Conspiracy Theories

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:48 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:37 am
I think advocating violence is OK. It's when it becomes organisation of violence that it becomes a problem.
I agree that organising a violent action ("you bring the explosives, I'll bring my shotgun, and Brian will have his machete as usual. See you there!") is a further step than advocacy; it can and should bring criminal charges.

But I also think that saying/writing "kill the jews!" (or blacks, or gays, or anglicans) is not OK; it should be grounds for having your social media account deleted...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:51 am

Well that's clear hate speech. And remember that freedom of speech is centred around a political context. Free speech doesn't really apply to private organisations like social media, despite what Cunt erroneously thinks.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:43 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:01 am
Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:44 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 am
Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 am
It's uncharitable of me, but I think there's a self promotion angle to this as well. After all, banned stuff often sells better. :smoke:
I can't see that angle in the case of the political 'Lord Voldemort'. Nor can I see why all those corps would auto-ban it, in concert.

I wish smarter people would look in. Please and thanks, Joe
What's the political Lord Voldemort?
Whistleblower in the Ukraine case (suspected). First disclosed by Adam Schiff (accidentally?) then mentioned in a question on the floor, by a senator. CSPAN removed it, because he mentioned the name itself.

The trouble is, I don't know how to check this stuff, so can't confirm much of it beyond what I saw as it went by. The further trouble is, I don't even want to type out the name here. I'm over-cautious about some subjects, you might say. If you could respect that, I would appreciate it. (silly as I may be about it)

Tim Pool mentions the story a few times, but won't say the name because of youtube's rules. Multiple reports suggest that the name is auto-deleted from facebook, including private messages.

Not as spooky as the navy patents they were on about (on the Timcast one) but spooky. Partly because it was so effective.
The reason why it is forbidden to divulge the real name or identity of a whistleblower is a government law. President George H.W. Bush signed the Whistleblower Protection Act into law on April 10, 1989. That's what I call censorship at work.

Using some combinations of key words you used (e.g "ukraine" "Voldemort" "Schiff") in your attempt to tell us about whatever it is you're trying to tell us about I did some googling and came up with nothing.

There is nothing illegal about reporting what a whistleblower has allegedly uncovered, provided you don't transgress the Whistleblower Protection Act in the process. You'll need to to explain what you think this thing you're talking about actually is. For instance, what has the whistleblower allegedly discovered? What evidence was there? I don't want a reference to a 30 - 90 minute vlog of some Youtuber's speculations. Just the facts will do. Facts with enough detail to make them searchable via search engines.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:56 am

Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:20 am
Cunt wrote:
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 am
It's uncharitable of me, but I think there's a self promotion angle to this as well. After all, banned stuff often sells better. :smoke:
I can't see that angle in the case of the political 'Lord Voldemort'. Nor can I see why all those corps would auto-ban it, in concert.

Whistleblower in the Ukraine case (suspected). First disclosed by Adam Schiff (accidentally?) then mentioned in a question on the floor, by a senator. CSPAN removed it, because he mentioned the name itself.

The trouble is, I don't know how to check this stuff, so can't confirm much of it beyond what I saw as it went by. The further trouble is, I don't even want to type out the name here. I'm over-cautious about some subjects, you might say. If you could respect that, I would appreciate it. (silly as I may be about it)

Tim Pool mentions the story a few times, but won't say the name because of youtube's rules. Multiple reports suggest that the name is auto-deleted from facebook, including private messages.

Not as spooky as the navy patents they were on about (on the Timcast one) but spooky. Partly because it was so effective.
Meh, let's talk about my point instead.

Heyer and Weinstein are a good example of using the cache of being outsiders to boost their brand. Weinstein put together the Intellectual Dark Web website and Heyer bills herself as a Professor in Exile, even though they are clearly doing okay. They live well, and before COVID, could travel freely to other countries to do research.

I don't fault them. They're living the good life and doing what they love and so what if they market themselves as a little outlaw.
I think the smears against them are very informative, if you know a bit about what happened, and how it is mischaracterized. They don't just market themselves as 'a little outlaw', they were forced to leave by violent mobs, because they had no protection from the law.

The potential violence wasn't worth staying.

Anyway, it's always different if you listen to the source, rather than their detractors.

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:25 am
Your main contention seems to be that leftists (in which you would include, somewhat inaccurately, forum members apart from yourself) tend to want to limit free speech. More than that, you contend that they wish to limit it in a very biased way, wanting to shut down conservative viewpoints but allowing anything from the left free rein, and conversely, rightists are always on the side of free speech, and against censorship.
Well it sounds ridiculous when you put it that way.

I think I'm 'left', and I don't think anyone here is further to the right, than me. (according to that political compass thingy) and if it comes to the binary choice of the US last election, I think I would have got drunk instead, but if I had to, would have voted Trump. Again, I don't think anyone else here would have.

To take the latter first, conservatives (particularly the religious variety) have always attempted (and often achieved) the censorship of a wide variety of non-conservative views, whether anti-religious or in favour of the free expression of various forms of sexual identity. To the extent that such censorship does not occur today (at least in most of the western world), such freedoms have only been achieved by constant pressure from progressive activists. The zeitgeist has changed, but the changes have typically been opposed tooth and claw by conservative elements in society.

I would certainly agree that some elements of the academic left can too often stray into attempting to shut down viewpoints which do not accord with their view. This is broadly known as "cancel culture", but a nuanced view would show a wide range of speech or writing which some may take issue with. In that regard, there can be robust criticism from the broad left (certainly from me) when the bounds are clearly overstepped. For example, the vilification of J. K. Rowling for expressing a contrary viewpoint on trans people is quite absurd, as is the peevish demands from some for mandatory language protocols.
Well, I do think you could speak well (estimating from your career, age etc.) but I bet you would find it damn near impossible to get smoothly through subtle disagreements on a public stage about it.

The recent 'Munk Debates' started out that way, and the first thing they failed to find common ground on were simply what to call men who have transitioned, if the language itself is supposed to respect the fact that he is now a woman. (or she was a man?)

Anyway, my only point is that it's fucking difficult now, and it's no accident. You might say Rowling has firm chops as a writer. She shit the bed.

I certainly can't do it smoothly.

But it remains true that a broad cross-section of society (including large social media companies) recognises that there are some limits, and that absolute freedom of expression is simply not possible. Some examples of speech or writing which is beyond that line includes:

* the clear advocacy of violence, either towards individuals, or in the form of violent insurrection against a democratically elected government
99% there, except that I would say fairly elected. Some places use other systems. I would never suggest stopping someone from removing such content from their site though.

* anti-semitism in its clearcut, Nazi form, typically involving holocaust denial (or, possibly worse, its glorification), fervent admiration of Hitler and the Third Reich, and implied or explicit violence towards jews
I'm with you on it, but don't see why it needs energy. Looks like a pretty small, unbelievable bunch. I met one once. Either there are no more, or they don't feel comfortable sharing their ideas.

* white supremacist movements that openly regard non-whites as sub-human, whose rights should be abrogated

* similar movements (frequently religious), where gays are substituted for jews or blacks to receive the symphony of hate

Now, to forestall criticism that all these are right wing groups (if somewhat extreme for mainstream Republicans), and so it's just typical left prejudice, let me add these:

* groups such as the anti-globalist anarchists of past years advocating destruction of capitalist property and violent street battles with police

* people advocating the violent overthrow of capitalism and western governments to usher in a worker's paradise

* atheists organising in sinister on-line forums to bomb churches and assassinate religious leaders
How about Carl Benjamin, talking about the recent debates about grooming gangs?

I mostly agree with you, JimC. You might be surprised how far to the left I am, if you weren't so disgusted by my rightieness where you see it. ;)

To me, the band known as 'The Banned' have always played my song. I grew up with weird freedom-loving heroes. From Larry Flint getting himself shot, to my boss paying his asshole banker in filthy, cumsoaked quarters, to George Carlin coming along and making the word 'cunt' classy again, the outcasts have always had a knack for illuminating the gross bits. For me, often in an informative, entertaining way.

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:51 am
Well that's clear hate speech. And remember that freedom of speech is centred around a political context. Free speech doesn't really apply to private organisations like social media, despite what Cunt erroneously thinks.
Do you think it is possible that their contractual connections to people in various countries pulls them into obligations?

Do businesses get to be bound by human rights code, when it comes to discrimination?

As to the whistleblower issue, I found an article referring to the incident. If you do anything other than accept the official story firmly, it looks more than a little unusual.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:45 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:56 am
Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:20 am
Cunt wrote:
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:

Meh, let's talk about my point instead.

Heyer and Weinstein are a good example of using the cache of being outsiders to boost their brand. Weinstein put together the Intellectual Dark Web website and Heyer bills herself as a Professor in Exile, even though they are clearly doing okay. They live well, and before COVID, could travel freely to other countries to do research.

I don't fault them. They're living the good life and doing what they love and so what if they market themselves as a little outlaw.
I think the smears against them are very informative, if you know a bit about what happened, and how it is mischaracterized. They don't just market themselves as 'a little outlaw', they were forced to leave by violent mobs, because they had no protection from the law.

The potential violence wasn't worth staying.

Anyway, it's always different if you listen to the source, rather than their detractors.
As usual Cunt, you miss the point. I am speaking of them in the present and how they have been successful.

You can't seem to get past their past and how awfully they were treated by those nasty lefties, can you? :console:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:50 am

You mean recently, or do you only acknowledge the historic smear efforts?
Weinstein and Heying, for the uninitiated, are members of the so-called “intellectual dark web” who in 2017 both resigned from their posts as biology professors at Evergreen State College in protest of a minority-appreciation day, and have since whined about campus speech on a number of libertarian-leaning podcasts.
That's what the article says, it's a very specific kind of lying. If you think it is just a historic effort, you haven't seen the response to them. It's ongoing, and they talk about why on their show. I think they sell books too, so watch your wallet, but they are an interesting pair.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:59 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:19 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:10 am
I didn't say I believed it.
Oh, of course. Just asking questions.. :roll:
Why does Tucker Carlson look as if he has a pineapple shoved up his arse?

...as an example, some people might say.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:41 pm

111735AC-21FC-47DF-B793-D647E4F4A16F.png
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:50 am
You mean recently, or do you only acknowledge the historic smear efforts?
Weinstein and Heying, for the uninitiated, are members of the so-called “intellectual dark web” who in 2017 both resigned from their posts as biology professors at Evergreen State College in protest of a minority-appreciation day, and have since whined about campus speech on a number of libertarian-leaning podcasts.
That's what the article says, it's a very specific kind of lying. If you think it is just a historic effort, you haven't seen the response to them. It's ongoing, and they talk about why on their show. I think they sell books too, so watch your wallet, but they are an interesting pair.
Now you're just trolling. :coffee:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:16 pm

No I'm not. The article author lied about why the pair left the college.

Or are you just trolling?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:36 pm

The manlet conspiracy.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:53 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Yeah, you're trolling. As I've told you already, my point isn't about the past. Since you can't respect the topic and insist on spewing irrelevancies, you're trolling.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:58 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:53 pm
Cunt wrote:

Yeah, you're trolling. As I've told you already, my point isn't about the past. Since you can't respect the topic and insist on spewing irrelevancies, you're trolling.
I linked to a current smear, about the current topic. Did you miss the link?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:58 pm
Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:53 pm
Cunt wrote:

I linked to a current smear, about the current topic. Did you miss the link?
Nope, I wasn't talking about smears and have told you that. You're trolling. Bad Cunt! :hehe:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:45 am
As usual Cunt, you miss the point. I am speaking of them in the present and how they have been successful.

You can't seem to get past their past and how awfully they were treated by those nasty lefties, can you? :console:
Still don't get it. You say I can't get past the treatment, when it is current.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: