Global Climate Change Science News

Post Reply
User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 46724
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 25, 2018 1:45 am

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 pm
Animavore wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:38 pm

From the same article you scurried through, looking for something to confirm your bias.
Evidence from mountain glaciers does suggest increased glaciation in a number of widely spread regions outside Europe prior to the twentieth century, including Alaska, New Zealand and Patagonia. However, the timing of maximum glacial advances in these regions differs considerably, suggesting that they may represent largely independent regional climate changes, not a globally-synchronous increased glaciation. Thus current evidence does not support globally synchronous periods of anomalous cold or warmth over this interval, and the conventional terms of "Little Ice Age" and "Medieval Warm Period" appear to have limited utility in describing trends in hemispheric or global mean temperature changes in past centuries.... [Viewed] hemispherically, the "Little Ice Age" can only be considered as a modest cooling of the Northern Hemisphere during this period of less than 1°C relative to late twentieth century levels.
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

That's where they are directly quoting the IPCC you clod !!
The IPCC is full of shit and can't be relied on for anything other than activism. They would like to deny the Little Ice Age because it doesn't fit their discredited hockey stick, that's all.
That's how dishonest they are.

I quoted where proper scientists did proper research.
If you read the whole article, without the IPCC bollocks, the CONSENSUS :hehe: is that the Little Ice Age was global.

You just posted this three times in a row. That's got to be some sort of record! You were probably fumbling to mash in as many :funny: smilies as you could...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 am

Animavore wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 am
mistermack wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 am
Animavore wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:34 am
You were caught on the fucking hop.
You poo your pants.
You were caught on the fucking hop. Fucking laughed at. You quote people who disagree with you fundamentally and act as if they agree with you. This is why you are compared to a creationist. They also quote stuff scientists say and then say that they prove their side.
When people who disagree with me produce data that supports my assertion, I can be pretty sure that they are not biased in my favour. It's far more impressive than if a load of climate deniers produced the same piece of work.
Is that REALLY too hard for you to grasp? :biggrin:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 46724
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 25, 2018 1:51 am

mistermack wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:16 am
Perhaps you can suggest a climate influence that could cause three hundred years of cooling in the north, and not in the South?
I suspect ocean currents (i.e. conveyor belts) could potentially do that.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 46724
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 am

mistermack wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 am
Animavore wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 am
mistermack wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 am
Animavore wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:34 am
You were caught on the fucking hop.
You poo your pants.
You were caught on the fucking hop. Fucking laughed at. You quote people who disagree with you fundamentally and act as if they agree with you. This is why you are compared to a creationist. They also quote stuff scientists say and then say that they prove their side.
When people who disagree with me produce data that supports my assertion, I can be pretty sure that they are not biased in my favour. It's far more impressive than if a load of climate deniers produced the same piece of work.
Is that REALLY too hard for you to grasp? :biggrin:
Man, you're running on a 'begging the question' fallacy. Years ago your argument against climate change was (to paraphrase): I haven't noticed the sea level rising at my local beach. You started with a bias, and your subsequent "conclusions" have just flowed on from that point.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 37094
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 am

he doesn't even understand what the IPCC does. He seems tothink they invented and only rely on the "hockey stick" and a bunch of other graphs.

Here's the chapter list for the fifth report.

Chapter 2: Observations: Atmosphere and Surface
Chapter 3: Observations: Oceans
Chapter 4: Observations: Cryosphere
Chapter 5: Information from Paleoclimate Archives
Chapter 6: Carbon and Other Biogeochemical Cycles
Chapter 7: Clouds and Aerosols
Chapter 8: Anthropogenic and Natural Radiative Forcing
Chapter 9: Evaluation of Climate Models
Chapter 10: Detection and Attribution of Climate Change : from Global to Regional
Chapter 11: Near-term Climate Change: Projections and Predictability
Chapter 12: Long-term Climate Change: Projections, Commitments and Irreversibility
Chapter 13: Sea Level Change
Chapter 14: Climate Phenomena and their Relevance for Future Regional Climate Change

And that's just part one. Co-written by 255 scientists in the respected fields pulling from thousands of papers from thousands more scientists.

MM thinks it's just -
mistermack wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:19 pm
The people in the IPCC are just a bunch of fat cats, riding the gravy train.
:hilarious:
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 46724
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 25, 2018 1:59 am

It's the dumbest conspiracy theory in the world. Why the fuck would governments and the private sector want to disrupt the regular fossil fuel economy to change to an allegedly unneeded renewable energy approach if it didn't have to? :think: A better conspiracy theory (and closer to the actual reality that we see) is that governments and the private sector want to hang on to artificially cheap fossil fuel energy and fund "science" and thinktanks and advertising and lobbying to muddy the water and confuse the fearful and uneducated plebs who wouldn't know science if it was delivered to their doorstep in a peer reviewed journal. I'm not saying MM is one of those, of course... :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 37094
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 am

mistermack wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 am
Animavore wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 am
mistermack wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 am
Animavore wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:34 am
You were caught on the fucking hop.
You poo your pants.
You were caught on the fucking hop. Fucking laughed at. You quote people who disagree with you fundamentally and act as if they agree with you. This is why you are compared to a creationist. They also quote stuff scientists say and then say that they prove their side.
When people who disagree with me produce data that supports my assertion, I can be pretty sure that they are not biased in my favour. It's far more impressive than if a load of climate deniers produced the same piece of work.
Is that REALLY too hard for you to grasp? :biggrin:
Disagree with you? You don't even have your story straight. Sometimes there's no warming. Other times you say there is but the bit of warmth is nice. Then you say it's cooling. Then you try to show papers you think show other explanations for the warming you don't believe is happening, but also do believe, and also welcome, like the one about cosmic waves (that was a hoot).

You don't have your facts straight, or your story straight. You clearly don't even know what the IPCC do. You think there's some conspiracy of silence going on in science, the very source of human enquiry which welcomes opposition, dissent and questioning.

Your own people, the fossil industry who disseminated the lies you swallow, have even given up and abandoned the cause because they see the writing's on the wall.
Animavore wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:08 pm
Denialists officially lose the argument.
Fossil fuels are the problem, say fossil fuel companies being sued
By Nathanael Johnson on Mar 21, 2018

Big Oil and the cities suing them in federal court agreed on at least one thing on Wednesday: Human-made climate change is real.

In the country’s first court hearing on the science behind climate change, a lawyer for Chevron, Theodore Boutrous Jr., said the oil company accepts the scientific consensus. He quoted chapter and verse from the reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the thousands of scientists assembled by the United Nations to figure out exactly what’s going on. “From Chevron’s perspective, there is no debate about the science of climate change,” Boutrous said.

Oil companies have recently started saying they’re on the side of science, but they’ve never said it so clearly in court.
https://grist.org/article/fossil-fuels- ... eing-sued/

Game. Set. Match.

And lastly, you were caught on the fucking hop.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Fri May 25, 2018 8:53 am

Animavore wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 am
Disagree with you? You don't even have your story straight. Sometimes there's no warming. Other times you say there is but the bit of warmth is nice. Then you say it's cooling. Then you try to show papers you think show other explanations for the warming you don't believe is happening, but also do believe, and also welcome, like the one about cosmic waves (that was a hoot).


And lastly, you were caught on the fucking hop.
I'd like to see you link to anywhere I said that stuff. You seem to have been hallucinating.

The only thing that's hopping is the family of bunny rabbits inside your skull. :ab: :lol:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Fri May 25, 2018 9:22 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:59 am
It's the dumbest conspiracy theory in the world. Why the fuck would governments and the private sector want to disrupt the regular fossil fuel economy to change to an allegedly unneeded renewable energy approach if it didn't have to? :think:
:fp: You need to engage your own brain. Politicians just want votes. They want to gain votes here, and not lose them there. If the public are buying this alarmist shit, the politicians will feed it to them.
Private sector just want to make money. It doesn't matter to them what the facts are, they will say whatever keeps them in the least trouble with governments and the media.

Right now the fashion is fervent alarmism. That's the flow they will go with, to keep their heads down and avoid attack.

If the fashion became global cooling, they would all go with that.
In a nutshell, all they all care about is their own interests.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 46724
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 am

mistermack wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:22 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:59 am
It's the dumbest conspiracy theory in the world. Why the fuck would governments and the private sector want to disrupt the regular fossil fuel economy to change to an allegedly unneeded renewable energy approach if it didn't have to? :think:
:fp: You need to engage your own brain. Politicians just want votes. They want to gain votes here, and not lose them there. If the public are buying this alarmist shit, the politicians will feed it to them.
Votes and funding science are almost totally un-related. People don't vote on where the science funding is going.
Private sector just want to make money. It doesn't matter to them what the facts are, they will say whatever keeps them in the least trouble with governments and the media.
And the biggest money is in fossil fuels, not renewables (yet). :fp:
Right now the fashion is fervent alarmism. That's the flow they will go with, to keep their heads down and avoid attack.

If the fashion became global cooling, they would all go with that.
In a nutshell, all they all care about is their own interests.
Cool story, bro.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 37094
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Wed May 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Melting Arctic sends a message: Climate change is here in a big way

Evidence that the Arctic is warming rapidly extends far beyond shrinking ice caps and buckling roads. It also includes a melting Greenland ice sheet; a rapid decline in the extent of the Arctic’s floating sea ice cover in summer; warming and thawing of permafrost; shrubs taking over areas of tundra that formerly were dominated by sedges, grasses, mosses and lichens; and a rise in temperature twice as large as that for the globe as a whole. This outsized warming even has a name: Arctic amplification.

The Arctic began to stir in the early 1990s. The first signs of change were a slight warming of the ocean and an apparent decline in sea ice. By the end of the decade, it was abundantly clear that something was afoot. But to me, it looked like natural climate variability. As I saw it, shifts in wind patterns could explain a lot of the warming, as well as loss of sea ice. There didn’t seem to be much need to invoke the specter of rising greenhouse gas levels.

In 2000 I teamed up with a number of leading researchers in different fields of Arctic science to undertake a comprehensive analysis of all evidence of change that we had seen and how to interpret it. We concluded that while some changes, such as loss of sea ice, were consistent with what climate models were predicting, others were not.

To be clear, we were not asking whether the impacts of rising greenhouse gas concentrations would appear first in the Arctic, as we expected. The science supporting this projection was solid. The issue was whether those impacts had yet emerged. Eventually they did – and in a big way. Sometime around 2003, I accepted the overwhelming evidence of human-induced warming, and started warning the public about what the Arctic was telling us.
Read all; https://theconversation.com/melting-arc ... -way-95573
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Wed May 30, 2018 10:46 pm

In other good news, the growing season in northern countries is being extended, increasing food and timber production, and reducing fuel bills, and opening up big areas of the north that were previously uninhabitable.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 46724
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 am

While large parts of Australia, Africa, the US etc become untenable for farming.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"You know you blokes didn't criticize Obama. You're lying. - Forty Two. Umm - http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42144

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 37094
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 31, 2018 9:42 am

mistermack wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:46 pm
In other good news, the growing season in northern countries is being extended, increasing food and timber production, and reducing fuel bills, and opening up big areas of the north that were previously uninhabitable.
Here you are again cherry picking the parts you want to hear and wavering between denial and acceptance with the caveat that it's all good and natural. There is deep inconsistency running through your worldview.

Get your story straight.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 31, 2018 9:52 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 am
While large parts of Australia, Africa, the US etc become untenable for farming.
With the raised level of CO2, farming is actually becoming more viable in areas that were previously too dry.
Plants need less water, with higher CO2 in the air. A lot of deserts are actually getting greener in the margins.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests