Global Climate Change Science News

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:55 pm

The weather is not the climate
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:15 pm

...and Tero lands a flurry of damaging punches on the crazy man...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:17 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:55 pm
Presumably that's in reference to snow falling in Tasmania during summer, and blizzards in the US & Canada well before mid-winter.

That's right, the weather is not the climate, and a 100 pound weakling is not a champion sumo wrestler. In other words there's a certain range that weather MUST abide by, otherwise we KNOW there's something wrong in the scheme of things.

For example, if the mean temperature in late November, for a certain locale in Tasmania is 20o Celcius, one can expect that the 'weather' may be such that the temperature might be 15 to 25 degrees. But there's definitely something wrong if the temperature drops to minus 5! Or, the wildlife at that locale includes crows. But one would be astonished to see a condor. That takes some explaining. :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 am

Tero wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:32 am
It's global warming though. It's not a myth.
1 "Climate's changed before" Climate reacts to whatever forces it to change at the time; humans are now the dominant forcing.
spite the Southern Ocean warming at the same time.
100 "Sea level rise is decelerating"
Global sea level data shows that sea level rise has been increasing since 1880 while future sea level rise predictions are based on physics, not statistics.
Congratulations for pulling your finger out. But in contrast to the factual data & arguments in the videos that I post, your 100 items are simply statements of opinion, and often not even that (some of the sentences just don't make sense). Take your first item' did you proof read it before posting? Many items between 1 and 100 are similarly obscure in meaning, or don't give any references or are bland. Such as item 100; yes "sea level rise is decelerating". And?, so what. Please refer to factual data & links in all my videos for degrees of rise & fall. For example, some Pacific islands have actually grown in land area. Sea level at specific places depends largely on the rise & fall of the land mass at that location. For example, where I live, the land has been rising for some tousands of years, thus the sea level has gone down in relation to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-Yrrg5iJs
:td:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:11 am

JimC wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:15 pm
...and Tero lands a flurry of damaging punches on the crazy man...
But this 'crazy' "floats like a butterfly & stings like a bee".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C4kQZBLW50
:zombie:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:17 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Presumably that's in reference to snow falling in Tasmania during summer, and blizzards in the US & Canada well before mid-winter.

That's right, the weather is not the climate, and a 100 pound weakling is not a champion sumo wrestler. In other words there's a certain range that weather MUST abide by, otherwise we KNOW there's something wrong in the scheme of things.

For example, if the mean temperature in late November, for a certain locale in Tasmania is 20o Celcius, one can expect that the 'weather' may be such that the temperature might be 15 to 25 degrees. But there's definitely something wrong if the temperature drops to minus 5! Or, the wildlife at that locale includes crows. But one would be astonished to see a condor. That takes some explaining. :coffee:
Your logic is flawed and your argument is disingenuous. You raised this remember, and initially placed significance on snow in Tasmania saying it demonstrated that global temperature data was false, flawed or faked etc, but now you say that snow in Tasmania is insignificant because it does not/cannot be indicative of global temperatures and, moreover, that others are reading too much into a single weather event. You've just had it both ways.

Why do you continue to argue on behalf of the global corporatist hegemony? What's in it for you? Is this just about sticking it to Libruls or do you accrue some more tangible benefit for pumping fallacies and falsehoods in favour of the status quo and international inaction?

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:18 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:17 am
Brian Peacock wrote:

Your logic is flawed and your argument is disingenuous. You raised this remember, and initially placed significance on snow in Tasmania saying it demonstrated that global temperature data was false, flawed or faked etc, but now you say that snow in Tasmania is insignificant because it does not/cannot be indicative of global temperatures and, moreover, that others are reading too much into a single weather event. You've just had it both ways.
Why do you continue to argue on behalf of the global corporatist hegemony? What's in it for you? Is this just about sticking it to Libruls or do you accrue some more tangible benefit for pumping fallacies and falsehoods in favour of the status quo and international inaction? :tea:
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, or was I speaking Mandarin?
When you said that, "The weather is not the climate", it implies that a single event is not characteristic of a complete pattern. And I agreed with you! But went on to add finesse to that well known elementary observation, thus:

There are limits to what the 'weather' is allowed to do by the 'climate'. That is; the weather MUST operate within reasonable boundaries. On Earth we have various environments, some tropical, some arctic, and others in between. So, if it snows in Tasmania in the summer, that is evidence that the weather is operating in a temperate parameter. In other words, Tasmania is now/still COOLER THAN IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Its weather is within the boundaries of NON-global-warming!

Now, there are blizzards in North America well before mid-winter, and snow in Tasmania in summer. So that is contrary to the assertion (that you have adopted), that the planet is heating up. Either it is warming, which means the above frigidity should NOT occur under any circumstances (it's like expecting snow in the Amazon basin). Or the world is NOT heating up, and may even be cooling, which means that those 'weather' snow storms are within 'climatic' boundaries. They may be unusual, but are still possible. They would NOT even be possible, as outliers, if global warming was occuring.

Unfortunately you've tied your cart to the fraudulent bogus scientism of vested interests with ulterior motives. They do NOT care about you, or Rationalia. This forum for them is simply a tiny vehicle for social engineering... one among thousands.

Now, Galaxian doesn't give a shit about the world or these forums either. But I am frank & honest about it & am not paid for it :{D

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Wait on, I thought you said the Earth was heating up due to sunspots. Now it's not heating up? :think:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:55 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:49 pm
Wait on, I thought you said the Earth was heating up due to sunspots. Now it's not heating up? :think:
This :this: is why there is NO hope for this world. None whatsoever! Kindly revisit my previous posts without distorting them...

Here's a true intellectual without an axe to grind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4-CMSu4yoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHgnxefYwCo
:coffee:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Now, there are blizzards in North America well before mid-winter, and snow in Tasmania in summer. So that is contrary to the assertion (that you have adopted), that the planet is heating up. Either it is warming, which means the above frigidity should NOT occur under any circumstances (it's like expecting snow in the Amazon basin). Or the world is NOT heating up, and may even be cooling, which means that those 'weather' snow storms are within 'climatic' boundaries. They may be unusual, but are still possible. They would NOT even be possible, as outliers, if global warming was occuring.

Drivel. Global Warming doesn't require that the planet becomes warmer uniformly, but predicts that there are more extreme events of hot, cold, wet and dry.
:smug:
It could even result in changes in the ocean currents, which have a major effect on climate and the derivative weather we experience.
:smug:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:43 am

Well the EU is going to do its bit with the Green Deal. Whether it is worth it when the rest of the world carries on regardless is another thing.

European Green Deal will change economy to solve climate crisis, says EU
Everything from travel to air quality has been looked at in order to create ‘a growth that gives back’

Nearly every major aspect of the European economy is to be re-evaluated in light of the imperatives of the climate and ecological emergency, according to sweeping new plans set out by the European commission on Wednesday.

The comprehensive nature of the European Green Deal – which encompasses the air we breathe to how food is grown, from how we travel to the buildings we inhabit – was set out in a flurry of documents as Ursula von der Leyen, the new commission president, made her appeal to member states and parliamentarians in Brussels to back the proposals, which would represent the biggest overhaul of policy since the foundation of the modern EU.

Von der Leyen said the package was aimed at economic growth and increasing prosperity. “[This] is our new growth strategy, for a growth that gives back more than it takes away,” she said. “It shows how to transform our way of living and working, of producing and consuming, so that we live healthier [lives] and make our businesses innovate. We will help our economy to be a global leader by moving first and moving fast.”
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:45 am

Stalling.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:55 am

Yes the rest of the world is stalling.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:55 am
Yes the rest of the world is stalling.
This is what happens when you have 'democracy'. Every fuck-wit sociopath/psychopath/narcissist/megalomaniac wannabe without an ounce of common sense or rational thinking, climbs up the greasy pole, gives favors, gets favors, massages the right bosses, and gets to a position of incompetence to admirably fit her uselessness.

Then they flaunt their vacuous grandiosity as if it is profundity. OK, go down that path. When your kids die off and are no more you'll justify it with some other horse manure explanation. You see, it is EASY to fool the sheeple ALL the time. Even BS from a 16 year old kid will do it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icz_wpgJBt8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WppbuIoyXdg
:snooze:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:32 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Then they flaunt their vacuous grandiosity as if it is profundity.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10522729/ ... mosquitos/
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4