What makes dog owners crazy?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

What makes dog owners crazy?

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:09 pm

We've talked about why dogs are so friendly. But sometimes they aren't. In fact sometimes they're vicious. But that doesn't stop "dog lovers" from seeing the good in all of them. When a dog does something horrible, they'll often just blame the situation or the owner, even when they're the owner, and it's their situation.

Take Jennifer Romano for example. Her dog had bitten several people already before she decided to dress the "emotional support" animal up in a service vest, and take it into a family restaurant, where perhaps predictably, it proceeded to latch onto a 3 year old's face. Romano blamed the child before fleeing the scene.

It turns out Romano was also involved in another --somewhat famous-- case where she helped rescue a dog from death row to have it sent to California for training. The dog went on to bite another person in its new home.

Are these people just crazy?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: What makes dog owners crazy?

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Not just crazy, but also drunk with love.

One young lady I know was a full on 'blame the deed, not the breed' pitbull apologist. She would ALWAYS side with the dog, and spent over a decade working with dogs and rescue orgs before she was 25.

One day, while working a shift at doggie day care, a pit bull grabbed a smaller dog, and started shaking. YL yelled for help (which was too far away to hear) and proceeded to get the dogs apart with the help of a broom and fearless dog love.

She got bit a little, the smalldog got medical treatment for a couple weeks. The pitty owner got asked to take their business elsewhere, and she is ever so slightly different in outlook now.

I think one of the clear examples of dodging responsibility (dogs - ANY livestock is a big responsibility) are the 'no-kill' shelters. It is a clear statement of purpose, that the shelter WILL NOT do the hard part of animal husbandry.

And the 'no-kill' places are seen as humane, somehow. Every person I know, who has had a dog, has had to put one down. Not every dog, but every dog-person I know has had that responsibility pop up. It's tragically common.

Also, I think dogs are a lot smarter than we see day to day. Most of the dog owners have a resistance to making their dogs work for them. Seeing the difference between local 'sled dogs' and the same genetic lines as 'house pets' suggests to me that dogs might even be happier working.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:01 pm

My remaining dog is a hand-me-down, and I make no excuses for her stupidity. It took at least two years to get her house trained, and despite around eleven years of training her to sit before I feed her the success rate has only risen to maybe 80%. Any other form of obedience appears to be beyond her. Or maybe I'm just no good at training dogs. The thought of taking a dog obedience course with her has occurred to me, but she is happy enough as is, and frankly, I must admit that I don't care sufficiently. I never wanted the mutt in the first place.

Oh yeah, if anything, Chloe has me trained. Tummy scritches on tap any time.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:01 pm
My remaining dog is a hand-me-down, and I make no excuses for her stupidity. It took at least two years to get her house trained, and despite around eleven years of training her to sit before I feed her the success rate has only risen to maybe 80%. Any other form of obedience appears to be beyond her. Or maybe I'm just no good at training dogs. The thought of taking a dog obedience course with her has occurred to me, but she is happy enough as is, and frankly, I must admit that I don't care sufficiently. I never wanted the mutt in the first place.

Oh yeah, if anything, Chloe has me trained. Tummy scritches on tap any time.

She's a cutie.

I think that, other than hunting, the small dogs were bred to be useful in a house. With that in mind, I left my little Hannah (dead now) high places to monitor the property from. She loved to be up high, and to alert me to any news she could see.

I did some work training 'recall' into her, but nothing else. I just wanted someone to hang out and watch TV with. (when I chose her, I wasn't a runner)

Now, I have the remaining 'Molly', who is a breed that was developed to chase badgers and rats into their holes. Oh, and mixed with a shih-tzu, so fearless, in charge, and sleepy.

We are considering a 'run dog' now, maybe a golden retriever. Or at least I am. I know one around here who LOVES running to retrieve things. Wouldn't be hard to satisfy the work needs of a dog like that, with our running habits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:10 pm

She's a cutie, bit of an old lady's dog, but cute. :biggrin:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:13 pm

This is my Molly's nose. She looks convincingly sad.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm

That's a much nicer picture than what you posted in the other thread. :lol:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:22 pm

She's ugly as fuck, because of amatuer clipping. This was the best I could hide it with photography.

It makes her sad.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:10 pm
She's a cutie, bit of an old lady's dog, but cute. :biggrin:
That, I suspect, is in part why I got lumbered with her.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Well, they're not smart enough to be cat owners...

Sorry, I meant cat servants...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:09 am

Surely cat owners are crazier? You don't hear about "crazy dog lady", do you?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:03 am

Cat's make their owners crazy, in part by introducing a bio-organism that seems coincidental, but then makes cat owners love them all the more. And get more cats to love.

Dog owners are just that way.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: