"Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: "Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:46 am

As Trump said, "They had a legal permit." Of course, by that he meant to imply that protesting the permitted rally was therefore somehow legally suspect - but there you go.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:44 pm

pErvin wrote:I've always found Nazis to be amenable to a good counter-argument.

:roll: :fp:
That's the problem with you leftist extremists, all you can think about is how best to exterminate what you dislike. Of course there are those who are not amenable to argument, but there are many more about the fringes who are - especially young people - who need to see that not only are these Nazis wrong, the correct way to put them in place and preserve our cherished freedoms is by destroying their ideas with rational voices. Fanning the flames of moral outrage to the point of engaging them with violence is not only wrong, it only incites to further violence on both sides.

The only way to move forward while preserving our society is with generational change. As we correct the minds of the ancillary members who are amenable to argument and the children of these bigots, generation by generation they become fewer in number and their ideology dies. This has been happening for almost a century now and there's been much success in whittling down their numbers.
Last edited by Jason on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:As Trump said, "They had a legal permit." Of course, by that he meant to imply that protesting the permitted rally was therefore somehow legally suspect - but there you go.
As I'm sure you well know, the allegation is that the Nazis were engaging peacefully in their right to free assembly, as guaranteed by the 1st amendment to the US constitution and by the UN Charter of Human Rights Article 20, when they were engaged with passive violence by the counter protesters who physically opposed their progress. Words flew and active violence followed.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Even the ACLU supported their right to march.

I hope they all kill the fuck out of each other so I don't have to listen to any more of their whining bullshit.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Śiva wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:As Trump said, "They had a legal permit." Of course, by that he meant to imply that protesting the permitted rally was therefore somehow legally suspect - but there you go.
As I'm sure you well know, the allegation is that the Nazis were engaging peacefully in their right to free assembly, as guaranteed by the 1st amendment to the US constitution and by the UN Charter of Human Rights Article 20, when they were engaged with passive violence by the counter protesters who physically opposed their progress. Words flew and active violence followed.
Sure, free assembly is an important right, even when people want to assemble shouldering semiautomatic rifles and chanting "Jews will not replace us!"
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Śiva wrote:
pErvin wrote:I've always found Nazis to be amenable to a good counter-argument.

:roll: :fp:
That's the problem with you leftist extremists, all you can think about is how best to exterminate what you dislike. Of course there are those who are not amenable to argument, but there are many more about the fringes who are - especially young people - who need to see that not only are these Nazis wrong, the correct way to put them in place and preserve our cherished freedoms is by destroying their ideas with rational voices. Fanning the flames of moral outrage to the point of engaging them with violence is not only wrong, it only incites to further violence on both sides.
Newsflash, 99% of the population isn't rational. Even moreso if a person is even slightly considering Nazism as an acceptable ideology to follow. Man you liberals live in a bubble.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Sure, free assembly is an important right, even when people want to assemble shouldering semiautomatic rifles and chanting "Jews will not replace us!"
Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Maybe you can make the case for when and how universal human rights ought to be suspended. I'm all ears.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thank God we've got the 1st amendment and the UNCHR to protect the speech of Nazis. The world would be a lesser place if we didn't get to listen to nazis advocate for mass murder.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Well it sounds to me like you folks want to abolish universal human rights. Do you have any cogent arguments for that?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Dude, seriously. I just don't get you liberals. Can't you see the point we are making? We aren't saying that Nazis shouldn't have the right to free speech and free assembly, etc. We are pointing out the absurdity of someone choosing NAZIS to hang their free speech hat on. It also has a taint of apologism when you do that. Hence why you've got Hermit accusing you of being a RWNJ. I'm sure you're not, but dude, you are defending Nazis. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm not defending Nazis, I'm defending human rights. Apparently you can't see that.

I'm prepared to be called a RWJN, or anything else for that matter, by those who seek to destroy those rights.
Last edited by Jason on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm

:sigh: You are defending human rights, using NAZIS as your case. :fp:

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Human rights apply to everyone. You can't just revoke them for a group you find deplorable.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Again, no one is talking about revoking them. Can you understand this??

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:45 pm

pErvin wrote:Again, no one is talking about revoking them. Can you understand this??
Oh good. My mistake then. I suppose you aren't opposing their right to assembly or free speech after all. You're not railing against the 1st amendment or article 20 of the universal declaration of human rights. You're just saying that it doesn't apply to Nazis and calling anyone who says different a Nazi defender.

My bad.