Global Climate Change Science News

Post Reply
User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36460
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 31, 2018 9:56 am

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:52 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 am
While large parts of Australia, Africa, the US etc become untenable for farming.
With the raised level of CO2, farming is actually becoming more viable in areas that were previously too dry.
Plants need less water, with higher CO2 in the air. A lot of deserts are actually getting greener in the margins.
So you agree now that higher CO2 due to human activity has an effect on the planet?

How's your foot?
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 am

Animavore wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:56 am

So you agree now that higher CO2 due to human activity has an effect on the planet?

How's your foot?
Never said it didn't. It's your lack of comprehension that's the problem.

I said the effects were exaggerated and a lot of guesswork, without evidence to back them up.
And they were, and still are being exaggerated and lied about.
The fact remains that the climate has never been accurately modelled or forecast.
A million different models is not a forecast.
When the climate alarmist industry actually makes one official forecast and sticks to it, they might be worth taking seriously. As it is, it's one big joke. A big joke that's costing the poorest people the most money.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45056
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 10:12 am

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:52 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 am
While large parts of Australia, Africa, the US etc become untenable for farming.
With the raised level of CO2, farming is actually becoming more viable in areas that were previously too dry.
Plants need less water, with higher CO2 in the air. A lot of deserts are actually getting greener in the margins.
Water isn't the critical issue (although the level and frequency of it is). It's heat. Wheat and other staple crops fail if it gets too hot. Basically our whole infrastructure, both physical and agricultural (and ecological), aren't adapted for temperatures much higher than we get now in Australia, US, Middle East and Africa. Roads melt, train tracks buckle, electrical motors overheat and fail, crops increasingly struggle, etc etc.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45056
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 10:15 am

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 am
Animavore wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:56 am

So you agree now that higher CO2 due to human activity has an effect on the planet?

How's your foot?
Never said it didn't. It's your lack of comprehension that's the problem.

I said the effects were exaggerated and a lot of guesswork, without evidence to back them up.
So where's your evidence that greater CO2 leads to greening of desert margins? And to save you time, even if you did post some evidence, I'm just going to hand-wave it away via the following:
And they were, and still are being exaggerated and lied about.
Man, being a conspiracy theorist is easy. I should get into this gig!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45056
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 10:17 am

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 am
Animavore wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:56 am

So you agree now that higher CO2 due to human activity has an effect on the planet?

How's your foot?
Never said it didn't. It's your lack of comprehension that's the problem.

I said the effects were exaggerated and a lot of guesswork, without evidence to back them up.
And they were, and still are being exaggerated and lied about.
The fact remains that the climate has never been accurately modelled or forecast.
A million different models is not a forecast.
When the climate alarmist industry actually makes one official forecast and sticks to it, they might be worth taking seriously. As it is, it's one big joke. A big joke that's costing the poorest people the most money.
Temperature is rising at an alarming rate. That's actual physical data (which you no doubt think has been fudged by "them"), not modelling. Will you accept the evidence right in front of your eyes?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 31, 2018 10:18 am

The greening effect of higher CO2 levels has been posted about before on this site, and is easily found on google.

I'm not a nursemaid.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45056
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 am

Woosh..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36460
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 31, 2018 10:24 am

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:09 am
Animavore wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:56 am

So you agree now that higher CO2 due to human activity has an effect on the planet?

How's your foot?
Never said it didn't. It's your lack of comprehension that's the problem.

I said the effects were exaggerated and a lot of guesswork, without evidence to back them up.
And they were, and still are being exaggerated and lied about.
The fact remains that the climate has never been accurately modelled or forecast.
A million different models is not a forecast.
When the climate alarmist industry actually makes one official forecast and sticks to it, they might be worth taking seriously. As it is, it's one big joke. A big joke that's costing the poorest people the most money.
Straight up bullshit. Your story constantly shifts. Sometimes you say nothing is happening. Other times you say it is but it's natural, though you post contradictory studies as to the cause (Is it the Sun? Is it cosmic rays?). Now your saying we are causing a change but it's not going to be as bad as they say. You're stumbling all over the shop, spilling Kool-aid all over your runners.

Also your cherry picking is shameless. Do you know why you know that some deserts are going a little green around the edge? Or that farming is becoming viable in some small areas? Because climate scientists told you so. Because the IPCC 5th assessment, which details positive, as well as negative, effects tells you so. Yet you readily accept the positive parts without question while rejecting the more numerous negative report which you reject as a "religious text". You may not be able to figure out yourself the cognitive dissonance which leads you to believe two contradictory statements, but the rest of us have you pegged.

Those negative effects, by the way, will have a far more devastatingly effect (already doing so in some parts) on poor people if we do nothing. But, let's face it, you don't really give a shit about poor people or you'd support divesting the fossil industry and subsidising renewables instead and for the first world nations who caused the bulk of the damage to use some of that divested money to help poorer nations along as reparations and help them be self-sustainable and not relying on Western oil.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am

While the alarmist lobby concentrates on highly speculative negative effects of warming, to the total exclusion of any positive effects, it's perfectly valid to do the same in response.
This has been going on for years.

The only positive that they ever pointed to was that the northwest passage would be navigable for cargo ships by the millenium.

Still waiting.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36460
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 31, 2018 10:38 am

Bullshit. Stop lying. Plenty of positive effects listed by scientists.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global ... atives.htm
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 am

Animavore wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:38 am
Bullshit. Stop lying. Plenty of positive effects listed by scientists.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global ... atives.htm
Scientists???? :ask: Sceptical Science????? :ask:

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36460
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 31, 2018 11:06 am

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 am
Animavore wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:38 am
Bullshit. Stop lying. Plenty of positive effects listed by scientists.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global ... atives.htm
Scientists???? :ask: Sceptical Science????? :ask:

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
It's a basic summary of what scientists say. You said "alarmists" (which you claim Skeptical Science are) concentrate on the negative effects to the exclusion of positive. You were shown wrong. Climate scientists are aware of both. Every positive claim you mentioned is in that article. This shows, comprehensively, that it is only you who are concentrating on a preferred outcome over another. And undermines your contention that it's "perfectly valid to do so (cherry pick) in response" because you respond to a straw-man of your own creation.

Real scientists don't have the luxury of cherry picking and have to report on all effects of climate change; positive, negative, and neutral. Which the IPCC's assessment, written in collaboration with hundreds of scientists based on the work of thousands more, does.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45056
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 12:21 pm

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am
While the alarmist lobby concentrates on highly speculative negative effects of warming, to the total exclusion of any positive effects, it's perfectly valid to do the same in response.
He just explained this to you. Did you forget to read the words while you were staring at them on the screen? :think:
This has been going on for years.

The only positive that they ever pointed to was that the northwest passage would be navigable for cargo ships by the millenium.

Still waiting.
That's nice, dear, but do you accept the negatives as well as the positives? Performing a tu quoque isn't really the strongest argument for inaction on climate change.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 45056
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Now with 50% less ranting!
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 12:25 pm

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 am
Animavore wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:38 am
Bullshit. Stop lying. Plenty of positive effects listed by scientists.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global ... atives.htm
Scientists???? :ask: Sceptical Science????? :ask:

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
And there it is... You know MM has lost the argument when he pulls out the :funny: smilies. They're like clockwork! :hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36460
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 31, 2018 12:42 pm

He can't have it both ways. Either he accepts the negative along with the positive. Or rejects the positive ali ng with the negative. Either he accepts all the conclusions of the IPCC assessment or he rejects them all.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], rainbow and 5 guests