Global Climate Change Science News

Post Reply
User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 3692
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Seabass » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm
My position has been for some time that the solution to the causes of climate change is technology and science.
Sweet mother of god. :fp: :quintuplefacepalm:

What, like reducing our reliance on oil and "beautiful, clean coal" in favor of solar, wind, and various other clean energy sources?

The cognitive dissonance that you are capable of is truly fucking extraordinary.

Your actual position is that the solution to climate change is technology and science... that those evil, far-left, socialist, Marxist, communist Democrats have not yet publicly supported.

Blinded by partisanship. Jesus. Reminds me of the time Craig T. Nelson said "I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No."
Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

"I am a sick man... I am a wicked man. An unattractive man. I think my liver hurts."

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 25511
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Free market will solve all. You just have to market the guilt.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 37572
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm
My position has been for some time that the solution to the causes of climate change is technology and science.
Sweet mother of god. :fp: :quintuplefacepalm:

What, like reducing our reliance on oil and "beautiful, clean coal" in favor of solar, wind, and various other clean energy sources?

The cognitive dissonance that you are capable of is truly fucking extraordinary.

Your actual position is that the solution to climate change is technology and science... that those evil, far-left, socialist, Marxist, communist Democrats have not yet publicly supported.

Blinded by partisanship. Jesus. Reminds me of the time Craig T. Nelson said "I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No."
:lol:

It reminds me off when Seth, talking about climate change, and doing nothing about it 'cause 'freedom' said "Adapt or die". And I said, something like, "What like move away from coal and oil? That type of adaptation?"
"I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” she said of Mr. Trump. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”
- It was all about hurting people.

User avatar
Joe
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 am
Location: The Hovel under the Mountain
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Joe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:22 am

Oh lord, Seth on climate change. What a dumpster fire!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"as far as strong, i am hard as a rock and tough as a nail. no one will bring me down. no one. i am the debonator. the tnt. and jesus has my back door pal!" - D. C. Bockemehl
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 47780
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:00 am

Aderpt or derp.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Joe
Posts: 1198
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 am
Location: The Hovel under the Mountain
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Joe » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:19 am

:funny:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"as far as strong, i am hard as a rock and tough as a nail. no one will bring me down. no one. i am the debonator. the tnt. and jesus has my back door pal!" - D. C. Bockemehl
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 37572
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:06 am

Seth's version of adapt or die seemed to be "Let tge Earth warm. Let the seas rise. Those with a bit of moxy will do something about it. Those unwilling to simply move will die, as is right by natural selection."

This was in response to me saying what we need to do to kerb global warming. He couldn't understand that I also advocated adapt or die. Only my way had less of the dying part.

It shows what an odious cunt he was that he thought the supposed sacrifice of the weak presumably to usher in a stronger, more fit human, was a price he was willing to pay. Never mind that the idea of people getting up and moving equals refugees and immigration - something he and other right-wing fuckwits are against!

They oppose doing anything about climate change (and support wars in foreign lands) and helping refugees. They oppose abortion and the sex education that reduces unwanted pregnancy. They say murder is wrong but oppose the gun laws to reduce murder. They say they support strengthening the economy yet cling to a failed economic system. The right-wing really are the cause of their own problems.
"I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” she said of Mr. Trump. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”
- It was all about hurting people.

User avatar
Scot Dutchy
Posts: 10248
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
About me: Dijk beschermer
Location: 's-Gravenhage, Nederland
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:26 am

On RD forum Seth claimed he did not have health care but never needed it as he had enough money to pay for it. He also said government should pay for nothing everything should be left to individual. Even building roads. Everyone would be responsible for his bit of road. He had really crazy ideas. Everyone would be his own law officer.
He was totally mad.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 37572
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Rationalised sociopathy.
"I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” she said of Mr. Trump. “I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.”
- It was all about hurting people.

User avatar
Alan B
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:53 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Alan B » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm
My position has been for some time that the solution to the causes of climate change is technology and science.
I see. Then the projected extra 3.4 billion population by the end of the century will have no effect?
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

User avatar
Sean Hayden
Microagressor
Posts: 9877
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:50 pm

The neighbor effect. --the worst of them all
shut up

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 25511
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:26 am
On RD forum Seth claimed he did not have health care but never needed it as he had enough money to pay for it. He also said government should pay for nothing everything should be left to individual. Even building roads. Everyone would be responsible for his bit of road. He had really crazy ideas. Everyone would be his own law officer.
He was totally mad.
I just want one street then. Tero street. About 100m. I'm not paying for snow plowing, though. I'll send the guys to chain saw any fallen trees.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 13841
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm
My position has been for some time that the solution to the causes of climate change is technology and science.
Sweet mother of god. :fp: :quintuplefacepalm:

What, like reducing our reliance on oil and "beautiful, clean coal" in favor of solar, wind, and various other clean energy sources?
That could be part of the plan, sure. Mainly, though, any thinking person looking at the issue would lean more toward nuclear power as the answer, because the power needs are just too great to be solvable in the near term with solar and wind.

However, one of the bigger greenhouse gas outputs is cattle. That's quite well accepted, and that's one of the reasons why the green movement is giving to have folks become vegetarians or vegans - because if we didn't have the cattle we do, that would be a significant reduction in greenhouse gasses. Do you dispute that?
Seabass wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm

The cognitive dissonance that you are capable of is truly fucking extraordinary.
You obviously don't know what cognitive dissonance means.
Seabass wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Your actual position is that the solution to climate change is technology and science... that those evil, far-left, socialist, Marxist, communist Democrats have not yet publicly supported.
I was stating my position. I welcome anyone to agree with it, even communists.

Seabass wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Blinded by partisanship. Jesus. Reminds me of the time Craig T. Nelson said "I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No."
What in the world was partisan? It looks like you're blinded by partisanship, because you can't even look at a post about climate change, which presents a new technological advancement and discusses how that might be a significant impact on the gas emissions without thinking that you or some group you "identify" with has been attacked. You haven't been.

If you agree that manufacturing meat could be a good way to reduce cattle ranching, and thereby help reduce the emissions caused by that industry, then we agree. Good! I also think alternative energy sources are good ideas. My preference is nuclear, because of the megawattage that it can produce in comparison to other choices. Nuclear is among the greenest of energies, without the downsides of solar and wind. Nuclear has its own risk and downsides, of course, but on balance that's my preference.

So, what are the inconsistent thoughts or ideas that you think I have? I'll wait.
"If socialists understood economics, they wouldn't be socialists." Friedrich Von Hayek.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 13841
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm
Seabass wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm
My position has been for some time that the solution to the causes of climate change is technology and science.
Sweet mother of god. :fp: :quintuplefacepalm:

What, like reducing our reliance on oil and "beautiful, clean coal" in favor of solar, wind, and various other clean energy sources?

The cognitive dissonance that you are capable of is truly fucking extraordinary.

Your actual position is that the solution to climate change is technology and science... that those evil, far-left, socialist, Marxist, communist Democrats have not yet publicly supported.

Blinded by partisanship. Jesus. Reminds me of the time Craig T. Nelson said "I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No."
:lol:

It reminds me off when Seth, talking about climate change, and doing nothing about it 'cause 'freedom' said "Adapt or die". And I said, something like, "What like move away from coal and oil? That type of adaptation?"
I just posted about something to be done about it. But don't let reality mess with your preconceived notions and bullshit narratives.
"If socialists understood economics, they wouldn't be socialists." Friedrich Von Hayek.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 13841
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Forty Two » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Animavore wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:06 am
Seth's version of adapt or die seemed to be "Let tge Earth warm. Let the seas rise. Those with a bit of moxy will do something about it. Those unwilling to simply move will die, as is right by natural selection."

This was in response to me saying what we need to do to kerb global warming. He couldn't understand that I also advocated adapt or die. Only my way had less of the dying part.

It shows what an odious cunt he was that he thought the supposed sacrifice of the weak presumably to usher in a stronger, more fit human, was a price he was willing to pay. Never mind that the idea of people getting up and moving equals refugees and immigration - something he and other right-wing fuckwits are against!

They oppose doing anything about climate change (and support wars in foreign lands) and helping refugees. They oppose abortion and the sex education that reduces unwanted pregnancy. They say murder is wrong but oppose the gun laws to reduce murder. They say they support strengthening the economy yet cling to a failed economic system. The right-wing really are the cause of their own problems.

"hey, guys, whaddya think of the potential for this new technology to have a positive impact on climate change?"

"EEEK!!! Blerk!!! Seth!!! Do nothing!!! Dissonance!!! Seth!!!"

Seth has been gone for years, hasn't he? Some of you must really love the guy. You miss him so much, you keep reminiscing about old debates. You must find him so dreamy.......
"If socialists understood economics, they wouldn't be socialists." Friedrich Von Hayek.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests