Venture Bros: day 3

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Re: Venture Bros: day 3

Post by amok » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:12 am

Magicziggy wrote:##vote aza##
With mantis and gonzo as the other two. Gonzos claim just looks bogus.
I was under no threat and he came charging fro

m nowhere to my rescue without reading the thread. He ha conveniently not made a block himself. As a scum ploy it would reveal the nights of my block ( it hasn't) and maybe any other blocker wanting to counter. Hopefully we have some more data to go in soon.
If Mantis and Gonzo are your other two, that means DP isn't. And if DP isn't, Aza can't be.
Linus wrote:
Characters for town players have been selected randomly from this list:

Catclops, Dean, Pete White, Dr. Rusty Venture, Triana Orpheus, Jefferson Twilight, Brock Samson, Otto Aquarius, H.E.L.P.eR., Otaku Senzuri, Sasquatch, Hank, The Alchemist, Lt. Anna Baldavich, Action Johnny, Scamp, Steve Summers, Dean, Billy Quizboy, Ned, The Pirate Captain, The Master, Molotov Cocktease, Girl Hitler, Dr. Byron Orpheus, Dean, Hank, Col. Bud Manstrong, Col. Hunter Gathers, Hank, The Grand Galactic Inquisitor, Dr. Jonas Venture (Jr.), Sally Impossible, Col. Horace Gentleman

All the remaining ones have been distributed to non-town players as safe claims.
If DP isn't Scum, Aza can't be Scum. I'm almost sure DP has just misunderstood the flavour thing. It's too obvious, as a Scum ploy. The Game Mod's rules are clear.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:17 am

i think it's gonzo mantis and zigmen

amok

Post by amok » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 am

gib wrote:i think it's gonzo mantis and zigmen
I think it's Gonzo. I'm pretty sure about Mantis. I'm hesitant about Zigmen, because I'm trying to decide if I'm just being snotty over his FOSes on me. I was really, really sure you (Gib) was Scum for most of this game, and reading back, I have to concede a lot (not all) of that was feeling targetted (plus I thought you were intentionally not answering my questions.)

I honestly can't see DP (as Scum) making that kind of mistake. DP (as Town), yes, I can see it.

So that, for me, clears Charlou/Aza, Gib & DP. I had already cleared MZ and Matt, in my mind.

That leaves ... Zigmen, Gonzo, irretating, Mantisdreamz.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:54 am

amok wrote:
I think it's Gonzo. I'm pretty sure about Mantis. I'm hesitant about Zigmen, because I'm trying to decide if I'm just being snotty over his FOSes on me. I was really, really sure you (Gib) was Scum for most of this game, and reading back, I have to concede a lot (not all) of that was feeling targetted (plus I thought you were intentionally not answering my questions.)

I honestly can't see DP (as Scum) making that kind of mistake. DP (as Town), yes, I can see it.

So that, for me, clears Charlou/Aza, Gib & DP. I had already cleared MZ and Matt, in my mind.

Zigmen could be scum, yes. His BW behaviour yesterday stank to high heaven and his trying to pin blame on me just clangs.

I am still not understanding why there isn't a huge BW on mantis, I'm feeling like a broken record on it. IMO she should be the first to go.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 am

Yep. I had you pegged for SK but its unclear if there is even one. Wasn't it zigmen who floated that idea IIRC?

amok

Post by amok » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:01 am

irretating wrote:
amok wrote:

Zigmen could be scum, yes. His BW behaviour yesterday stank to high heaven and his trying to pin blame on me just clangs.

I am still not understanding why there isn't a huge BW on mantis, I'm feeling like a broken record on it. IMO she should be the first to go.
For me it's because I've seen Mantis play both really well and also sort of haphazard on other occasions. I'm not even an extreme veteran, and I've had enough off games (including this one) to take that into consideration.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:38 am

irretating wrote:
Yep. I had you pegged for SK but its unclear if there is even one. Wasn't it zigmen who floated that idea IIRC?
i'm pretty sure zigmen is scum, now i'm cleared i can say it out loud

scum zigmen guns for specials - like zig did day one when he wanted MZ lynched

come day 2 suddenly he's telling us MZ doesn't need to go and the specials can sort him out. Why not decide that night 1 instead of keeping vote on outed special? What changed overnight? Nothing, he just knew he couldn't get MZ lynched and started making lists about me. Who makes lists? Scum zigmen does.

notice he didn't reply to my pz myers bet either

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:40 am

irre i would vote mantis today but gonzo has been caught in a lie

we should keep zigmen in for today because it's hilarious seeing him flail

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:23 pm

##vote mantis##

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 pm

amok wrote:
Magicziggy wrote:##vote aza##
With mantis and gonzo as the other two. Gonzos claim just looks bogus.
I was under no threat and he came charging fro

m nowhere to my rescue without reading the thread. He ha conveniently not made a block himself. As a scum ploy it would reveal the nights of my block ( it hasn't) and maybe any other blocker wanting to counter. Hopefully we have some more data to go in soon.
If Mantis and Gonzo are your other two, that means DP isn't. And if DP isn't, Aza can't be.
Linus wrote:
Characters for town players have been selected randomly from this list:

Catclops, Dean, Pete White, Dr. Rusty Venture, Triana Orpheus, Jefferson Twilight, Brock Samson, Otto Aquarius, H.E.L.P.eR., Otaku Senzuri, Sasquatch, Hank, The Alchemist, Lt. Anna Baldavich, Action Johnny, Scamp, Steve Summers, Dean, Billy Quizboy, Ned, The Pirate Captain, The Master, Molotov Cocktease, Girl Hitler, Dr. Byron Orpheus, Dean, Hank, Col. Bud Manstrong, Col. Hunter Gathers, Hank, The Grand Galactic Inquisitor, Dr. Jonas Venture (Jr.), Sally Impossible, Col. Horace Gentleman

All the remaining ones have been distributed to non-town players as safe claims.
If DP isn't Scum, Aza can't be Scum. I'm almost sure DP has just misunderstood the flavour thing. It's too obvious, as a Scum ploy. The Game Mod's rules are clear.
As usual I only skimmed the rules, I was thinking I had to figure it out from the characters, that list makes my job easier, goes without saying but I need protection tonight if we got a doc.

On a meta note I'm kind of worried about how my special/scum game stands out so much from my vanilla town game, but then scum didn't pick up on that night 1 or 2, kind of leads me to think that at least some of our scum aren't too familiar with the players here. Or is that just paranoia on my part?
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:07 pm

I think mantis, gonzo, and probably either zigmen, amok or shizzle, if it's 3 scum, gib and aza seem cleared by being on the town player list, irre I have a townish vibe from, and mz the same.
##vote mantis##
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:02 pm

gib wrote:just to be clear ##unvote DP[/v]
##vote gonzo##

i have very little time to play between now and nightfall - gonzo needs to explain his shit##
##unvote

explain what exactly? That I didn't think it was a great idea to scream that I'd block on odd nights, but irre and MZ could not put two and two together? Yeah, don't see how that makes me scummy. I had already outed myself, but they refused to take my claim at face value.##
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 pm

You guys caught me. I'm the scum that is pretending to be the second role blocker because it's such a genius and well-thought out plan that is winning me major points with the town.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:06 pm

I think I am more comfortable with an Aza lynch, given that he hasn't posted anything of substance in this game since his return. Mantis appears town when pressure is applied, but her voting and lurking is pretty scummy looking, so she's my second choice.

##unvote mantis## ##vote aza##

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:12 pm

##unvote gonzo##

oops got confused about odd and even nights, sorry gonzo

aza was cleared by the flavor cop so why are you voting him?