Global Climate Change Science News

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Animavore » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Jesus you two are fucking idiots exhibiting, yet again, another fine example of cherry picking a small subset of data to come to the wider conclusion you want. It would almost be impressive if it weren't so transparent.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:58 pm

The article from Wattsupwiththat, a known shill for the fossil industry, is laughable. His evidence that Mann and Steig are wrong is because he says that two diagrams look similar. The paper he quotes does not, anywhere, contradict climate change models, and in fact warns that a combination of climate change and volcanic activity could accelerate melting even further.

Anthony Watts, the ex-radio host, and not in any way qualified, is pulling things out of his arse - as usual.

:hilarious:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

As for mistermack - he thinks climate change isn't happening because Summers and Winters don't seem different to him.

Well I can use my own personal anecdote to say that Summers where I live are constantly cloudy and we don't get the scorchers we used to. That Winters have become a mild affair and I haven't seen any snow since the 90s. That flowers are blooming early and that 3 New Years Day's ago I walked down the beach in t-shirt and shorts while kids played on the beach and swam in the sea. That we can still pick magic mushrooms up 'til mid December where they used to be killed off in early November.

If only there was a robust, objective way of measuring if there are any actual changes in the climate over a long period. Some sort of method of collecting data and comparing and contrasting them with other data sets of separate but related data sets. :ask:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Hmmm. Watt seems to think that warming on the temperatures on the surface of the Antartic was acfected by volcanic activity 4km down.

Can anyone comment on this? Seems unlikely.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:41 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:03 pm

mistermack wrote:Maybe that's why the record temperatures that we are told about are so hard to actually feel.
:fp:
In my part of the world, summers feel the same as they always did, and winters just the same too.
No wonder you don't know how science works, if you think that personal anecdote trumps objective evidence.
But of course, the evidence is everywhere. Australia is hot, and that's never happened before.
:fp: The last handful of years haven't happened before (in modern times). Each successive year has been hotter than all previous years.
Last edited by pErvinalia on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Animavore wrote:The article from Wattsupwiththat, a known shill for the fossil industry, is laughable. His evidence that Mann and Steig are wrong is because he says that two diagrams look similar. The paper he quotes does not, anywhere, contradict climate change models, and in fact warns that a combination of climate change and volcanic activity could accelerate melting even further.

Anthony Watts, the ex-radio host, and not in any way qualified, is pulling things out of his arse - as usual.

:hilarious:
The perfect source for people who don't understand how science works.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:01 pm

So climate change is real, but don't expect that YOU will ever notice anything.

Bit like Jesus is real, but YOU will never see him.

In both cases, you just have to take the word of some extremely fanatical people. You know it makes sense.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 am

Yes, because scientists are fanatics. :fp:

(Oh, and if you lived in Australia you would certainly have noticed how much hotter it's been the last few years)

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 pm

mistermack wrote:Maybe that's why the record temperatures that we are told about are so hard to actually feel.
In my part of the world, summers feel the same as they always did, and winters just the same too.
Ocean levels have risen a huge amount, even though you can't see it.

It's lucky that the IPCC is there to keep telling us, because otherwise, it would be easy to forget just how hot we are. :D

But of course, the evidence is everywhere. Australia is hot, and that's never happened before. Parts of California are hot and dry, especially Death Valley. And there are forest fires in damp freezing countries like Portugal.
This is scary stuff, the like of which the world has never seen the like of which.

Stop the planet, I need to get off !
Still confusing weather and climate I see. V poor, can do better.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Still confusing weather and climate I see. V poor, can do better.
Not a bit like the "climate scientists" predicting more extreme weather then.

More hurricanes, more tornadoes, more heatwaves, more floods. Nothing confusing about the message at all.

Still, fuck the climate, so long as the weather is all right. :funny:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that the weather outside you're window is the climate if that helps
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Wow! That's as shit as saying, "I ain't ever seen no cat turn into no dog."

Don't embarrass yourself with shit arguments.

Meanwhile; more hurricanes.
disasters.png
More everything else.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... e-hotspots

This shit is getting so easy to debunk now denialists just look like drooling, failed gunshot suicide victims.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:35 pm

mistermack wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Still confusing weather and climate I see. V poor, can do better.
Not a bit like the "climate scientists" predicting more extreme weather then.

More hurricanes, more tornadoes, more heatwaves, more floods. Nothing confusing about the message at all.

Still, fuck the climate, so long as the weather is all right. :funny:
That made no sense, even by your low standards..

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 pm