These scientists are all just bleeding making it up

cowiz
Shirley
About me: Head up a camels arse

These scientists are all just bleeding making it up

Post by cowiz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:47 pm

If you ignore the "even though it remains rare overall" part, which I have and will continue to do so...

http://news.yahoo.com/study-fraud-growi ... 41079.html

Nary a single incidence of fraud in teh bibbel.
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: These scientists are all just bleeding making it up

Post by klr » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Now that they're starting to look for fraud, they'll find a lot more than when they didn't look for it ...
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

cowiz
Shirley
About me: Head up a camels arse

Post by cowiz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 pm

klr wrote:Now that they're starting to look for fraud, they'll find a lot more than when they didn't look for it ...
It's almost as if peer reviewing the data... never mind
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 pm

I would love to see the breakdown of where they are finding it. I would bet a pound to pinch of shit it is all in corporate funded studies
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Blind groper
About me: From New Zealand

Post by Blind groper » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:10 am

The article said most fraud was in important areas of research.
I would bet that there is a lot more fraud in other areas, but it remains undiscovered. However, if a scientist carries out fraud in a vital research field, it is more likely to be double checked.
For every human action, there is a rationalisation and a reason. Only sometimes do they coincide.