Venture Bros: day 2

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Mantisdreamz

Re: Venture Bros: day 2

Post by Mantisdreamz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:22 am

amok wrote:
Magicziggy wrote:Charlou did vote yesterday
I know she did. It was a good, solid Town vote, done in the end rush. I was talking about her first post where she said she wouldn't.
who did she vote for yesterday? I don't remember

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:23 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:Gonzo, I'm not sure i understand you

Amok - I read it as both of them being confused. MZ seems town more so than Matt... but i don't think Matt is scum.
I thought Matt was saying that an early lynch of one (either) of them could alleviate confusion on the flip. That seems Town, to me. But I also understand how MZ misunderstood what he was saying.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

amok

Post by amok » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
amok wrote:
Magicziggy wrote:Charlou did vote yesterday
I know she did. It was a good, solid Town vote, done in the end rush. I was talking about her first post where she said she wouldn't.
who did she vote for yesterday? I don't remember
Me. It was a good vote. A flurry at the end to try to save Aza, who was Town.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:28 am

amok wrote:I know I have to step up my game. I'm not keen on how I've let these games overpower real life recently
Same here... I love mafia too much
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 am

You do seem to be excusing yourself a lot in this game amok... I will be looking at your posts closer because you a really starting to over do it. Especially when you entered the game promising to be less kind than usual...
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:31 am

Zigmen wrote:
gib wrote:zigmen has played dozens of games with me and knows full well my scum game looks nothing like this
I'll admit that part of your response to my questions about your late-day vote switching was looking somewhat Townish. However, I still have some nagging issues about your game.

1) Your inability to consider that MZ's claim was bullshit. For such an awkward claim, you sure glossed right over it.
2) Your "scumhunting" seems forced and lacking direction. You've been harping on things like how i felt about Andrew trying to triangulate, for example.
3) You've been bordering on special hunting, suggesting that MZ out more of his role and that the "other" blocker step forward.
4) Poor oppressed you playing the martyr.
5) Suggesting how dumb I will look at the end of the game.
6) Trying to get any other BW going in what looks like self preservation.

Contrast that to what i know of your Town game:

1) Charts and stats from votes both old and new.
2) Pointed questions that evoke real discussion of valid concerns.
3) A leadership position that serves as a guide by example; gathering support with honey instead of vinegar.

So, when you say I know enough of your Town game to make a decision, you're correct.

You're playing anti-Town.

I'd bet you're probably in league with Mantis, Amok, and/or Gonzo.
This is a great post, regardless of FOSing me. His case against gib is solid and I agree with it completely. This isn't pro-town gib play.

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:35 am

amok wrote:
Mantisdreamz wrote:Gonzo, I'm not sure i understand you

Amok - I read it as both of them being confused. MZ seems town more so than Matt... but i don't think Matt is scum.
I thought Matt was saying that an early lynch of one (either) of them could alleviate confusion on the flip. That seems Town, to me. But I also understand how MZ misunderstood what he was saying.
What I don't get.. is that if Mattshizzle was scum, and he was trying to get the lynch of them both, he'd be taking the chance that he'd be lynched first and turn up as scum. So, it'd be a gamble for him.. which does make me think he's town as well.

Amok - what are your thoughts on others?

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:36 am

Gonzo wrote:You do seem to be excusing yourself a lot in this game amok... I will be looking at your posts closer because you a really starting to over do it. Especially when you entered the game promising to be less kind than usual...
who are your other suspects gonzo?

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 am

I am actually becoming more suspicious of amok as I read from her. I think she looks worse than, mantis.

##unvote mantis##

##vote amok##

Magicziggy

Venture Bros: day 2

Post by Magicziggy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:47 am

Gonzo. Look at your role pm. Confirm you are the other blocker.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:53 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
Gonzo wrote:You do seem to be excusing yourself a lot in this game amok... I will be looking at your posts closer because you a really starting to over do it. Especially when you entered the game promising to be less kind than usual...
who are your other suspects gonzo?
It's hard not to just list everyone, honestly. I wish I had more time to sit here and analyze the hell out of this game because it is so fresh and interesting. I have many suspects, some are more suss than others.

SCUMMY
charlou/aza - strange, no explanation subbing. I think charlou's post need to be looked at closely and aza HAS to post more. I want to see if he is picking up where he left off or if he's decided to go in a new direction suddenly. Right now I am really cautious of him.

andrewclunn - Special hunting this whole god damn game. Definitely a candidate for a future lynch.

Feck - not nearly as active as usual when he is town.

Amok - her whole game is off. She isn't scumhunting, really, just posting. Seemingly disingenuous.

MattShizzle - same old shizz, who knows? After Old West mafia, he should be lynched for inactivity because as scum it gets him through the game to victory and as town it just fucks us up.

Mantisdreamz - feeling better about her (you) after being pressured today. You haven't flailed, which is good.

gib - Not being greatly helpful as he usually is as town, then again, he does seemed to be doing that triangulate thing, such as with amok, but I have my doubts about her.

TOWNISH
MZ - role blocker and I am convinced is town

Don't Panic - playing good from my view. Pro-town.

irretating - I think I can spot irre's scum game better than anyone else's, but usually not before it's too late. XD She seems like town irre and she is doing a lot of good scumhunting. I agree with her more than I don't.

Zig - I feel the same about as irre, pretty much. I think I know his scum game, this isn't it. I agree with him mostly and he seems to be scumhunting.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:55 am

Confirmed that I am A (as in one) role blocker. I do not confirm that I am the OTHER role blocker. That's an important distinction. I can block only on certain numbered nights. My role pm does not say their is a second role blocker, so I do wonder how you made that assumption MZ. Why did you think there were two blockers?

amok

Post by amok » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

[quote="Gonzo"]You do seem to be excusing yourself a lot in this game amok... I will be looking at your posts closer because you a really starting to over do it. Especially when you entered the game promising to be less kind than usual...[/quo

The "less kind, less gentle" was just a bad joke. I was suggesting I was going to play a bit differently, a bit less - what's the right word? driven? - because I had just taken a really hard fall in another game, and how stupid is that? To be that involved? I know now that I can only play well using my original method of concentrating hard, which I haven't done here yet. But I need to find a balance. Playing fewer games is the answer, but what's done is done. I'll play as well as I can in this game, and then take more time between games.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

Meh. I don't get a strong scum vibe from amok. I also don't want to lynch Aza while he's not around to defend himself. Gonzo just outed but tbh I don't like the idea of two half blockers, it seems pretty lame.

I'm still for a mantis lynch.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

Gonzo: do you block even or odd nights?