MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Tactical Espionage Action (GAME)

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Re: MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Post Game

Post by irretating » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks, amok! Yes sometimes I get rock solid reads. Apart from when I trolley track (which I'm making inroads into stopping that) I go wrong when I do a meta about "oh as scum I don't think s/he would post that." That's where I went wrong with b.tern; I thought her flop vote on MZ was sooooooo obvious that she couldn't be scum. Clearly I was wrong.

I've seen feck's game so often now that there are things that he won't do as scum (of course now I have to amend that, because we all know he's evil and he'll change things up). Same with DP, he's a player often lynched early, so I think his VT game shows through because he's not worried about staying alive particularly.

Zigmen is harder to spot, though a listing of players where they were nearly all scummy really was weird. Aza IMO was being a bit nicer than he normally is so he did stand out. MZ's game was IMO very different to the prior game... without that direct comparison he'd be harder to spot.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:19 pm

did you read me ok irre?

what did you think i was doing when i said 'not so zen now irre'

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:27 am

gib wrote:did you read me ok irre?

I didn't have a strong town read on you. Makes sense you were indie.

I think you were

a) taking the piss about my newfound zenness
b) reminding me about my zen aims
c) trying to keep me on track

possibly mainly a)

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:46 am

Traitor is my new favorite role. All the fun of the scum without having to worry about what teammates are doing. You can just stomp about and look for specials :biggrin:
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 am

Azathoth wrote:Traitor is my new favorite role. All the fun of the scum without having to worry about what teammates are doing. You can just stomp about and look for specials :biggrin:
that'd be about right for you Image

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:13 am

I like town special - especially in a PM allowed game (why aren't there more?) You get to do something behind the scenes. And you can always claim if in danger of a lynch. Another role I like the idea of (and used in the Old West game but it wasn't a factor) is a town role where if lynched either the hammer vote, initial vote or both - or a random voter for the lynchee or they get to choose one die with them.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:17 am

MattShizzle wrote:I like town special - especially in a PM allowed game (why aren't there more?) You get to do something behind the scenes. And you can always claim if in danger of a lynch.
In a previous game I think you did a good job as vig, eliminating the miller with a post restriction wifom early in the game. Bearing in mind you didn't have the meta on me to judge my gameplay as well as the others could. So yeah, I think it was a good move on your part.
no fences

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 am

Ok, a quick wrap from my pov.

Town owned us. We never got out of the blocks.
In spite of a lot of wifom and potential trip ups with flavour, the scum hunting was very good to put us on the back foot from day one.

Special mentions to Amok (MVP) and Andrew for their contributions to town's win, but also to Irre, charlou and UT for severely hard work of the type I didn't have the energy to match.
Gib had a tall ask and was very much a town asset. Contra, you were my trolley track target for no other reason than you seemed to have some doubt on you. You too did a fine job of countering that. Matt, I think that was a very solid game and I think I would have believed you were town.

To my scum mates, B.tern, zigmen and aza, let's not be disheartened, although I say that in the sound knowledge that I will never be scum again.

To gonzo; well done on an imaginative game that was fun to play.

(I did see the traitor card flip as I stated. The only information I witheld was that it had a safe claim. I couldn't remember who it was anyway)

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:26 am

Magicziggy wrote:To my scum mates, B.tern, zigmen and aza, let's not be disheartened, although I say that in the sound knowledge that I will never be scum again.
Is this wishful thinking (a joke), or a statement that you don't plan to play any more?

I'd miss you in the game if it's the latter, MZ.
no fences

Magicziggy

MGS3: Snake Eater Mafia - Post Game

Post by Magicziggy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:33 am

charlou wrote:
Magicziggy wrote:To my scum mates, B.tern, zigmen and aza, let's not be disheartened, although I say that in the sound knowledge that I will never be scum again.
Is this wishful thinking (a joke), or a statement that you don't plan to play any more?

I'd miss you in the game if it's the latter, MZ.
I'm never scum. It's a state of mind ;)
Of course I'm playing again. :)

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 am

MattShizzle wrote:I like town special - especially in a PM allowed game (why aren't there more?) You get to do something behind the scenes. And you can always claim if in danger of a lynch. Another role I like the idea of (and used in the Old West game but it wasn't a factor) is a town role where if lynched either the hammer vote, initial vote or both - or a random voter for the lynchee or they get to choose one die with them.

almost all the games at ratskep are pm allowed. you might try over there sometime.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:48 am

irretating wrote:
gib wrote:did you read me ok irre?

I didn't have a strong town read on you. Makes sense you were indie.

I think you were

a) taking the piss about my newfound zenness
b) reminding me about my zen aims
c) trying to keep me on track

possibly mainly a)
mainly b & c but a works

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 am

Magicziggy wrote:Ok, a quick wrap from my pov.

Town owned us. We never got out of the blocks.
In spite of a lot of wifom and potential trip ups with flavour, the scum hunting was very good to put us on the back foot from day one.

Special mentions to Amok (MVP) and Andrew for their contributions to town's win, but also to Irre, charlou and UT for severely hard work of the type I didn't have the energy to match.
Gib had a tall ask and was very much a town asset. Contra, you were my trolley track target for no other reason than you seemed to have some doubt on you. You too did a fine job of countering that. Matt, I think that was a very solid game and I think I would have believed you were town.

To my scum mates, B.tern, zigmen and aza, let's not be disheartened, although I say that in the sound knowledge that I will never be scum again.

To gonzo; well done on an imaginative game that was fun to play.

(I did see the traitor card flip as I stated. The only information I witheld was that it had a safe claim. I couldn't remember who it was anyway)
scum had a tough job this game, you guys did what you could

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 am

MattShizzle wrote:I like town special - especially in a PM allowed game (why aren't there more?) You get to do something behind the scenes. And you can always claim if in danger of a lynch. Another role I like the idea of (and used in the Old West game but it wasn't a factor) is a town role where if lynched either the hammer vote, initial vote or both - or a random voter for the lynchee or they get to choose one die with them.
ah yes, the Vengeful Townie http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... %28role%29

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:32 pm

:drool:
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.