Science news of the day thread.

Post Reply
User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 13980
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:12 am
Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:37 am
Exactly. Where's Cunt's people, like The Proud Boys and the MRA crowd?
Those aren't 'Cunt's people', though I understand you wishing they were.

I mean, organizations you condemn are pretty meaningless. I like Warren Farrell, not as crazy about that 'I love sluts' guy. Depends who you mean by 'MRA'.
Way to miss the point. Your antifa caption, effectively attacking them for not rushing to help poor Texas, was just a right-wing troll. It had zero logic or point, well illustrated by the obvious rejoinder that the same goes for literally any social group, club, movement or whatever..
It simply reiterates my point that they don't 'do' good work. They have a reputation that doesn't include helping.

And that you don't mind saying something nasty about MRA's, but can't speak to the points made by individuals like Warren Farrel. Probably because it's funner for you to attack cartoon characters, than real people.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

I don't want to forget this enlightening quote by our prestigious and sage member...
Hermit wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Trump supporters are fundamentally racist.

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 67140
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:54 pm

I think standing up to fascist thugs counts as helping... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 13980
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:54 pm
I think standing up to fascist thugs counts as helping... :tea:
If you identify fascist thugs correctly. Did they stand with Hong Kong? Or with the Ughyur muslims?

Or was it opposing some bookstore in Portland? I can never remember with those rapscallions...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

I don't want to forget this enlightening quote by our prestigious and sage member...
Hermit wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Trump supporters are fundamentally racist.

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 23487
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
About me: Cantankerous grump
Location: Ignore lithpt
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 pm
JimC wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:54 pm
I think standing up to fascist thugs counts as helping... :tea:
If you identify fascist thugs correctly. Did they stand with Hong Kong? Or with the Ughyur muslims?

Or was it opposing some bookstore in Portland? I can never remember with those rapscallions...
You might well ask all those other groups who fight for freedom too. Like the Proud Boys, the 3 Percenters, the Oath Keepers and so on.
So you talk about mobs and the working classes as if they were the question. You've got that eternal idiotic idea that if anarchy came it would come from the poor. Why should it? The poor have been rebels, but they have never been anarchists; they have more interest than anyone else in there being some decent government. The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. Aristocrats were always anarchists. - G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 13980
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:20 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:10 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:55 pm
JimC wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:54 pm
I think standing up to fascist thugs counts as helping... :tea:
If you identify fascist thugs correctly. Did they stand with Hong Kong? Or with the Ughyur muslims?

Or was it opposing some bookstore in Portland? I can never remember with those rapscallions...
You might well ask all those other groups who fight for freedom too. Like the Proud Boys, the 3 Percenters, the Oath Keepers and so on.
I think the Ughyur victims are victims of the clearest fascism I can think of. My guess is that an antifascim group would have noticed it as well.

No reason to hold them to any serious standard though. Can't have bookstores in Portland selling just ANYthing, or there will be mayhem lol
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

I don't want to forget this enlightening quote by our prestigious and sage member...
Hermit wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Trump supporters are fundamentally racist.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 30912
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 pm

I think Cunt is calling for a new kind of International Brigade. :hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 54939
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 pm
JimC wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:12 am
Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:37 am
Exactly. Where's Cunt's people, like The Proud Boys and the MRA crowd?
Those aren't 'Cunt's people', though I understand you wishing they were.

I mean, organizations you condemn are pretty meaningless. I like Warren Farrell, not as crazy about that 'I love sluts' guy. Depends who you mean by 'MRA'.
Way to miss the point. Your antifa caption, effectively attacking them for not rushing to help poor Texas, was just a right-wing troll. It had zero logic or point, well illustrated by the obvious rejoinder that the same goes for literally any social group, club, movement or whatever..
It simply reiterates my point that they don't 'do' good work. They have a reputation that doesn't include helping.
They do plenty of good work fighting white supremicists and quasi-fascists. I understand why you might consider such work not valuable, though.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 13980
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 pm
JimC wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:12 am
Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:37 am
Exactly. Where's Cunt's people, like The Proud Boys and the MRA crowd?
Those aren't 'Cunt's people', though I understand you wishing they were.

I mean, organizations you condemn are pretty meaningless. I like Warren Farrell, not as crazy about that 'I love sluts' guy. Depends who you mean by 'MRA'.
Way to miss the point. Your antifa caption, effectively attacking them for not rushing to help poor Texas, was just a right-wing troll. It had zero logic or point, well illustrated by the obvious rejoinder that the same goes for literally any social group, club, movement or whatever..
It simply reiterates my point that they don't 'do' good work. They have a reputation that doesn't include helping.
They do plenty of good work fighting white supremicists and quasi-fascists. I understand why you might consider such work not valuable, though.
Depends if they are really white supremicists, or if that is the excuse they use for attacking a gay asian reporter for reporting gayly on their treatment of asian reporters.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

I don't want to forget this enlightening quote by our prestigious and sage member...
Hermit wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Trump supporters are fundamentally racist.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 30912
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:34 pm

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 54939
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:35 pm

:coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Hermit
Posts: 23487
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
About me: Cantankerous grump
Location: Ignore lithpt
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:43 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 pm
I think Cunt is calling for a new kind of International Brigade. :hehe:
He's clearly forgotten that the world police has been around for over half a century.
So you talk about mobs and the working classes as if they were the question. You've got that eternal idiotic idea that if anarchy came it would come from the poor. Why should it? The poor have been rebels, but they have never been anarchists; they have more interest than anyone else in there being some decent government. The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. Aristocrats were always anarchists. - G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 67140
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 pm

Nobody expects the Canadian Inquisition!

Headed by Cardinal Cunt!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 13980
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:45 pm

Um, I like to try to be diplomatic about our serious disagreements JimC, but...

Shouldn't it be 'Praetor Cunt'?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

I don't want to forget this enlightening quote by our prestigious and sage member...
Hermit wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Trump supporters are fundamentally racist.

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 67140
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:34 am

Don't you want to be a Prince of the Church?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
macdoc
Twitcher
Posts: 3714
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:20 pm
Location: Planet Earth on slow boil
Contact:

Re: Science news of the day thread.

Post by macdoc » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:17 am

Anybody crack the code on the parachute?

Image

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/us/2 ... arsely-api
Ontario rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3-6 months each year Feb to May Canada >• 2018 CB500x • 2008 CBF1000 Australia> 04 KLR650 • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests