Global Climate Change Science News

Post Reply
User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 24288
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Tero » Thu May 03, 2018 3:26 pm

The air-conditioner connected heat pumps simply juggle energy use. I have one. My city (city council is liberal) is some 50% modern sources of electricity, some 50% coal. If coal is the only source of electrical power in your area, you are burning coal to heat your house. This is worse than a gas furnace, as gas burns both H and C in the gas so there is less CO2 produced compared to the same heat with coal-electricity.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
"Brown Shoes Don't Make It" is a song about the people who run the governments, the people who make the laws that keep you from living the kind of life you know you should lead. These unfortunate people manufacture inequitable laws and ordinance, perhaps unaware of the fact that the restrictions they place on the young people in a society are a result of their own hidden sexual frustrations. Dirty old men have no business running your country.

User avatar
Scot Dutchy
Posts: 8830
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
About me: Dijk beschermer
Location: 's-Gravenhage, Nederland
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri May 04, 2018 11:15 am

I have just received an invitation from the Town Council for a discussion over heatpumps for apartments. Apparently it is going to happen sooner than later! Monday the 14th I will know more.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 17, 2018 5:55 pm

What's new in the Arctic ?? Bugger all :




Not exactly "clear of Ice". Just an area bigger than the US or Canada but just under the size of Russia.

Still enough for one or two polar bears. :funny:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36913
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 pm

:what:
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
Posts: 7073
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:54 pm
About me: Still crazy after all these years.
Location: Northern Muskeg, The Great White North
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Woodbutcher » Sun May 20, 2018 12:33 am

That's the maximum extent. Had you bothered to read the article, it would have mentioned that the winter maximum is decreasing continuously, the ice is thinner, and the freeze occurs later and later. That screws up the food availability for polar bears who need to hunt from ice. Summer ice extent is declining, and bears spend more and more of their time on land, until ice forms again. Out of the nineteen sub-groups six are stable, two are increasing, and three are in decline. You should go to Churchill, Manitoba to observe these guys.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 20459
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun May 20, 2018 3:28 am

Why read an article when a picture will do just as well?

Image

Still got snow in Canada therefore no global warming. Simples :D
.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
Scot Dutchy
Posts: 8830
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
About me: Dijk beschermer
Location: 's-Gravenhage, Nederland
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am

Naughty boy Brian. You have been hot linking. :shifty:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36913
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Sun May 20, 2018 9:43 am

Meanwhile in reality land; Earth hits its 400th straight month in a row above average temperature. The last time we had a below avera ge month was in 1984.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... onth/61848
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 12:33 am
That's the maximum extent. Had you bothered to read the article, it would have mentioned that the winter maximum is decreasing continuously, the ice is thinner, and the freeze occurs later and later. That screws up the food availability for polar bears who need to hunt from ice. Summer ice extent is declining, and bears spend more and more of their time on land, until ice forms again. Out of the nineteen sub-groups six are stable, two are increasing, and three are in decline. You should go to Churchill, Manitoba to observe these guys.
Yeh, they've been saying all that crap for years. Thirty years ago, they were forecasting that the north pole would be free of ice by the turn of the millenium.
There is warming. It's microscopically tiny. And amazing but true, the climate is ALWAYS warming or cooling. And has been for thousands of years.
I remember around the Millenium, they went on and on about how the ice was thinning, it should be all fucking gone by now.

That picture by the way, is not the maximum extent. If YOU had read the article, you would see that the ice peaks at the end of February.

Polar bears don't need to panic :
wikipedia wrote: Because of expected habitat loss caused by climate change, the polar bear is classified as a vulnerable species, and at least three of the nineteen polar bear subpopulations are currently in decline.[8] However, at least two of the nineteen subpopulations are currently increasing, while another six are considered stable.[9]
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36913
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 24, 2018 4:05 pm

No one predicted that the North Pole would be free of ice by the millennium! :hilarious:

By the end of this century, maybe. And even then they only talk about see ice during the Summer.
mistermack wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm
And amazing but true, the climate is ALWAYS warming or cooling. And has been for thousands of years.
No shit. We already know this because climate science tells us this. The same climate science also tells us we are rapidly accelerating the rate of climate change.

When you accept a part of a science which fits in with your bias (like creationists accepting "micro-evolution"), but reject the part that doesn't (like rejecting macro-evolution (a good comparison there, creationists also don't believe in things they can't tell by simply looking out there window)) - that's called "cherry-picking".
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:05 pm
No shit. We already know this because climate science tells us this. The same climate science also tells us we are rapidly accelerating the rate of climate change
Absolutely not so.
The climate warming rate from 1900 to 1950, when CO2 levels had hardly risen at all, was pretty much the same as that from 1950 to 2000, the ten decades AFTER CO2 levels started to significantly rise.

What's been accelerated in the recent years is the massaging and fiddling of the figures, which is now out of control.
That's why climate is no longer a science. It's a campaign.

That's why I post the latest ice map. It's harder to fiddle, than a global temperature, which is massively easy.
The ice in the Arctic and Antarctic has changed minutely, which roughly matches a warming of one degree from 1900. There was a "little ice age" that lasted about 350 to 400 years, which we only started coming out of in the 1800s.
That's a lot of cold stored up, and it's not surprising that things have warmed a tiny bit.

I like it. The miserable little bit of warming is much appreciated round this way.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36913
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Work on your argument before you start opening your yap because you're all over the place. You can't decide whether it's warming or not. You contradict yourself in your paragraphs.

You also don't seem to understand that the so-called mini ice-age is a localised event and not a global phenomena.

Work on your argument. Make sure its internally consistent and the lines of evidence show convergence and present your evidence, I see no links backing you up, before you vomit your nonsense up in here because right now you sound like a creationist out of his depth. The comment about fiddling makes you sound like a tin-foil hat wearing looney, like David Icke, but I won't mention it.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:57 pm
Work on your argument before you start opening your yap because you're all over the place. You can't decide whether it's warming or not. You contradict yourself in your paragraphs.

You also don't seem to understand that the so-called mini ice-age is a localised event and not a global phenomena.

Work on your argument. Make sure its internally consistent and the lines of evidence show convergence and present your evidence, I see no links backing you up, before you vomit your nonsense up in here because right now you sound like a creationist out of his depth. The comment about fiddling makes you sound like a tin-foil hat wearing looney, like David Icke, but I won't mention it.
Every one of your posts betrays your lack of scientific knowledge, so I don't take any of your comments seriously.
You're high on dedication, but low on intellectual grasp.
But that's fine. Nothing you write can cause the slightest difference to me.
Facts are what I take note of, and the only source of data is getting more and more activist, and hence less and less trustworthy, year by year.

The Little Ice Age was a global phenomenon.
Only climate alarmists claim otherwise.
You can't go any further south than Antarctica :
wikipedia wrote:
Antarctica

CO2 mixing ratios at Law Dome
Kreutz et al. (1997) compared results from studies of West Antarctic ice cores with the Greenland Ice Sheet Project Two GISP2 and suggested a synchronous global cooling.[59] An ocean sediment core from the eastern Bransfield Basin in the Antarctic Peninsula shows centennial events that the authors link to the Little Ice Age and Medieval Warm Period.[60] The authors note "other unexplained climatic events comparable in duration and amplitude to the LIA and MWP events also appear."

The Siple Dome (SD) had a climate event with an onset time that is coincident with that of the Little Ice Age in the North Atlantic based on a correlation with the GISP2 record. The event is the most dramatic climate event in the SD Holocene glaciochemical record.[61] The Siple Dome ice core also contained its highest rate of melt layers (up to 8%) between 1550 and 1700, most likely because of warm summers.[62] Law Dome ice cores show lower levels of CO2 mixing ratios from 1550 to 1800, which Etheridge and Steele conjecture are "probably as a result of colder global climate."[63]

Sediment cores in Bransfield Basin, Antarctic Peninsula, have neoglacial indicators by diatom and sea-ice taxa variations during the Little Ice Age.[64] Stable isotope records from the Mount Erebus Saddle ice core site suggests that the Ross Sea region experienced 1.6 ± 1.4 °C cooler average temperatures during the Little Ice Age, compared to the last 150 years.[65]
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 36913
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Thu May 24, 2018 7:38 pm

mistermack wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm
Every one of your posts betrays your lack of scientific knowledge, so I don't take any of your comments seriously.
You're high on dedication, but low on intellectual grasp.
:hilarious:

This from a guy who thinks he know climate by looking out his window.
mistermack wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm
But that's fine. Nothing you write can cause the slightest difference to me.
That's because you're impervious to evidence.
mistermack wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm
Facts are what I take note of, and the only source of data is getting more and more activist, and hence less and less trustworthy, year by year.
Tin-foil hat.
mistermack wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm
The Little Ice Age was a global phenomenon.
Only climate alarmists claim otherwise.
You can't go any further south than Antarctica :
Jesus. more cherry picking.

From the same article you scurried through, looking for something to confirm your bias.
Evidence from mountain glaciers does suggest increased glaciation in a number of widely spread regions outside Europe prior to the twentieth century, including Alaska, New Zealand and Patagonia. However, the timing of maximum glacial advances in these regions differs considerably, suggesting that they may represent largely independent regional climate changes, not a globally-synchronous increased glaciation. Thus current evidence does not support globally synchronous periods of anomalous cold or warmth over this interval, and the conventional terms of "Little Ice Age" and "Medieval Warm Period" appear to have limited utility in describing trends in hemispheric or global mean temperature changes in past centuries.... [Viewed] hemispherically, the "Little Ice Age" can only be considered as a modest cooling of the Northern Hemisphere during this period of less than 1°C relative to late twentieth century levels.
Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor.

User avatar
mistermack
Posts: 15093
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 am
About me: Never rong.
Contact:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by mistermack » Thu May 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:38 pm

From the same article you scurried through, looking for something to confirm your bias.
Evidence from mountain glaciers does suggest increased glaciation in a number of widely spread regions outside Europe prior to the twentieth century, including Alaska, New Zealand and Patagonia. However, the timing of maximum glacial advances in these regions differs considerably, suggesting that they may represent largely independent regional climate changes, not a globally-synchronous increased glaciation. Thus current evidence does not support globally synchronous periods of anomalous cold or warmth over this interval, and the conventional terms of "Little Ice Age" and "Medieval Warm Period" appear to have limited utility in describing trends in hemispheric or global mean temperature changes in past centuries.... [Viewed] hemispherically, the "Little Ice Age" can only be considered as a modest cooling of the Northern Hemisphere during this period of less than 1°C relative to late twentieth century levels.
:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

That's where they are directly quoting the IPCC you clod !!
The IPCC is full of shit and can't be relied on for anything other than activism. They would like to deny the Little Ice Age because it doesn't fit their discredited hockey stick, that's all.
That's how dishonest they are.

I quoted where proper scientist did proper research.
If you read the whole article, without the IPCC bollocks, the CONSENSUS is that the Little Ice Age was global.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests