Mr Newton's Classroom

harleyborgais

Re: Mr Newton's Classroom

Post by harleyborgais » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:51 am

I call it: "The Genesis of Relativity, a Unifying Fractal Model of Physics" or G.R.U.F. Model. This was the most descriptive name I could think of for The First Event as I describe it. However I have put more effort into "How We Exist" because it is my most recent work. All readable at: freeornottobe.org.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 am

From a useful Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage
The voltage between two ends of a path is the total energy required to move a small electric charge along that path, divided by the magnitude of the charge. Mathematically this is expressed as the line integral of the electric field and the time rate of change of magnetic field along that path. In the general case, both a static (unchanging) electric field and a dynamic (time-varying) electromagnetic field must be included in determining the voltage between two points.

Historically this quantity has also been called "tension"[6] and "pressure". Pressure is now obsolete but tension is still used, for example within the phrase "high tension" (HT) which is commonly used in thermionic valve (vacuum tube) based electronics.
My colouration...

Energy per charge, not pressure. End of story.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:15 pm

If you want me to say tension instead of pressure, that may work, but no promises. I still think it is a useful analogy...

"Tension is the magnitude of the pulling force exerted by a string, cable, chain, or similar object on another object." (Wiki)

This does not help for understanding what happens when you touch a high voltage, but pressure seems closer to me...

"Pressure is the force per unit area applied in a direction perpendicular to the surface of an object" (Wiki)

When you consider the conduction of electricity across the surface (Skin Effect), and how it is diverted by another conductive path, pressure is a closer analogy. It is just when you try doing the equations that you must account for the differences.

Voltage is still the difference between + and - and there is a force driving the electrons to move and I can call pressure if I want. Why is it considered obsolete anyways?

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:10 am

harleyborgais wrote:It has been said that the greatest crimes were committed in the name of religion, and I agree to a point, but in all cases I have seen so far it was the people in control making decisions which actually went against the set of beliefs of the people under control. Christian and Islamic Teachings say to forgive those that are apologetic, and to never instigate any conflicts, but rather to learn from your mistakes and avoid repeating them (true repentance), and do beneficial things but avoid causing harm.
Tell that to the Amalechites, the Midianites, etc.
Dogma is the death of the intellect

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:01 am

hackenslash wrote:
harleyborgais wrote:It has been said that the greatest crimes were committed in the name of religion, and I agree to a point, but in all cases I have seen so far it was the people in control making decisions which actually went against the set of beliefs of the people under control. Christian and Islamic Teachings say to forgive those that are apologetic, and to never instigate any conflicts, but rather to learn from your mistakes and avoid repeating them (true repentance), and do beneficial things but avoid causing harm.
Tell that to the Amalechites, the Midianites, etc.
Hey, hardlybolognaise was defending only the true christians and muslims. Both of them. Mohammad was renowned for his peaceability and the christian god was the epitome of compassion and mercy. It's all there in the historical chronicles and holy books. All the rest of those religions' adherents suffered from a profound misunderstanding of the latter, which makes them not True Scotsmen theists.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:04 am

Anyone here want to argue with the tons of evidence I have posted on: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/pseud ... 2-320.html

to support my theories...

Black Holes are made of Dark Matter which is made of coupled Neutrons (formed during supernovas of 3x to 10x the suns mass with spherical symmetry),
There was a canopy of water over the earth until the great flood about 4,400 years ago which blocked UV light and allowed animals to live much longer,
The First Event from which all of existence formed (The Genesis of Relativity) was a reaction of Equal and opposite forces at 90-degrees (which formed spin, those forces were simply pressure in motion which makes momentum),
and more.

I welcome all challengers.

Tigger
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 piccolos
About me: It's not "about" me, it's exactly me.

Post by Tigger » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:26 am

harleyborgais wrote:Anyone here want to argue with the tons of evidence I have posted on: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/pseud ... 2-320.html

Black Holes are made of Dark Matter which is made of coupled Neutrons (formed during supernovas of 3x to 10x the suns mass with spherical symmetry),
There was a canopy of water over the earth until the great flood about 4,400 years ago which blocked UV light and allowed animals to live much longer,
The First Event from which all of existence formed (The Genesis of Relativity) was a reaction of Equal and opposite forces at 90-degrees (which formed spin, those forces were simply pressure in motion which makes momentum),
and more.

To start with, they aren't theories: Gravitational Theory is a theory, as is The Theory of Evolution, whereas yours are actually hypotheses, or, perhaps more accurately, wibble. Sorry.
Seth wrote:Fuck that, I like opening Pandora's box and shoving my tool inside it

egbert

Post by egbert » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:27 pm

harleyborgais wrote:Anyone here want to argue with the tons of evidence I have posted on: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/pseud ... 2-320.html

and more.

There. Debunked. :organ:
''The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.''
—Rush Limbaugh

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:49 pm

harleyborgais wrote:I welcome all challengers.
Stipulating "opposite forces at 90-degrees" makes that quite unnecessary.

I just love the "canopy of water over the earth" at 2400BC. It sounds so, so, uhm, so Biblical. What you need now to round out the picture, is to add a Talking Snake, perhaps a Burning Bush, and you could throw in a Divine Conception at around 7BC for good measure. Be mindful of Plagiarism issues, though.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

egbert

Post by egbert » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 am

harleyborgais wrote: to support my theories...

Another biblical problem with the water canopy theory is what the Bible said happened to the waters of the flood. According to Genesis, the water receded (which is impossible if it came from a vapor canopy) and was dried by the wind. Neither method would not significantly affect a global flood, further suggesting that the Genesis flood was local in extent.
Scientific rebuttal of vapor canopy

Air can hold, at most, 55 grams of water vapor per cubic meter. In contrast, liquid water is at a density of 1,000,000 grams per cubic meter. The ratio of the two numbers is 1:18,000. Therefore, a flood of 1 mile thickness (which would cover only 1/5 of Mount Everest), would require 18,000 miles of canopy. Besides the problem of gravity (which would bring the whole thing down), such a thick layer of water vapor would completely block any light from the Sun from reaching the earth.

Even a canopy of the equivalent of only 40 feet of liquid water would double the earth's atmospheric pressure, which would kill many animals, including humans. This pressure would also increase the temperature on the earth to a scorching 220°F. Most animals and plants do not survive long at this temperature.

Another problem is getting the water out of the atmosphere and onto the ground without cooking everything on the earth. Each gram of water vapor that condenses to a liquid releases 539 calories of heat. For a vapor canopy to produce a global water layer of only 40 feet deep, 6.22 x 1021 grams of water would release 3.35 x 1024 calories, raising the temperature of the earth to 810°F. Such a scenario would definitely kill all life on earth, but would produce a tremendous air conditioning problem for Noah. And a 40 feet deep flood would certainly not be global.
http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/canopy.html

It gets tiresome, debunking the same crap over and over. Don't you have anything new and unique to present? :bored:
''The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.''
—Rush Limbaugh

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 am

and more.

Been there, done that. Your 'theory' is so full of holes that it could be used as entertainment for hamsters.
Dogma is the death of the intellect

Alan C
Driver of screws
About me: Who is driving? Bear is driving. How can this be?

Post by Alan C » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:19 am

JimC wrote:From a useful Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage
The voltage between two ends of a path is the total energy required to move a small electric charge along that path, divided by the magnitude of the charge. Mathematically this is expressed as the line integral of the electric field and the time rate of change of magnetic field along that path. In the general case, both a static (unchanging) electric field and a dynamic (time-varying) electromagnetic field must be included in determining the voltage between two points.

Historically this quantity has also been called "tension"[6] and "pressure". Pressure is now obsolete but tension is still used, for example within the phrase "high tension" (HT) which is commonly used in thermionic valve (vacuum tube) based electronics.
My colouration...

Energy per charge, not pressure. End of story.
My Electrical Appliance Serviceperson course instructor last week used the term pressure wrt voltage oO
And when he was carrying that cross up the hill, any normal realistic bloke would have mule-kicked the guy on the left, clobbered the one on the right, and been over that green hill and far away before you could say "Pontius Pilate." - Arnold Rimmer