- Absent Minded Processor
- Posts: 36554
- Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm
- Location: South of the border..though not down Mexico way..
I wonder how fast it would be possible to get a probe to go slingshotting around the best combination of planets over perhaps several years so that it left the solar system at the fastest possible speed (perhaps with some booster assist from time to time) in the direction of Alpha Centauri. Yes I know it would still take shitloads of years to get there. They reckon Voyager would take 70,000 years at the speed it is moving (and I think the fastest thing out there from us). Assuming you could get a probe to leave at 10 times the speed - well even my shit maffs can work that one out. The universe is fucking ginormous!
Mondeo man of the north and proud of it!
- The sentimental bloke
- Posts: 61000
- Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
- About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
I want a warp drive and I want it now!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!
And my gin!
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests