MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Tactical Espionage Action (GAME)

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Gonzo
For Sheriff

MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Tactical Espionage Action (GAME)

Post by Gonzo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:29 am

THE ROSTER:
01 Amok
02 andrewclunn
03 Athene
04 Azathoth
05 b.ternarius
06 charlou
07 DP
08 Feck
09 Irre
10 ksen
11 MagicZiggy
12 MattShizzle
13 UselessTwit
14 Zigmen

Also featuring - Adenosine, Contra, and gib

Game Mechanics and Rules:
01. Do not talk about MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia gameplay outside of this thread unless you are otherwise allowed to.
02. Do not quote anything you receive from me in PMs.
03. Do not edit or delete any posts.
04. Here is the Peanut Gallery: (http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=32671). Post no information within the gallery that may alter the outcome of the game.
05. All flavor and characters used are from the 2004 video game Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
06. If you have Questions about your role: PM me
07. Bold your lynch votes in black ). Mayor votes should be bolded in blue.
08. The mayor you elect will have a weighted vote of 1.5 value in the event of a tie at NIGHTFALL.
09. Each Day will run for roughly 24 hours, each Night for roughly 12 hours. Night chat is allowed. The first day will run roughly 48 hours.
10. FOXHOUND aligned players are 'scum'. GRU aligned players are 'town'.
11. The order of night actions will be:
Block
Protect
Kill
View

THE ROLES:

Everyone got a PM something like this:
IDENTITY - ALIGNMENT - ROLE - NIGHT ACTIONS

Description
This is the first part of the townie PM::
You are this games equivalent to a townie. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

THE SETTING:

Metal Gear Solid 3 is set during the Cold War in 1964, where a CIA agent, codenamed "Naked Snake", is sent to the jungles of Tselinoyarsk, in the USSR. Aided over radio by Major Zero, Para-Medic, and his former mentor The Boss, his mission is to rescue a defecting Soviet scientist named Sokolov who is secretly developing an advanced nuclear-equipped tank called the "Shagohod". The mission goes smoothly until The Boss defects and provides her new benefactor, Colonel Volgin, with two Davy Crockett miniature nuclear shells. Sokolov is captured by Cobra Unit and Snake is heavily injured in combat by The Boss, allowing Volgin and his cohorts to escape with Sokolov. Volgin detonates one of the nuclear shells to cover up its theft, which is subsequently blamed on The Boss.

Having detected the U.S. aircraft which deployed Snake flying over Soviet soil, the Soviet Union declares the United States responsible for the nuclear attack, tipping both nations to the edge of a nuclear war. In a secret conference between U.S. President Lyndon Johnson and Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, a deal is hatched to prove the U.S.'s innocence and restore peace. The United States agrees to stop Volgin's renegade faction, destroy the stolen Shagohod and eliminate the American defector, The Boss.

One week after being rescued from the region, Snake has been redeployed into the Soviet jungle as part of "Operation: Snake Eater", to fulfill the United States' promises. During the mission, he will have the assistance of another American defector, who defected a few years earlier. Your mission is to eliminate 'Naked Snake' and the traitor who is playing both sides of the fence as well as any other threats to the Soviet Union's national security.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Re: MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Tactical Espionage Action DAY

Post by Gonzo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 am

So I posted a role pm in the Peanut Gallery on accident which has been removed since. If you have read it, you can share the information you read in this thread if you want. That's entirely up to you.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:47 am

Let me know if you didn't get a PM. Have a good game, all.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:16 am

Hello Gonzo, everyone.

No mayor in this one?
no fences

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:25 am

Can somebody explain to me what the peanut gallery is? That's a mechanic that hasn't existed in mafia games I've played on other forums.
Nobody expects me...

Magicziggy

MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Tactical Espionage Action DAY 1

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:29 am

I saw the post from gonzo. It was a scum aligned traitor role. I didn't read the details except I remember the character name. I'm going to look it up.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:30 am

andrewclunn wrote:Can somebody explain to me what the peanut gallery is? That's a mechanic that hasn't existed in mafia games I've played on other forums.
it's a chill out area and not part of the game.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:31 am

charlou wrote:Hello Gonzo, everyone.

No mayor in this one?
it dies say the mayor has 1.5 votes.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:32 am

andrewclunn wrote:Can somebody explain to me what the peanut gallery is? That's a mechanic that hasn't existed in mafia games I've played on other forums.
It's for chat that doesn't affect the game, for players and non-players. Strictly no game influencing comments allowed in that thread. So, basically things like :fp: after you're killed, or a :pop: from an interested spectator .. that kind of thing.
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:33 am

Magicziggy wrote:
charlou wrote:Hello Gonzo, everyone.

No mayor in this one?
it dies say the mayor has 1.5 votes.
Ah, missed that. I'll go read the OP again.
no fences

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:59 am

So MZ there's a traitor role in this game? Good to know.

Hi guys.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:07 am

Hi and bye. It's late, I'm streaming snot and I'm going to bed. See you all tomorrow
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:08 am

Azathoth wrote:Hi and bye. It's late, I'm streaming snot and I'm going to bed. See you all tomorrow
vote Azathoth!

No just kidding,, night.

unvote
Nobody expects me...

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:14 am

irretating wrote:So MZ there's a traitor role in this game? Good to know.

Hi guys.
not sure if there's any advantage to town in knowing that, because now scum will know as well. Maybe I should have thought that through. Anyone could have seen it though. Maybe I was the only one. The character name is probably irrelavent. Although a check shows definitely scum aligned.

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33 am

I missed the window to see the erroneously posted post, but I'm not too worried, because I assume it will be revealed as the game progresses.

Anyway, the reason I missed my chance on that - and I'm going to have to apologize here and now to everyone in the universe who I've though was slightly lame for playing video games - was because I engrossed in reading about Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater. I personally still wouldn't be interested in playing it as a video game, because I assume I don't have fast reflexes required, but the plot and theme and details are brilliant, in my opinion.

Much, much new respect, here, for video game stuff. When I discovered video games, we're talking about Pong! Ha!
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.