Global Climate Change Science News

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:00 am

Yes. Yes. NASA, NOAA, scientific institutes all over the World, the data, the photos of receding glaciers, the animals emigrating, the flowers blooming out of season, the rising sea, the increase in air moisture, at. All lying.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:21 am

..and just to spoil your Sunday morning. Don't read it if you are in a good mood. This from the Guardian at: https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... p_Facebook

What happens when global temperatures increase:

0.6C higher
As temperatures increase beyond preindustrial levels, widespread extinction of amphibians begins.

1.0C higher
As warming causes ice sheets to melt, krill populations suffer, threatening the penguins’ main food source.

1.6C higher
About half of wooded tundra is lost, putting pressure on its inhabitants such as moose, lynx and brown bears.

2.2C higher
At warming just over the +2C limit agreed in Paris 25% of large mammals in Africa are extinct.

2.6C higher
Major loss of tropical rainforests and the species that depend on them for habitat, including orangutans, sloths and jaguars.

More than 4C higher
At these temperatures, up to 70% of species would be extinct, coral reefs would be dead and deserts would expand across the globe.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks. Just what I needed to cheer me up.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Animavore wrote:Yes. Yes. NASA, NOAA, scientific institutes all over the World, the data, the photos of receding glaciers, the animals emigrating, the flowers blooming out of season, the rising sea, the increase in air moisture, at. All lying.
They're all in on the conspiracy.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Rum wrote:..and just to spoil your Sunday morning. Don't read it if you are in a good mood. This from the Guardian at: https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... p_Facebook

What happens when global temperatures increase:

0.6C higher
As temperatures increase beyond preindustrial levels, widespread extinction of amphibians begins.

1.0C higher
As warming causes ice sheets to melt, krill populations suffer, threatening the penguins’ main food source.

1.6C higher
About half of wooded tundra is lost, putting pressure on its inhabitants such as moose, lynx and brown bears.

2.2C higher
At warming just over the +2C limit agreed in Paris 25% of large mammals in Africa are extinct.

2.6C higher
Major loss of tropical rainforests and the species that depend on them for habitat, including orangutans, sloths and jaguars.

More than 4C higher
At these temperatures, up to 70% of species would be extinct, coral reefs would be dead and deserts would expand across the globe.
We've more or less locked in 2C. I think we've definitively locked in 1.5, but the trajectory of our emission cuts suggest we can't match less than 2C. In all likelihood, we are looking at 3-4C. And if positive feedbacks kick in, it could be even worse than that. And remember, that's average temps. Extreme maximums are expected to be double that or thereabouts. So 4C would lead to about 8C increases in extreme heat temps. So close enough to 58C in a sizeable chunk of Australia, including 53C in Adelaide and Melbourne (and all the country in between and further afield towards Canberra and central NSW). Some spots in the Middle East and California up to 60C! Roads normally start melting around 50C. Rail lines buckle at about that too. Aircon's and electric motors start failing in the 50+ region.

But that's alright. Winter's at MM and Siva's places will be nicer.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Sadly the effects on human populations, our movements, the struggle to find water and climate refugees moving in on existing populations and the potential for conflict - all happening during the changes to our climate are likely to affect us most of all at least to begin with.

I'm not going to be around to see most of it and I'm relieved to be honest.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Isn't it amazing.
EVERY SINGLE THING that results from warming is catastrophically bad. :hairfire:

What are the odds on that happening? :funny: :funny: :funny:

I don't blame the alarmists for lying, when people are so gullible.

Why would you not lie? Nobody's going to question it. :dunno:

You're like a pond full of starving fish. They throw you your fodder, and you gobble it up.
Doesn't anybody question anything these days?
The word is rationalia, after all.

Think about it. Or do a bit of reading.
You should be aware that all of the species on earth today have survived temperatures that were much higher than today. We are actually in a warm period of an ice-age.
Ice ages are not the norm. Over millions of years, the Earth has been much hotter as a long term state.
If higher temperatures were catastrophic as in Rum's post, we wouldn't be here, and neither would the majority of species.

But carry on gobbling up your scraps from the alarmists. You know you love it.
Last edited by mistermack on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:12 pm

The word is actually "science". And the words that are messing you up are "conspiracy theory"... :yawn:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Species have survived climate change in the past, but in the past the climate changed imperceptibly slowly and the species had time to adapt.

This isn't rocket science.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Animavore wrote:Species have survived climate change in the past, but in the past the climate changed imperceptibly slowly and the species had time to adapt.

Also, humans have changed the landscape from what it was. Some migrations of land species will not be feasible across fields and cities to survivable climate.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:18 pm

[seth]Aderpt or derp![/seth]

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Mistermack sounds like a creationist trying to poo poo evolution.

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Rum wrote:Mistermack sounds like a creationist trying to poo poo evolution.
Poo poo climate science. Poo poo Rum. Poo poo Ani. Poo poo pErvin. Where's the poo poo smilie when you want it? :toetap: Oh well. :wgaf:

mistermack

Post by mistermack » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Animavore wrote:Species have survived climate change in the past, but in the past the climate changed imperceptibly slowly and the species had time to adapt.

No, it's evolutionary science. And it's a myth that climate changed imperceptibly slowly in the past. You should read more.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:40 pm

mistermack wrote:
Rum wrote:Mistermack sounds like a creationist trying to poo poo evolution.
Poo poo climate science. Poo poo Rum. Poo poo Ani. Poo poo pErvin. Where's the poo poo smilie when you want it? :toetap: Oh well. :wgaf:
Great argument.