Star Trek Mini-Mafia

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Linus

Re: Star Trek Mini-Mafia

Post by Linus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm

andrewclunn wrote:I've seen MZ flail like this before, he was town then. I assume there is no doctor if McCoy is VT.
@@vote Gonzo@@

Since callan already pretty much claimed VT, I'd like them to give us their character too.
What do you make of MZ's first few posts?

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:16 pm

His "no miller" would mean that there must be a seer. Each of MZ and callan are either telling the truth or the lone scum (I am operating on the assumption that there is only 1 scum) so if there is a seer, then scum already has a 1/3 or 1/2 chance of killing them tonight, as it's either me, you (linus), or gonzo. I say or 1/2 because it is possible that one of the three of us is the scum. I think that callan needs to come forward with a character claim, as there's no danger in us giving scum more info, since callan has already claimed VT. In a game this small, it is possible that no fakes were given though, and a soft VT claim like that seems more suspicious to me. I agree that it does look like MZ is flailing, but from past games that strikes me as MZ's MO for town play.
Nobody expects me...

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:37 pm

andrewclunn wrote:His "no miller" would mean that there must be a seer. Each of MZ and callan are either telling the truth or the lone scum (I am operating on the assumption that there is only 1 scum) so if there is a seer, then scum already has a 1/3 or 1/2 chance of killing them tonight, as it's either me, you (linus), or gonzo. I say or 1/2 because it is possible that one of the three of us is the scum. I think that callan needs to come forward with a character claim, as there's no danger in us giving scum more info, since callan has already claimed VT. In a game this small, it is possible that no fakes were given though, and a soft VT claim like that seems more suspicious to me. I agree that it does look like MZ is flailing, but from past games that strikes me as MZ's MO for town play.
FWIW, I agree. I was wondering what you thought of his first few posts, though. Did my comment about indie vibes click?

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Not really.
Nobody expects me...

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm

andrewclunn wrote:Not really.
OK, thanks.

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:47 pm

BTW, who is around right now? I guess it is ~20 min to the first possible nightfall deadline. If it will be 12 hours to nightfall I will miss it.

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:55 pm

The reason I doubt there's an independent in this game is this, if we don't lynch the scum or independent (2/5 shot) it's an auto loss, as then the independent can out them self to work with scum and we get screwed. Our only saving grace at that point would be a town mayor. Hmmm, now that I think of that, it is possible, and I'm not willing to give gonzo the mayor power if such an outcome is possible so

@@vote unvote gonzo@@vote

@@vote andrewclunn@@

As it stands callan is going to get lynched.@@
@@
Nobody expects me...

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 pm

My lynch preference is: MZ > gonzo > Andrew > Callan.

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Wait, hold on, it may be two for MZ and two for callan. Hmmm, no settled mayor either.
Nobody expects me...

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Nightfall

Results shortly. The varying end-time was to allow all players a chance to post. All players posted, thus we have nightfall.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 pm

A death!

Callan is your mayor. The decision was made by your somewhat iffy ship's computer; the reasoning being that Callan was the only player who did not self-vote for mayor.

But, in an odd twist of fate, your ship's computer also tallies the votes, randomizes the tie, and decides to place a phaser blast into Callan's chest. He is quite dead.

Callan was Scotty, Vanilla Town.

The living:

1 Andrew
2 Gonzo
3 Linus
4 MZ

The dead:

Callan - Scotty - Town

Night chat is allowed. Day 2 will begin in roughly 12 hours at midnight EST. Early night moves will not truncate the night.

You have no mayor.

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Uhm, what did Callan do as mayor, if not break the 2-2 vote tie away from her lynch...?

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Linus wrote:Uhm, what did Callan do as mayor, if not break the 2-2 vote tie away from her lynch...?
Everything happened simultaneously. Thus, Callan was dead at the same moment that his extra 1/2 vote would have worked.

This is part of the game design, and I'm happy to discuss it in the post-game if you like.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 pm

hey sorry... town Gonzo is way too high right now.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Magicziggy

Star Trek Mini-Mafia

Post by Magicziggy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:08 am

Gonzo wrote:hey sorry... town Gonzo is way too high right now.
this looks like town "couldn't give a fuck" gonzo. Quite frankly, if he's scum, he can have it.