Venture Bros: day 4

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Re: Venture Bros: day 4

Post by amok » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Gonzo wrote:okay, I see amok voted for mantis, so that sort of clears her. I can't see amok throwing a team mate under the bus unless she was asked to and it was acording to plan. And even then, mantis was THE MONARCH. Who throws The Monarch under the bus? ##unvote amok##
My vote on Mantis doesn't clear me at all. Mantis was going down anyway. My vote didn't make a difference.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:34 pm

amok wrote:
Gonzo wrote:okay, I see amok voted for mantis, so that sort of clears her. I can't see amok throwing a team mate under the bus unless she was asked to and it was acording to plan. And even then, mantis was THE MONARCH. Who throws The Monarch under the bus? ##unvote amok##
My vote on Mantis doesn't clear me at all. Mantis was going down anyway. My vote didn't make a difference.
Why did you vote for Andrew on Day 2? I don't think you ever answered that.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:49 pm

##vote gonzo##

Seriously - forgot to send night action in 2 nights in a row? Come on.

amok

Post by amok » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Zigmen wrote:
amok wrote:
Why did you vote for Andrew on Day 2? I don't think you ever answered that.
I certainly did. My first post yesterday, in reply to your question, was:
My case "against" andrewclunn was more a vote "for" Aza. I've only done a quick read so far, but so far I've seen nothing that alters my opinion that those voting Aza yesterday were either wrong or Scum. I picked the only spot I saw a viable alternative. Andrew was weird about MZ & the blocker thing, in my opinion, but mostly I'd have voted against you, too, if that was the option. I also would have voted with MZ, because I had no strong feeling about Gonzo one way or another, but still didn't trust Gib.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

amok

Post by amok » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 pm

MattShizzle wrote:##vote gonzo##

I know. But on some level it wouldn't make sense to try that. If nothing else, if I were Scum in that situation, I'd have faked a block on a Scum-mate, and got them to "confirm" they were blocked.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:14 pm

##vote gonzo##

The stench of bullshit is getting so thick I'm choking on it
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Where is DP anyway? his view will help today along nicely
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:23 pm

amok wrote:

I know. But on some level it wouldn't make sense to try that. If nothing else, if I were Scum in that situation, I'd have faked a block on a Scum-mate, and got them to "confirm" they were blocked.
Dunno.

If Gonzo was Scum, it would have been a real gamble to choose which nights he could block. 50/50. Not good odds for Scum. Unless both he and MZ are Scum, of course.

We do know there has been some blocking, though. Town or Scum, we don't know.

I'm leaning Town on Gonzo based on that choice of odd nights. If Gonzo was Scum, that would probably mean MZ is as well. I don't think Scum would risk connecting two of their players like that.

I used to think they maybe did do a fake-claim. Now, I'm thinking it was too risky. I don't like the Gonzo BW.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 pm

amok wrote:

Oh. I forgot the "confirmed" block was from Mantis.

Forget my earlier post.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:46 pm

amok wrote:

and out another scummate if DP views him? I don't think so. The oops I forgot defence is the only reasonable option

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:52 pm

The list::

1 charlou/aza Viewed by DP. Town.
2 MattShizzle Claims same character as MZ. Leaning Town.
3 Zigmen - Uncleared
6 Gonzo - Claims part-time Town blocker, has made no blocks.
8 MZ Claims part-time Town blocker, only block confirmed my Mantis (Scum)
10 Amok - Uncleared
11 Don't Panic Claims character seer. Confirmed by Gib's reveal. Town.
12 irretating - Uncleared

Zigmen, Amok, and Irre should be our focus, in a perfect world. I know I'm Town, but this is where I am on the list.
The Gonzo/MZ claim seems suspicious, now.
Shizz is seeming Town.
Aza and DP cleared.

As far as Amok and Irre, Amok has been on my Scum list pretty much the whole game. The vote on Andrew seems suspect to me cuz Andrew looked so Townish. Irre, otoh, spearheaded the lynch on Mantis for days.Irre also mirrors my thoughts pretty closely, which would make me suspicious if she also trusted me, which she obviously does not. That's Town Irre.

I'm inclined to go with a uncleared player first.

##Vote Amok##

We do need to keep out votes unified, though. I'll consider a Gonzo BW as well. Not a bad place to vote, but my gut says Amok has been steering bad BWs and largely laying low in terms of content and leadership.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Zigmen wrote:
Gonzo wrote:No sir. I tried to block mantis night one but was too late. Night three I was stupid and didn't send anything.
Who would you have blocked last night?
If I could decide right now, now that I know amok voted for mantis, it would have been Aza.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Zigmen wrote:
Gonzo wrote:No sir. I tried to block mantis night one but was too late. Night three I was stupid and didn't send anything.
Who would you have blocked last night?
If I could decide right now, now that I know amok voted for mantis, it would have been Aza.

##Unvote##
##Vote Gonzo##

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:57 pm

You suck at reading. I was too late night one, I forgot night three. Why would it help me to lie about any of this? Seriously, you can lynch me because you don't like what I am saying, but that isn't scumhunting. That's just being bitchy about my play as town, which is pretty damn lazy.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Goodbye. ##vote Gonzo##