Global Climate Change Science News

Post Reply
User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 21517
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm
OK, but I still have doubts.
Here you are trundling up what you believed to be evidence supporting your view that this global warming stuff is just so much bullshit for the third time, only to be told - for the third time - that what you believe to be fact is literally fake news. Your reaction? Basically "doesn't matter".

That scepticism we were talking about just a couple of days ago, where did it go? Or maybe its there, but just very one-sided. Or was it never even present to begin with? You're just paying it lip service to keep up appearances, maybe?

I suppose you'll post the same crap for a fourth time in another few months. Forgive me for finding your conduct a bit depressing now.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:15 pm
People who quote themselves are either neurotic arseholes or inveterate trolls or both.

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9975
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm
OK, but I still have doubts.
Here you are trundling up what you believed to be evidence supporting your view that this global warming stuff is just so much bullshit for the third time, only to be told - for the third time - that what you believe to be fact is literally fake news. Your reaction? Basically "doesn't matter".
In between, I googled time's headlines about it.

How many more polar bears do we need to save? Did you know that reporters were outed for misrepresenting the polar bear story?
That scepticism we were talking about just a couple of days ago, where did it go? Or maybe its there, but just very one-sided. Or was it never even present to begin with? You're just paying it lip service to keep up appearances, maybe?
Nope. I believe in climate change. You do too. That says absolutely nothing about the IPCC reports (or who funded them) or the reality of what would happen if we listened to that bratty teen (millions died from lack of fossil fuels)

I suppose you'll post the same crap for a fourth time in another few months. Forgive me for finding your conduct a bit depressing now.
Climate change, the phrase, makes no sense. No-one disagrees with it (because it would be like disagreeing with 'diurnal cycle')

Climate change, the phrase, is used to political ends, but doesn't seem to have any real utility outside that.

What does it mean? What would 'solving it' mean? (climate stasis?)

I don't mind acknowledging that some of the effects we are seeing are man-made, but it makes me very suspicious when people insist that 'climate change deniers say...' when they are (NONE of them) denying that climate changes. It's almost like trying to silence any dissent.

I expect they'll post the same crap for an nth time in another few months. forgive me if I remain sceptical of the super-wealthy who jet-set around barking about it.

It couldn't be funnier if Al Gore got rich off the notion and noone bats an eye if he buys beachfront property.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 63563
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:39 pm

The term climate change is not a vague statement that something is changing. Its central component is anthropogenic global warming, and it includes all the consequences of that, such as an increase in extreme weather events.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9975
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:45 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:39 pm
The term climate change is not a vague statement that something is changing. Its central component is anthropogenic global warming, and it includes all the consequences of that, such as an increase in extreme weather events.
So why not call it diurnal cycle?

And do dodge the mentions about the MANY times climate alarmists have been found to be wrong (or worse). It's not as tough as dodging polar bears.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 5023
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: :sigh:
Location: Ex-democracy
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Seabass » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Is Cunt a troll, or is he actually as dumb as he appears to be? I used to lean toward the former, but lately I'm leaning toward the latter... :bored:
"His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it." —From the OSS’s psychological profile of Adolf Hitler

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 63563
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Perhaps you have no understanding of the actual meaning of "diurnal cycle", otherwise your sentence is utterly without meaning.

By "climate alarmists", I presume you mean the thousands of highly qualified climate scientists whose objective studies demonstrate how continuing global warming will pose major problems for both the global environment and human civilisation.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 63563
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:50 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm
Is Cunt a troll, or is he actually as dumb as he appears to be? I used to lean toward the former, but lately I'm leaning toward the latter... :bored:
The two are not mutually incompatible... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 26356
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:52 pm

The Inter-govermental Panel on Climate Change report is actually a very conservative document, which while heavy on supporting evidence in its appendixes somewhat fudges it's conclusions and suggests some very modest targets. This is in the most part due to the Inter-govermental nature of the process - it's unavoidably an exercise in compromise to produce a watered down report that the contributing governments can all sign up to.

Climate deniers often tout the IPCC as a kind of undemocratic institution populated with intolerant science absolutists with an axe to grind and a self-serving morally bankrupt agenda to control the world. However, their role is simply to make recommendations to government which might inform public policy. The resulting government agreement and policy coordination is then to be thrashed out by the annual UN Climate Change Conference. After 26 years no specific action has been agreed.

Deniers, and the organisations which fund and promote denialism, attack the IPCC in an effort undermine and/or undercut governmental policy making, and therefore the moral charges that the IPCC is basically a malignant or malliciously ill-intentioned actor seek in practice to avoid consideration and discussion of both the modest recommendations of the panel and the weight of evidence in its report appendixes. Essentially this kind of denialism is an attempt to cast bonafide scientific methodologies, datasets, and conclusions as abborant opinion and to delegitimise any role which science might play in informing public policy.

All climate deniers are science deniers to a greater or lesser extent.



Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9975
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:00 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:49 pm
Perhaps you have no understanding of the actual meaning of "diurnal cycle", otherwise your sentence is utterly without meaning.
You are beginning to understand me. Let me make this clear:
The phrase "climate change" is, as you say, utterly without meaning.

So why use it to sell their program?
By "climate alarmists", I presume you mean the thousands of highly qualified climate scientists whose objective studies demonstrate how continuing global warming will pose major problems for both the global environment and human civilisation.
No, but thanks for helping to make my point. I'll try to be gentle here, JimC...

'climate alarmists' are people exhibiting unnecessary alarm at the weather.

It may be tough to sort out what is 'unnecessary' from reality, but immediately dismissing any possible scientific dissent, by citing (the NPC-sounding) 'I presume you mean the thousands of highly qualified climate scientists whose objective...'

Well, that sounds a bit closed-minded.

To me, anyway.

https://clintel.nl/wp-content/uploads/2 ... -to-un.pdf
Sr. António Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations,
United Nations Headquarters,
New York, NY 10017, United States of America.
Ms. Patricia Espinosa Cantellano, Executive Secretary,
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change,
UNFCCC Secretariat, UN Campus, Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1,
53113 Bonn, Germany
Your Excellencies,
There is no climate emergency
That's the short form. I would call anyone a 'climate alarmist' if they are predicting things that keep serving their political aims, independent of their accuracy. If there were highly paid actors doing it, I would suspect them of being highly paid to do it.

Energy IS big business, and when I think of how subtle competition might look around energy companies, I don't rule out someone paying protesters to make a little more noise for tactical purposes.

So anyone presenting a very clear case, without VERY clear falsifications available, has a big hill to climb.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 51894
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm
OK, but I still have doubts. They start with the phrase 'climate change'.

It's nonsensical. It really is the same as saying 'daylight change'.

The climate has been changing - unstoppably - forever.

I don't want to grant an angry teen the power to stop 'climate change'. I would be happy if 'climate change alarmism' was outed as dangerous though.

Climate change is short for human-induced climate change. You surely can't be this stupid.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9975
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:43 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:38 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm
OK, but I still have doubts. They start with the phrase 'climate change'.

It's nonsensical. It really is the same as saying 'daylight change'.

The climate has been changing - unstoppably - forever.

I don't want to grant an angry teen the power to stop 'climate change'. I would be happy if 'climate change alarmism' was outed as dangerous though.

Climate change is short for human-induced climate change. You surely can't be that stupid.
So why use such a vapid phrasing?

Is it possibly because it isn't about conveying information, so much as waving a flag?

Lots of the wealthy elite wave that flag publicly, while privately flying on private jets and investing in energy companies...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 51894
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Why use the phrasing? Because everyone, beside the terminally stupid, understands what it means.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9975
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:48 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:45 pm
Why use the phrasing? Because everyone, beside the terminally stupid, understands what it means.
It is very useful, in that it can be used in perpetuity.

So who paid for the IPCC report? And did they have other financial interest in the energy sector?

There aren't many 'alternatives' to fossil fuels...is there someone backing nuclear power who might profit from these HUGE goals?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 51894
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:50 pm

Conspiracy theory nonsense.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 9975
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:57 pm

the report? The funders? The EU? Or wondering about those things?

The rejection of any criticism of ANYone flying that flag is one of the reasons I am so reluctant to jump on board.

That and all the jet-setters laughing about it at opulent retreats.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists
Cunt wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:40 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:25 am
Do you hate Jews, Cunt?
I need to try to remember who you are a little better.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest