"Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: "Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Or, it could be that there is a thuggish wing to the extreme left, as well as a large mass of SJW snowflakes, all adhering to the same basic ideology.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:23 pm

A weekend fraternity retreat at the University of Mississippi was cancelled because of a racist banana peel.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ississippi
According to an article in the Daily Mississippian, three black students told National Pan-Hellenic Council leaders that they had seen a banana peel on a tree and that they were very upset about it. The leaders then shared their concerns with the rest of the camp, and one of the attendees, Ryan Swanson, admitted that he had placed the peel on the tree — explaining that he had actually not done so because he hates people of color and wants to intimidate them, but because he just couldn’t find a garbage can to put it in. But it didn’t end there: In fact, it prompted an entire day of “camp-wide conversation” about the racist “symbolism, intended or not” of the banana, a conversation that made some students feel so upset that they didn’t feel “safe” enough to stay, which ultimately led to the rest of the retreat being canceled altogether.
I hope they found a decent Safe Space sufficiently stocked with kittens, hot cocoa, and coloring books. Poor little things...
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Good to have you back Farty.

:cheer: I see the cry in the safe-room has mended your spirit. :cheer:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Why is a banana peel in a tree racist? :think:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Banana - monkeys - black people.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:49 pm

And what's this got to do with the non-existent "alt-left"?

Well done, guys. You've allowed this thread to get to as many pages as the Alt Right thread by talking irrelevant, off-topic nonsense. The false equivalence the Alt Right and their sympathisers on this site want.

:clap:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:04 pm

rainbow wrote:Good to have you back Farty.

:cheer: I see the cry in the safe-room has mended your spirit. :cheer:
I was gone? Since when?

What are you on about? What do you think I've been crying about?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:07 pm

laklak wrote:A weekend fraternity retreat at the University of Mississippi was cancelled because of a racist banana peel.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ississippi
According to an article in the Daily Mississippian, three black students told National Pan-Hellenic Council leaders that they had seen a banana peel on a tree and that they were very upset about it. The leaders then shared their concerns with the rest of the camp, and one of the attendees, Ryan Swanson, admitted that he had placed the peel on the tree — explaining that he had actually not done so because he hates people of color and wants to intimidate them, but because he just couldn’t find a garbage can to put it in. But it didn’t end there: In fact, it prompted an entire day of “camp-wide conversation” about the racist “symbolism, intended or not” of the banana, a conversation that made some students feel so upset that they didn’t feel “safe” enough to stay, which ultimately led to the rest of the retreat being canceled altogether.
I hope they found a decent Safe Space sufficiently stocked with kittens, hot cocoa, and coloring books. Poor little things...
Meanwhile, there's a showing of old movies, including King King and Black Sunday, down at the local theater. And, the supermarket sells watermelon. I also heard a Popeye's Chicken commercial. Some folks are upset, and rightly so.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Animavore wrote:And what's this got to do with the non-existent "alt-left"?

Well done, guys. You've allowed this thread to get to as many pages as the Alt Right thread by talking irrelevant, off-topic nonsense. The false equivalence the Alt Right and their sympathisers on this site want.

:clap:
Shocking that a Ratz thread would be taken over by irrelevant, off-topic nonsense.

Oh, wait, that's o.k., except if done a thread Animavore thinks is about a "nonexistent" thing. We can't talk about nonexistent things. Also, we can't label a segment of the left anything. Either every member of the left must agree on it, or it can't be talked about at all. There are no factions on the left. There's no extreme left at all. The left is just "the good guys." All the left wants is to oppose fascism and make sure everyone lives great lives, an end to all poverty, all sickness and, of course, world peace. How could anyone be against any part of the left?

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:27 am

It's good that the FBI is finally going after those horrible alt-left people.

'Curious Case Of The Man Facing Federal Charges For Threatening The Alt-Right'
On August 12 of last year, white nationalists, skinheads and Ku Klux Klan members in full regalia marched through Charlottesville, Virginia in the blazing summer heat, chanting racist slogans and clashing with the hundreds of anti-racist activists who showed up. Dozens were injured and a young paralegal, Heather Heyer, was killed when a car driven by a far-right activist plowed into a crowd of counter-protesters.

Afterward, with tensions running high, concerns percolated that a “Free Speech Rally” scheduled to take place in Boston the following weekend could devolve into similar violence.

The day after Charlottesville, Eric Radulovic, a 32-year-old Indiana man, visited 4chan’s “Politically Incorrect” discussion board, popular among the white nationalists, anti-Semites, and trolls who compose the “alt-right.” Dozens of messages proliferated about the Boston rally and how it would go. “Be prepared everyone. this can get bad,” one warned.

Posing as a member of the alt-right, Radulovic wrote an anonymous post warning that he planned to shoot other alt-right activists at the rally, in order to generate public sympathy for the movement, which was now associated with Heyer’s death.

“I’m going to bring a Remington 700 and start shooting Alt-right guys,” Radulovic allegedly posted. “We need sympathy after that landwhale got all the liberals teary eyed, so someone is going to have to make it look like the left is becoming more violent and radicalized. It’s a false flag for sure, but I’ll be aiming for the more tanned/dark haired muddied jeans in the crowd so real whites won’t have to worry.”

The Boston event was ultimately peaceful. But last Friday, some 10 months after Radulovic wrote the anonymous post, he was arrested and charged by federal prosecutors with the felony of “transmitting in interstate and foreign commerce a threat to injure the person of another.” Radulovic now faces up to five years in prison.

Speaking to TPM, some experts on far-right extremism questioned the federal government’s decision to pursue the case. They noted that no federal indictments have been brought against the white nationalists who openly promoted, and in some cases carried out, violence in Charlottesville.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:53 pm

“I’m going to bring a Remington 700 and start shooting Alt-right guys. We need sympathy after that landwhale got all the liberals teary eyed, so someone is going to have to make it look like the left is becoming more violent and radicalized. It’s a false flag for sure, but I’ll be aiming for the more tanned/dark haired muddied jeans in the crowd so real whites won’t have to worry.” The indictment alleges further that Radulovic posted this for the purpose of issuing a threat and knowing that it would be interpreted as a threat. https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/indi ... ndees-2017

How could you complain about the hard-working, non-partisan, public servants toiling away, thanklessly, in the dark recesses of the federal agencies, when they are just doing their job to stop hateful, violent rhetoric? LOL.

The case illustrates the danger in criminalizing this kind of thing crap on the internet. Those kind of prosecutorial weapons will never be limited to the people you don't like. Selective justice - as opposed to equal justice under the law - is not tenable. Thinking that the law will only be directed against those that you think are the real bad guys or the true danger is mistaken. It won't. Eventually, a different ox will be gored.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Milo what's-his-face asks the alt-right Trump supporters to gun down journalists.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... ing-ironic
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Yebut SJWs are the biggest threat to democracy ever, and anyway, encouraging wackos to murder isn't against the law, so who cares? :ddpan:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Here's a great idea from Democratic luminaries - abolish the Immigration service. Who needs one anyway? It's not like there's a shitload of people trying to get into the country, right? I mean, who would want to? It sucks here so badly we can't even get a million undocumented migrants a year any more. To be fair, they want to replace it with something that "actually works". Given the exemplary success of their Affordable Care Act, which only raised my insurance premiums 300% in one year (but added mandatory coverage for sexual reassignment in case I ever need it), I look forward to their new, streamlined, equitable, and fair Immigration service. Maybe they can take their guns away and give them puppies. Even MS-13 shotcallers love puppies, and we all know they're only MS-13 members because United Fruit forced their grandfathers to pick bananas. It's our fault, it's only fair that we let them all in and give them a new Cadillac and a 65 inch flat screen. I'll gladly do without my Social Security to redress those grievous atrocities perpetrated on them by some old white dudes I never heard of. I have eaten my share of bananas, after all, so I'm guilty as fuck.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Oh! I posted the last post in the thread about the imaginary Alt Left instead of the real, self-proclaimed Alt-Right. :lay: