MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Tactical Espionage Action (GAME)

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Magicziggy

MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Post Game

Post by Magicziggy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Amok was MVP from my pov. She provided a neat cover for herself without putting herself in danger of the lynch. At the crucial moment she blocked the right player and outed that info. I think Andrew did a fine job as well.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Uselesstwit wrote:oh and no one let irre see that pic of me.
Makes note :plot:

gib
stone soup vendor

Re: MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Post Game

Post by gib » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

andrewclunn wrote:
gib wrote:let's get one thing clear - i think you were town's MVP this game
I disagree. The only things I did were push hard on MZ and collect all the info into an easy list for town to view. Amok figured out why Zigman's claim was cover for Snake, and he and Charlou stopped there from being a night kill night 3. I think there was no clear MVP.
we'll agree to disagree

so will you be playing again here?

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 pm

oblivion wrote:
gib wrote:
oblivion wrote:it was a fun game to watch.
do you think the game andrew is used to is vastly different from the proper version we play on here and TR?
I didn't look at his link. guess I ought to do that.
report back, exec summary will do fine!

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Irre, am I correct that you had to pull out of the game because someone accidentally posted a spoiler for this game on the writeboard of another game?
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Zig, why on Earth did you nk gib? Didn't help you in the slightest to do so.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 pm

b.ternarius referenced the scum board for this game on the zombie board for Jerome's Own Gay Mafia or whatever and Adenosine and Irre both ended up reading it. Irre knew Adenosine was town after she read it, but it was okay because Adenosine died that night. She said it distracted her for the rest of the game and hence wished to quit playing and be subbed. I didn't want a sub that late into the game, though.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 pm

gib wrote:so will you be playing again here?
Yes, but not until I finish modding my present game over at the SGU.
Nobody expects me...

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 pm

MattShizzle wrote:Zig, why on Earth did you nk gib? Didn't help you in the slightest to do so.
I was hoping to cast suspicion on the outed specials, and I couldn't risk missing a kill. I figured Gib would not be protected and that he could really hurt me in the endgame, if it came to it.
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Gonzo wrote:b.ternarius referenced the scum board for this game on the zombie board for Jerome's Own Gay Mafia or whatever and Adenosine and Irre both ended up reading it. Irre knew Adenosine was town after she read it, but it was okay because Adenosine died that night. She said it distracted her for the rest of the game and hence wished to quit playing and be subbed. I didn't want a sub that late into the game, though.
This. I could not know whether the day 1 play was impacted, and it distracted me badly.

My 'error' was only in my recall of timings of mine and andrew's posts, BTW. As town, it was perfectly understandable to have suspicions of Andrew (semi out can be scum fake) BUT my point that charlou missed was, if I were scum it was bleedingly obvious that Andrew was a legit special. Charlou's case on me was a non case as far as I'm concerned. My ongoing distraction came to a head over being accused of lying.

What happens in a game stays in a game :)

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:47 pm

I have to say I was rather surprised at the fact Zigmen went for the fake death gambit so early in the game. I think that was a dangerous move from the start. b.ternarius wrote her own death wish with the slip-up in front of Adenosine who lead the bandwagon against her. Aza did a pretty awesome job as the traitor and played a smart game. If the scum thought he was who he was, instead of keeping amok around because they thought she could be the traitor, things could have worked out better for the scum team. Luckilly for the town, amok's research generated some helpful WIFOM that preserved a special and killed a scum player. Magic Ziggy also played an outstanding game, as always. Actually I think he is one of the best mafia players I've seen play... definitely in the top ten with Nightson and Zigmen. gib should be added to that list, too, because in the games I've hosted where he was a special of any kind, he's made awesome choices for targets - almost like he can tell what everyone's role is already. Overall, I think the town did an amazing job though I hope gib's role didn't give them extra and unfair help. That was gib's choice of play to try to win with the town, though, not because of game design. His role itself was very nuetral and I really didn't see him getting killed off after deciding to go for a pro-town win. Either way, I am glad he was added in and think it was hilarious.

I am considering a redux of this game for :ff: someday. I think it went very well and there are a few things that could be tweaked for it to work out without any glitches. I am also toying with the idea of doing another MGS mafia here because this one was so much fun. I feel like I could have done better to tell the story and incorporate themes of the game. It's a bit of shame to me that I did not implement some sort of camouflage system for Snake, but I felt it would only over complicate the game and take away from the fun of mafia so I didn't bother to think about it. Overall, a very fun experience and I love you guys. :)
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Sorry gonzo and players, for withdrawing from the game :pardon:

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Zigmen wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:Zig, why on Earth did you nk gib? Didn't help you in the slightest to do so.
I was hoping to cast suspicion on the outed specials, and I couldn't risk missing a kill. I figured Gib would not be protected and that he could really hurt me in the endgame, if it came to it.
That was very clever strategy.

My decision to block gib could have been my undoing. It made people suspicious of me, but to be fair (and I was going to point it out if I was going to be lynched), that the remarks about "agreeing" to use gib to protect andrew were incorrect. I never agreed to that.
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:02 pm

amok wrote:
Zigmen wrote:
That was very clever strategy.

My decision to block gib could have been my undoing. It made people suspicious of me, but to be fair (and I was going to point it out if I was going to be lynched), that the remarks about "agreeing" to use gib to protect andrew were incorrect. I never agreed to that.
the agreement was between the lines, hard to explain

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:05 pm

irretating wrote:
oblivion wrote:
gib wrote:
oblivion wrote:it was a fun game to watch.
do you think the game andrew is used to is vastly different from the proper version we play on here and TR?
I didn't look at his link. guess I ought to do that.
report back, exec summary will do fine!
63 pages and they're on day 3!

I'm not sure I care enough.

andrew, are the games timed or untimed? is the lynch automatic once a majority is reached, or does whoever is ahead on votes get lynched at a pre-set nightfall?

Reading the first 4-5 pages, I'm getting the sense that the games at SGU may follow the mafiascum.net game format, at least somewhat.

and what's that with a limited number of name claims and role claims per day? Is it to prevent a mass-out on day 1 or something?