Gender Reassignment Surgery

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Gender Reassignment Surgery

Post by cronus » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 pm

One of a series of educational medical youtubes I shall be posting in the next few weeks. :coffee:

What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: Gender Reassignment Surgery

Post by NineBerry » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Don't try that at home

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:58 pm

I like men. I like women. I like men who act like women. I like women who act like men. But actual reassignment.... all I can think of is scalpels, blue rubber gloves, and the smell of antiseptic in the air. Maybe it's a personal failing, but I can't reconcile myself with it.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:27 am

Śiva wrote:I like men. I like women. I like men who act like women. I like women who act like men. But actual reassignment.... all I can think of is scalpels, blue rubber gloves, and the smell of antiseptic in the air. Maybe it's a personal failing, but I can't reconcile myself with it.
Takes me back to my Airfix modelling and hoping the final construction will hold together. :tup:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:54 am

I'm cut to the quick...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Will we see some kind of sex neutralization surgery for the really confused?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Those talking about gender reassignment surgery are behind the times. The current politically correct idea is that there is no biological differences between males and females, and gender is self-identified and can be drawn from an indefinite number of possible genders, from male/female, to all things in between, and the "+" categories of otherkin and such.

Gone are the days of "if you think people aren't "born this way" then you're a bigot!" --and now it's bigoted to not accept that people can identify as whatever "gender" they want, out of dozens, if not hundreds, and more, and to be non-hate-speechy, you have to refer to them as that self-identified "gender" -- oh, and gender is "fluid" so that means that people identify as whatever they want, whenever they want.

Gender "reassignment" - bah! That's hate speech, because gender is not "assigned." Gender is what we identify as. And, to say that it is "reassigned" by surgery implies that our bodies impact our gender, and nothing is further from the truth. Having tits, wide hip-bones, and vagina/uterus, or a cock, balls, narrow hip bones, and Adam's apple, that doesn't mean anything when it comes to gender. You can cosmetically reassign the mythical biological sex, but you can't surgically alter gender, because a person in a "male" body can be female (or any number of other genders - and multiple genders at once - and fluidly changing throughout a given day).

This sort of hate speech video in the OP should not be allowed, because it's offensive to non-binary gender-fluid people (which is everybody, even the 99.9% of the population who don't really know what that means).
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Forty Two wrote:Those talking about gender reassignment surgery are behind the times. The current politically correct idea is that there is no biological differences between males and females,
No it's not. God you go on with some rubbish. :roll:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 pm

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Those talking about gender reassignment surgery are behind the times. The current politically correct idea is that there is no biological differences between males and females,
No it's not. God you go on with some rubbish. :roll:
Oh, ye of little understanding of prevailing thought from the politically correct progressive left... http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... onception/

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Context-less video fragment. That proves nothing. It's entirely possible the guy was talking about psychological gender and was mistakenly using the term "biological".
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

I've seen the whole interview, which is available on Youtube. No - he said "biological sex." He was not talking about "psychological gender." The discussion was with Dr. Jordan Peterson, who is leading the fight in Canada against the legal push to REQUIRE under penalty of criminal and civil penalties to use "gender pronouns" (of whatever variety) a person demands. The effort to legally require people to speak certain words. During the discussion, they were very clear that this was "biological sex" he was referring to.

He's a university professor at a prestigious school - University of Toronto - and is a "historian of medicine." He's not an idiot, who doesn't know what words he's using.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Finnish doesn't have gender based pronouns, just one for humans and one for the rest. I personally would support using the pronoun "it" in english. It seems to become more appropriate every day. :zombie:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Forty Two wrote:I've seen the whole interview, which is available on Youtube. No - he said "biological sex." He was not talking about "psychological gender." The discussion was with Dr. Jordan Peterson, who is leading the fight in Canada against the legal push to REQUIRE under penalty of criminal and civil penalties to use "gender pronouns" (of whatever variety) a person demands. The effort to legally require people to speak certain words. During the discussion, they were very clear that this was "biological sex" he was referring to.

He's a university professor at a prestigious school - University of Toronto - and is a "historian of medicine." He's not an idiot, who doesn't know what words he's using.
Well he clearly is an idiot then, as biologically there is a big difference in sex organs and chromosomes between males and females. It's hard to believe that he actually holds that position. And given your history on misrepresenting issues via biased articles, I'm calling bullshit on it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Finnish doesn't have gender based pronouns, just one for humans and one for the rest. I personally would support using the pronoun "it" in english. It seems to become more appropriate every day. :zombie:
It puts the lotion in the basket...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:Finnish doesn't have gender based pronouns, just one for humans and one for the rest. I personally would support using the pronoun "it" in english. It seems to become more appropriate every day. :zombie:
That's offensive to otherkin who identify as nonhuman genders, among others. Otherkin can't be referred to by the unisex pronoun, and they are othered and discriminated against by not having a pronoun of their own.

It's also very offensive to bigendered people - who are people who fluctuate between male and female -- calling them "han" with the little "o" on top of the "a" deprives them of their basic humanity, which is to fluctuate between male and female. Finnish needs to add pronouns for male and female, so that bigender people can be referred to with fluctuating pronouns. That's the same reason we in the Anglophone world had to add 70+ pronouns. Having just 2 "others" people who aren't in those two pronouns. Reducing the pronoun count down to one just exacerbates that problem.