Evilutionists Keep Changing Their Story, Therefore God

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Evilutionists Keep Changing Their Story, Therefore God

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:56 pm

Standard propaganda technique of Creationists and other science denialists. Science being by its nature more or less provisional no matter how well supported its conclusions, they'll always be able to bleat out this talking point. In this instance, a recent discovery may rewrite our understanding of the evolution of photosynthesis.

'Strange bacteria hint at ancient origin of photosynthesis'
Structures inside rare bacteria are similar to those that power photosynthesis in plants today, suggesting the process is older than assumed.

The finding could mean the evolution of photosynthesis needs a rethink, turning traditional ideas on their head.

Photosynthesis is the ability to use the Sun's energy to produce sugars via chemical reactions. Plants, algae, and some bacteria today perform 'oxygenic' photosynthesis, which splits water into oxygen and hydrogen to power the process, releasing oxygen as a waste product.

Some bacteria instead perform 'anoxygenic' photosynthesis, a version that uses molecules other than water to power the process and does not release oxygen.

Scientists have always assumed that anoxygenic photosynthesis is more 'primitive', and that oxygenic photosynthesis evolved from it. Under this view, anoxygenic photosynthesis emerged about 3.5 billion years ago and oxygenic photosynthesis evolved a billion years later.

However, by analysing structures inside an ancient type of bacteria, Imperial College London researchers have suggested that a key step in oxygenic photosynthesis may have already been possible a billion years before commonly thought.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Evilutionists Keep Changing Their Story, Therefore God

Post by Cunt » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:00 pm

Well, you've convinced me. Goddidit.

Now, the only remaining question is, which god..?

I think I like Crom, but will hear other opinions.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm for Goon, the god that did everything as wrong as it could possibly be done,

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:53 am

I'm more of a gibbering loathsome Elder God type myself.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.