Global Climate Change Science News

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:26 am

It really is strange that we don't take seriously a person who claims to be a spacefarer in contact with aliens.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Re: Non-peer-reviewed manuscript falsely claims natural cloud changes can explain global warming

Post by Galaxian » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:05 pm
Science deniers cannot accept that the peer review process of science-at-large acts to dampens down possible research biases because bias is the currency of science denial, particularly when it comes to environmental science.
That's true. Bias is indeed the currency of science denial. Including the bias shown by 'scientists' in their 'research' and interpretations thereof in order to grease the axles of a convenient agenda and self-serving careers.
We see it here to the extent that a denier, knowing that they must present some factual basis for their objective claims, is attempting to discredit science-at-large with science which is simultaneously held to a lower standard than science-at-large while being elevated to be more scientifically significant or important than any other science.
By a denier I presume you mean Galaxian. If so, say so. Don't dilly dally, don't shilly shally, simply spit it out. But then you would be wrong, because Galaxian is about as 'scientific' and science asserting as one could hope to find. What I deny is "scientism", that we have defined before. You seem to think that a gaggle of 'scientists' is a Divine Institution, and that 'peer review' is as pure & incorruptible as the Concourse of Angels in Heaven.
That is simplistic arrant nonsense, suitable only for infants. EVERY institution is subject to corruption and manipulation. EVERY institution is populated mainly by self-serving entities who have climbed into them by hook or by crook, and who brook no opposition that might endanger their livelihood & perks.
I would suggest that even if the fundamental conclusions of current climate science changed in response to new data over the next 10 years to show that humans have absolutely no impact on the global environment the problems of global warming would still exist and the debate would continue about the best way to deal with that. The fact remains that the climate is warming and that this will have unavoidable consequences for humans regardless of or aside from the reasons for that warming. Discrediting the science does not change this fact but what environmental science does offer is a sound basis for future action.
Thank you for that admission -that the causes of global warming may be wrongly ascribed. You have just demolished the previous proposal that the IPCC can do no wrong, and that wise & learned boffins are 'evidently' right. Did you notice that admission? You stated it clearly. So why keep on attacking Galaxian who is the most innocent & rational Being on this forum?
The science deniers scepticism has simply been co-opted by those powerful political and economic entities who see that changing the way we respond to global warming--which is bassically changing the way we organise our society and live our lives--is bad for business. The science denier is the stooge of corporate Capitalism, and whether they know it or not they are foot soldiers on the side of intransigent greed in its ongoing war against humanity.
Your last paragraph is pure piffle. Corporate Capitalism doesn't give a hoot what the IPCC or other bought & paid for climatologists think. Corporate Capitalism can make money no matter what the regulations. War or peace, warming or cooling, urban or rural population enforcement, ANYTHING. Right now they're making a pretty penny in climate engineering such as dusting the atmosphere with vapor trails, such as enforcing 50 vaccines for youngsters, such as adding toxins to the water supply... ANYTHING.
So you think that Galaxian is a corporate stooge? Pull the other one, it's got bells on it!

Anyway, far from the banal, idiotic, half-baked prognostications of an intellectually challenged fool like MIT geophysics professor Daniel Rothman, mentioned in Animavore's post, here's a presentation from a true genius, Lord Christopher Monckton, with refreshing intellectual rigor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kt79plFwdE
:coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 am

You are one sick motherfucker. Chemtrails, vaccines, toxins as well as denial of climate change.

You’ve got the full nut job set.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:46 am

Rum wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 am
Chemtrails, vaccines, toxins as well as denial of climate change.

Nobody has the full set. I met a bloke who had all the above delusions, plus a fervently held belief in the existence of mermaids. He didn't have the full set either, though. A fellow going by the alias of Gerome da Gnome has been making the rounds of the forums for many years. He is a flat-earther, currently posting at Mindromp.

It's that sort of thing that makes a forum so much more interesting than rationalia.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:10 am

I wonder if Galaxian drinks his own urine.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 am

It's a thing. Usually done by anti-vaxxers.

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:32 am

Hermit wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:46 am
Rum wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 am
You are one sick motherfucker. Chemtrails, vaccines, toxins as well as denial of climate change.
Nobody has the full set. I met a bloke who had all the above delusions, plus a fervently held belief in the existence of mermaids. He didn't have the full set either, though. A fellow going by the alias of Gerome da Gnome has been making the rounds of the forums for many years. He is a flat-earther, currently posting at Mindromp.

It's that sort of thing that makes a forum so much more interesting than rationalia.
But maybe he's right: "Any sufficiently advanced mind is indistinguishable from being a sick motherfucker." With apologies to Arthur C. Clarke.
Here's another sick motherfucker sufficiently advanced mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=silfiTY32xo
:zombie:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:32 am
But maybe he's right: "Any sufficiently advanced mind is indistinguishable from being a sick motherfucker." With apologies to Arthur C. Clarke.
Yes, if there were no such thing as science he might indeed be right. With apologies to Sean Lock
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Non-peer-reviewed manuscript falsely claims natural cloud changes can explain global warming

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:05 pm
Science deniers cannot accept that the peer review process of science-at-large acts to dampens down possible research biases because bias is the currency of science denial, particularly when it comes to environmental science.
That's true. Bias is indeed the currency of science denial. Including the bias shown by 'scientists' in their 'research' and interpretations thereof in order to grease the axles of a convenient agenda and self-serving careers.
We see it here to the extent that a denier, knowing that they must present some factual basis for their objective claims, is attempting to discredit science-at-large with science which is simultaneously held to a lower standard than science-at-large while being elevated to be more scientifically significant or important than any other science.
By a denier I presume you mean Galaxian. If so, say so. Don't dilly dally, don't shilly shally, simply spit it out. But then you would be wrong, because Galaxian is about as 'scientific' and science asserting as one could hope to find. What I deny is "scientism", that we have defined before. You seem to think that a gaggle of 'scientists' is a Divine Institution, and that 'peer review' is as pure & incorruptible as the Concourse of Angels in Heaven.
That is simplistic arrant nonsense, suitable only for infants. EVERY institution is subject to corruption and manipulation. EVERY institution is populated mainly by self-serving entities who have climbed into them by hook or by crook, and who brook no opposition that might endanger their livelihood & perks.
I would suggest that even if the fundamental conclusions of current climate science changed in response to new data over the next 10 years to show that humans have absolutely no impact on the global environment the problems of global warming would still exist and the debate would continue about the best way to deal with that. The fact remains that the climate is warming and that this will have unavoidable consequences for humans regardless of or aside from the reasons for that warming. Discrediting the science does not change this fact but what environmental science does offer is a sound basis for future action.
Thank you for that admission -that the causes of global warming may be wrongly ascribed. You have just demolished the previous proposal that the IPCC can do no wrong, and that wise & learned boffins are 'evidently' right. Did you notice that admission? You stated it clearly. So why keep on attacking Galaxian who is the most innocent & rational Being on this forum?
The science deniers scepticism has simply been co-opted by those powerful political and economic entities who see that changing the way we respond to global warming--which is bassically changing the way we organise our society and live our lives--is bad for business. The science denier is the stooge of corporate Capitalism, and whether they know it or not they are foot soldiers on the side of intransigent greed in its ongoing war against humanity.
Your last paragraph is pure piffle. Corporate Capitalism doesn't give a hoot what the IPCC or other bought & paid for climatologists think. Corporate Capitalism can make money no matter what the regulations. War or peace, warming or cooling, urban or rural population enforcement, ANYTHING. Right now they're making a pretty penny in climate engineering such as dusting the atmosphere with vapor trails, such as enforcing 50 vaccines for youngsters, such as adding toxins to the water supply... ANYTHING.
So you think that Galaxian is a corporate stooge? Pull the other one, it's got bells on it!

Anyway, far from the banal, idiotic, half-baked prognostications of an intellectually challenged fool like MIT geophysics professor Daniel Rothman, mentioned in Animavore's post, here's a presentation from a true genius, Lord Christopher Monckton, with refreshing intellectual rigor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kt79plFwdE
:coffee:
You do your self-curated custom reality if you like, but I'm sticking with the observable universe. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Galaxian

Bogus anthropogenic warming increasingly seen as a hoax

Post by Galaxian » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Hermit wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:05 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:32 am
Yes, if there were no such thing as science he might indeed be right. With apologies to Sean Lock
Indeed. One has to get blind drunk with Rum to get past caring what is right & what is wrong.

Meanwhile, here's Jordan Peterson on the topic, being interviewed by the mother of Greta Tintin Thunberg, judging from her precocious arrogance in trying to put Jordan Peterson right, like her teenage angst suffused daughter. Or maybe they're not related? :dunno:
Later, the video is of a debate at the Oxford Union. Jordan again struts his stuff to the merriment of the audience, and adroitly demolishes a pompous upstart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaxVk7AViOk
:td:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Yeah, we all know what Peterson says about climate change -- anything he's paid to!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Getting back to peer review, I suspect that people ignorant of science (like Galaxian) do not understand the process. When done properly (which is most of the time), it is rigorous, not least because of the competitive nature of science. There is nothing a reviewer likes more than finding an error in a fellow scientist's work; often, they are competitors for funding and acclaim by their peers. It can be quite a savage business. And if he thinks that scientists don't enjoy finding something which overturns the current theories (done correctly, of course) then he has no idea of the aspect of science which is ego-driven and competitive...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:28 pm

And there is some plagiarism in science. Someone steals someone else's thunder. It does not make it fake, it just get to be "who had this first?" Reviewers are not always aware of the competition. They send articles to different journals.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:28 pm

So Galaxian. Moon landing. Real or fake? :ask:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:24 am

Seabass wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:28 pm
So Galaxian. Moon landing. Real or fake? :ask:
:whisper: He frequently visits his alien friend's base on the far side of the moon...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!