Mr Newton's Classroom

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Mr Newton's Classroom

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Brain Man wrote:
Animavore wrote:This thread is the epicentre of a tsunami of fail :smug:

[/topical]
None of you guys can recognize interesting work when you see it, or are at least unwilling to admit it in public. That much is obvious.
Sure. That's it. You keep telling yourself that.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Animavore wrote:
Brain Man wrote:
Animavore wrote:This thread is the epicentre of a tsunami of fail :smug:

[/topical]
None of you guys can recognize interesting work when you see it, or are at least unwilling to admit it in public. That much is obvious.
Sure. That's it. You keep telling yourself that.
:hehe:

The words "testable predictions" spring to mind...

Always a good antidote to hyperbole, wild speculation and mystical physics...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:54 am

Brain Man said:
"Yes before you ask I will be unsubscribing from this one as well"
Harley Responds: Brain Man, don't leave yet, you seem to be one of the smart ones, and I haven't even gotten started with these people. It's gonna' be funny. Nothing offends me. Their attempts only show how stupid they are (Note: When I say Stupid it means: Intentionally unintelligent).

Brain Man said:
"I never actually revealed any of my own projects on a forum. But i was doing psychological tests to investigate first if i should bother, or if there was a way this format could be productive. The answer is it cant be...Ok this isnt actually a hard science forum"
Harley Responds: This kind of rational criticism is absolutely the best way to work out the flaws in my theory. I am very glad to be receiving all of these challenges. You should definitely post your work (or at least send me a link please: harleyborgais@gmail.com).
But if you could refer me to a forum filled with real scientists, the ones with knowledge, understanding, and open minds, I would really appreciate it.

Brain Man
About me: Formerly Mr jobby till i was relieved of my duties.

Post by Brain Man » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 am

harleyborgais wrote:
if you could refer me to a forum filled with real scientists, the ones with knowledge, understanding, and open minds, I would really appreciate it.
there isnt one... i have carried out a series of test to figure this out. Internet forum need radical restructuring otherwise typical close minded gang mentality enforcer psychology kicks in. Its self organizing due to the way our primate minds are. Even major science forums like richard dawkins collapsed because they would not restructure them away from typical BB anonymous posters and moderator format. There is more to it than just that. Science itself has also changed into a hierarchy run by groupishness, although it tries to denies this has occurred, or if it is impossible to deny then you will be given a series of justifications for why it is a better way to go this new direction.

A shame because the online format could get so much done for the individual scientist...but in reality there has to be very strong and usually complicated set of motivations and rewards in place (most which have nothing to with the central topic) before anybody will get together to do anything in a group.
Harley Responds: This kind of rational criticism is absolutely the best way to work out the flaws in my theory. I am very glad to be receiving all of these challenges.
Its better than nothing i suppose...but u need to read about two pages of replies and deal with a load of playground stupidity to get that one nugget of interesting retort. Basically when you put stuff in a science forum you are trying to find the most efficient means to look for objections without spending a year trying to make some small point in a journal. Unless your material is just completely radical then i think the best method is get books and papers to find state of the art and write directly to the paper authors for more information. It could take 10 pages of useless diatribe on a science forum before anybody even bother to cite anything.

BTW i have journal access so if you need anything give us a shout.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:27 am

Farsight wrote:I've written a little magazine article, and would be interested in hearing what you guys think. Here you you go, enjoy:

Apologies, I've deleted the OP because it's asking for comment on a magazine article, and I learned yesterday that I need to transfer copyright. Hence I feel it's best to remove the text. Again, apologies, but thanks for the feedback.

Edit by XC (on farsight's behalf): Text of OP removed due to copyright concerns.
Who told you that you "transfer copyright" when you post something here? The FUA is quite explicit that this is not the case, as is copyright law. You don't transfer copyright unless you do so voluntarily and expressly. What you do do by posting here is grant a LIMITED LICENSE for the forum to reproduce the materials. That's all. Just be sure to put a copyright notice on the work. You can do it in your sig, like I do in mine. You don't legally have to do even that in order to hold full copyrights of anything you create, under the Berne Convention.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

JOZeldenrust

Post by JOZeldenrust » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 am

Seth wrote:
Farsight wrote:I've written a little magazine article, and would be interested in hearing what you guys think. Here you you go, enjoy:

Apologies, I've deleted the OP because it's asking for comment on a magazine article, and I learned yesterday that I need to transfer copyright. Hence I feel it's best to remove the text. Again, apologies, but thanks for the feedback.

Edit by XC (on farsight's behalf): Text of OP removed due to copyright concerns.
Who told you that you "transfer copyright" when you post something here? The FUA is quite explicit that this is not the case, as is copyright law. You don't transfer copyright unless you do so voluntarily and expressly. What you do do by posting here is grant a LIMITED LICENSE for the forum to reproduce the materials. That's all. Just be sure to put a copyright notice on the work. You can do it in your sig, like I do in mine. You don't legally have to do even that in order to hold full copyrights of anything you create, under the Berne Convention.
I think he means he has to transfer the copyright to the magazine...

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:19 am

JOZeldenrust wrote:
Seth wrote:

I think he means he has to transfer the copyright to the magazine...
He's an idiot if he does. He should LICENSE the work to the magazine. They may want an exclusive license for the period of publication of that issue, but he should resist any further rights. Typically when I license rights in the US, it's "First North American Serial Rights" only, and perhaps a non-exclusive digital license in perpetuity (with restrictions), but I NEVER transfer all copyrights, because that means I can't ever sell the work again. Unless it's a "work for hire" project, in which case he did the right thing because it was never his to begin with.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:07 am

To BrainMan:

Thank you for that offer of Journal Access. I will most likely take you up on that offer when I am adding the references to "How We Exist".
(I just spent a few days organizing my site and updating "How We Exist" a little too)!

To hackenslash:
You post the quote: "Dogma is the death of the intellect" and you are quite right. Also like "Fear is the Mind killer".

That dogma you are talking about IS the mainstream standard interpretation which YOU seem to follow with blind faith.

However, everyone can benefit from seriously considering theories which contradict the common belief. History proves that this is how revolutionary discoveries are made, and how theories are proven. I hereby challenge ANYONE in the world to disprove my work. How else could I ever find the Truth?

Is it too much for me to ask people to really use their brains?

hackenslash wrote:
"I would love to hear the following assessments:
1. Farsight's assessment of Brain Man's 'expanding Earth' nonsense.
2. Brain Man's assessment of Hardly Ableson's physics fail.
3. Harley's assessment of Farsight's physics fail.
In fact, I would like to hear each hold forth on both the others' chosen method to terminally fail to understand science."

I agree.

My assessment of Farsight is that he is on the right track, and that our theories are about 75% the same. We differ however on the nature of particles and charge, as well as some other key details about the basic forces. The most fundamental items like curvature are a common thread between us. From what I can tell however, Farsight does not explain the origin of all of these things, as "How We Exist" at freeornottobe.org does (It's still a pretty rough draft though)'

To JimC: You wrote:
"The words "testable predictions" spring to mind...
Always a good antidote to hyperbole, wild speculation and mystical physics..."

I posted just that here: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/pseud ... 15672.html

Here is the short version: Transmit one directional pulses at a target object, immersed in a high-voltage potential (which is perpendicular to the Magnetic pulses polarity and direction), and if the voltage are strong enough, and the pulse frequency resonates with the target object, you can replicate John Hutchisons effects like: Movement, Levitation, phasing (dis-similar materials merge), Breaking, and potentially any other effect you can imagine (once you can do Calculus for interferometry).

I have just found an assistant to test this, and will soon begin working on it. Finding funding would obviously help.

Now I am going to respond to a challenge regarding the 2nd law of thermodynamics at the above linked forum.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 am

harleyborgais wrote:

Here is the short version: Transmit one directional pulses at a target object, immersed in a high-voltage potential (which is perpendicular to the Magnetic pulses polarity and direction), and if the voltage are strong enough, and the pulse frequency resonates with the target object, you can replicate John Hutchisons effects like: Movement, Levitation, phasing (dis-similar materials merge), Breaking, and potentially any other effect you can imagine (once you can do Calculus for interferometry).
:funny:

Do the objects have to be in pyramids made of crystal?

And do the "pulses" follow the ley lines, or are they a little too quantum for that?

You expect derision from mainstream science. (no doubt it confirms your view of yourself as a dashing maverick...)

Granted, and well deserved too... :tup:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:16 pm

To JimC,

You say: "To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research."

Judging from your responses to these very complicated subjects, YOU SHOULD STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW BEST! Please quit wasting space (on this forum, and in the world), and find something productive to do with your time. Find Purpose to Find Happiness and you wont be a burden on society.

Brain Man

Post by Brain Man » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:29 pm

JimC wrote:
You expect derision from mainstream science. (no doubt it confirms your view of yourself as a dashing maverick...)
Its more a case of having to deal with a load of stagnated, no doers that hang around on internet forums getting their kicks on logging on to mock anything original that doesn't have the backing of several university departments (and who can get that nowadays) to take on the impossible burden of proof in any given area today.

Science has become so backed up with its own data on any particular subject that no single person can overcome the burden of proof, even if they have the kind of evidence, maths or theory development that got us evolution, relativity etc. ITs all politics, big business and for those with less power but are wannabes without balls, forum gang membership now. All of these kind of behaviors deplete the creativity that is vital for breakthrough science.

A friend of mine was an athiest fundy and i got to see behind the scences of athiest forum life. Clearly it became a great purpose of their lives to go about bashing people intellectually weaker than themselves. As it appeared to be the primary purpose of life and so addictive that in the end that was about all they did. Slowly they become the harbingers of a new dark age, and deny that science was always about trying to keep those primate instincts at bay. A new form of gang membership and really an indication that you either dont have a creative idea, have given up on the hope of ever having one or seriously believe that there is no major breakthroughs still to be made by an individual. Its well known that one or two people can think far more creatively than a group.

Clearly Harley borgais has some interesting concepts. Although we do not agree on certain aspects (i.e. what is spirituality) two primary problems are explained by his work for me, and one is of partial interest.

1.Compression/expansion at south and north poles of a dipole to explain convergence/divergence. We need better understanding of magnetism for many industrial applications.
2. Gravity as the net aggregate of all the known nuclear and electromagnetic forces (so we don't need to waste millions of taxpayers cash looking for non existent bosons)
3. Neutron pairs as an explanation of black holes...purely out of general cosmological interest.

And he has plenty more where that came from. But of course its all rubbish isn't it and you have something better ? Come on list your creative achievements. You can do it. :thinks:

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Where is Farsight?
I would like to discuss the nature and origin of matter with him.

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:41 pm

The origin of consciousness is also a topic of current interest for me.

Brain Man

Post by Brain Man » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Harley don't wast your time on rationalia. Its not a science forum anyway, it was created by the reprobates that were ejected from richard dawkins forum for going on about fisting or other lewd acts in a forum that kids could come in and view. They were such troublemakers that they all bitched with other and fragmented in several directions and ended up on this corner of the web posting a load of random junk.

No harm in that, leave em to it. A good thing they are in one place where everybody can keep an eye on them.