"Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: "Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Animavore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:44 pm

The Alt Right has its own Wiki page and even their own website as posted above. Plain as day who they are. A group of white nationalist isolationist with racist views. Yet no one can even point to an "alt left". They're everything from BLM to Islamic terrorists.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/17/is-the ... eal-thing/
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:46 pm

In summary; this whole thread is a waste of time because it doesn't mean anything.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm

You expect threads in Ratz to NOT be a waste of time?!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:52 pm

I expect them to be factual, rational, level-headed...

Oh who am I trying to kid. This place is fucked. Thanks, Obama.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:12 pm

I blame Bush.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Animavore wrote:The Alt Right has its own Wiki page and even their own website as posted above. Plain as day who they are. A group of white nationalist isolationist with racist views. Yet no one can even point to an "alt left". They're everything from BLM to Islamic terrorists.

Yes, but the fact that the alt-right are white nationalist racists does not mean that all the folks the activist left tries to lump in as "alt right" are in fact alt right. Often, it's ridiculous how expansive the accusations are. They accuse moderates and liberals of being "alt right." That's what I'm getting act.

It's the same tactic used to smear "conservatives" by calling them Nazis and white supremacists. When you live in a "white supremacist capitalist patriarchy" everyone who isn't on your team is a white supremacist supporter of the capitalist patriarchy. "everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic and you have to point it all out." Anita Sarkeesian.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 pm

I haven't pointed out a dichotomy, much less a false one. What I've said was that one side smears the other by lumping in moderate folks with the extreme lunatics, and the other side does the same thing. That's not a dichotomy. A dichotomy is a division or contrast between two things that are represented as different or distinct. It's not a false dichotomy to distinguish between conservatives, liberals and "alt right" - the alt right does not encompass all the people that are often suggested as being among the alt right. The alt right is a small group of people that are like the Richard Spencer white nationalist crowd - douchbag white identity politicking nationalists. That is different than Trump, and different than Republicans and different than conservative, and "alt right" does not encompass everyone who opposes illegal immigration and such. Surely that's obvious, isn't it?

It's the same tactic Seth used to use when he would lump everyone on the left into the term "Marxist." He's smearing a group, by lumping them in with the most extreme and awful elements of that group. That's neither false, nor a dichotomy, and both "sides" do it.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Animavore wrote:I expect them to be factual, rational, level-headed...

Oh who am I trying to kid. This place is fucked. Thanks, Obama.
:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:The Alt Right has its own Wiki page and even their own website as posted above. Plain as day who they are. A group of white nationalist isolationist with racist views. Yet no one can even point to an "alt left". They're everything from BLM to Islamic terrorists.

Yes, but the fact that the alt-right are white nationalist racists does not mean that all the folks the activist left tries to lump in as "alt right" are in fact alt right. Often, it's ridiculous how expansive the accusations are. They accuse moderates and liberals of being "alt right." That's what I'm getting act.
Evidence of this?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Forty Two wrote:I haven't pointed out a dichotomy, much less a false one. What I've said was that one side smears the other by lumping in moderate folks with the extreme lunatics, and the other side does the same thing. That's not a dichotomy. A dichotomy is a division or contrast between two things that are represented as different or distinct. It's not a false dichotomy to distinguish between conservatives, liberals and "alt right" - the alt right does not encompass all the people that are often suggested as being among the alt right. The alt right is a small group of people that are like the Richard Spencer white nationalist crowd - douchbag white identity politicking nationalists. That is different than Trump, and different than Republicans and different than conservative, and "alt right" does not encompass everyone who opposes illegal immigration and such. Surely that's obvious, isn't it?

It's the same tactic Seth used to use when he would lump everyone on the left into the term "Marxist." He's smearing a group, by lumping them in with the most extreme and awful elements of that group. That's neither false, nor a dichotomy, and both "sides" do it.
This is literally a dichotomy.
You wrote:There are no moderates to these people. There is no liberal to these people. Either you are in favor of punching Nazis or you are a white supremacist, tacitly supporting the worst people around. Either you are in favor of punching antifa, or you are are communist and Marxist yourself.
There are plenty of moderate anti-fascists.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:16 pm

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

Evidence of this?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... d_die.html
RICH LOWRY: Anti-fascists also beat people up, break things, and burn things. They both should be condemned... I want the alt-right... to go away and die, but you are not doing folks on my side any favors by defining it so widely that Stephen Miller and Mike Anton [are "alt-right"].

That is what [white supremacists] want. You're helping them.
They've called Breitbart and Steve Bannon "alt right" and that's ridiculous. https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ht-clowns/

"Alt Right" - it means a loose group of white nationalist guys, racists, neo-nazi-ish folks and that kind of thing...but, they then expand the definition to include anyone they want to smear. It's a common tactic, and not one that only the left employs. It's the same thing they do to democrats when they call them communists from time to time.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:20 pm

pErvin wrote:
You wrote:There are no moderates to these people. There is no liberal to these people. Either you are in favor of punching Nazis or you are a white supremacist, tacitly supporting the worst people around. Either you are in favor of punching antifa, or you are are communist and Marxist yourself.
Look, of course there are plenty of moderate antifascists. I'm a moderate anti-fascist. What I wrote there was "There are no moderates TO THESE PEOPLE." It's a tactic - both sides do it - smear the moderates in the opposition with the worst of an extreme. Is someone "left", then he's Marxist communist. If someone is "right" then he's a "white nationalist." That's the tactic. Conservative is different than liberal and different than moderate and all them are different than alt right or far left. That's not a dichotomy at all, much less a false one.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

Evidence of this?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... d_die.html
RICH LOWRY: Anti-fascists also beat people up, break things, and burn things. They both should be condemned... I want the alt-right... to go away and die, but you are not doing folks on my side any favors by defining it so widely that Stephen Miller and Mike Anton [are "alt-right"].

That is what [white supremacists] want. You're helping them.
They've called Breitbart and Steve Bannon "alt right" and that's ridiculous.
Breitbart is definitely alt-right. Dunno enough about Bannon to make that call.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ht-clowns/
"Alt Right" - it means a loose group of white nationalist guys, racists, neo-nazi-ish folks and that kind of thing...but, they then expand the definition to include anyone they want to smear. It's a common tactic, and not one that only the left employs. It's the same thing they do to democrats when they call them communists from time to time.
Yeah, I agree it's a silly thing to do. It's why I've never jumped on the 'Trump is a fascist' bandwagon. He really isn't a fascist. He's too stupid to even probably know what fascism or any other political ideology is.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Look, of course there are plenty of moderate antifascists. I'm a moderate anti-fascist. What I wrote there was "There are no moderates TO THESE PEOPLE."
What people? :think: I know of a number of people who march under the Antifa flag who aren't extremists. They're left of you, but they're not smashing shit up or punching anyone. They are just marching and waving their flags and chanting silly songs.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Steve Bannon himself boasted Breitbart is a platform for the Alt Right. Breitbart's Alt Right. Bannon is Alt Right.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... bart-news/