Gender Reassignment Surgery

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Gender Reassignment Surgery

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:51 am

They will have to rename the country; Trump Inc.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:45 pm

pErvin wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote::hehe: Even if pErvy got his sums wrong.
My sum isn't wrong. Yours is, however, as pointed out by Hermione. :smug:
Yah, but I got mine wrong with irony :D
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Remedial arithmetic 101 for you, Mr Peacock... :nono:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:54 pm

JimC wrote:Remedial arithmetic 101 for you, Mr Peacock... :nono:
And iron out the irony while you're at it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Have you read anything of this thread other than its title?
Yes. Am I limited in some way by what other people say?

Brian Peacock wrote: In fact, do you believe any of what you've just written?
Don't you? Gender reassignment suggests that a gender is connected with the sexual organs. Aren't you aware that whether you're a man or a woman, or something else, has nothing to do with what bits and pieces you were born with? Or, do you take a position other than that?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:36 pm

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Gender "reassignment" surgery is now offensive and hurtful.

It's now "gender CONFIRMATION surgery" because you're not "reassigning" gender. The person's gender is the person's gender regardless of their bits and pieces. The surgery is only being made to confirm the person's gender, because their body has it wrong. The real gender is what a person feels like, not what their bits are.
Who cares?
oh, what a giveaway....

come see the transphobia inherent in the system! come see the transphobia inherent in the system! :biggrin:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:39 pm

JimC wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Have you read anything of this thread other than its title?

In fact, do you believe any of what you've just written?
I do suspect xe's doing one of his "pretend to be the ultimate PC lefty-liberal" posts, which for 3 X 14 are the summit of ze's wit... :tea:
My preferred pronoun is "me."

But, what I typed is not any sort of pretending. That's the reality of identity politics today. It really isn't "gender reassignment" it is sometimes still said to be "sexual reaassignment" by those who think "sex" is something you're body is born as, but "gender" is something you identify as. But, we can see that academia is fast peddling the notion that biological sex is a myth and is itself a social construct.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:5.25 x 7 sometimes comes across as someone who doesn't really have the confidence to state their actual view on something like this, so they plump for the smoke and mirrors of faux irony and hope for plausible deniability if it gets a bit sticky. On might reasonably presume the 378 / 9 actually thinks the exact opposite of what they've posted there.
No, I have no problem stating my actual view on anything. Ask me a question. I'll answer it, and I'll tell you it's my actual view.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Forty Two wrote:...
Brian Peacock wrote: In fact, do you believe any of what you've just written?
Don't you? Gender reassignment suggests that a gender is connected with the sexual organs. Aren't you aware that whether you're a man or a woman, or something else, has nothing to do with what bits and pieces you were born with? Or, do you take a position other than that?
So you don't believe what you posted and instead chose to ridicule what consider the errant views of others. This says just as much about your views as if you stated them honestly.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:42 pm

pErvin wrote:17640.5 just over does the sarcasm. I don't think he lacks the confidence to state his position. It's pretty clear.
Position on what issue?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Forty Two wrote: But, we can see that academia is fast peddling the notion that biological sex is a myth and is itself a social construct.
Are we? :ask: You've provided a video of one academic saying that and not getting the opportunity to explain or clarify after the initial statement. "Fast peddling"... ok. :roll:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:17640.5 just over does the sarcasm. I don't think he lacks the confidence to state his position. It's pretty clear.
Position on what issue?
Any issue.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Hermit wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:5.25 x 7 sometimes comes...
5.25 x 7? That is only 36.25! Four point Two could have you convicted for hate speech in Canada for that, according to his interpretation of the law!
If you don't know how hurtful it is to be misnumbered, well...it's not my job to educate you. :leave:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:48 pm

pErvin wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote::hehe: Even if pErvy got his sums wrong.
My sum isn't wrong. Yours is, however, as pointed out by Hermione. :smug:
Mathematics is a social construct.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 pm

LOL - yes, yes, it's only Americans that are internet trolls. The reaction in the UK, Germany, Poland, Russia and elsewhere would never include the reaction of a minority of internet trolls making shitty comments. That only happens in the US.