Ipad eyes?

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Ipad eyes?

Post by Rum » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Does anyone else here use an Ipad or tablet regularly? Now that the long dark evenings are here in this part of the world I use mine more than at other times of the year. I find that after about half an hour looking at the screen my vision is quite badly affected. I get a quite blurred vision in fact and have to squint at an ordinary computer screen afterwards. I think there is an option to turn the blue wavelength light down a bit but I haven't tried that. The blurring does wear off but it can't be good long term.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Ipad eyes?

Post by laklak » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:26 am

Yep. You need medium distance glasses. Reading glasses are set for a shorter distance than most monitors or tablets, and distance lenses are too far. I used to wear them when I worked, but haven't for a while, and it can take an hour for my vision to resolve after a long session on the laptop.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:20 am

I read a tablet and had problems until I changed the reader settings to use a sepia background.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:26 am

laklak wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:26 am
Yep. You need medium distance glasses. Reading glasses are set for a shorter distance than most monitors or tablets, and distance lenses are too far. I used to wear them when I worked, but haven't for a while, and it can take an hour for my vision to resolve after a long session on the laptop.
Dunno, I use my reading glasses to watch my computer screen... actually, I even use my distance glasses more often, because I'm too lazy to change glasses. and my "reading" glasses go mostly unused because when I read a boook, I rely on my short sighted ey and take the glasses off altogether... the "reading" glasses are little good, because at their distance, the printing is often too small for me to see well
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:24 am

Damages the ability to perceive graduations in color/brightness forever read somewhere. Easy to notice at twilight.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?