Old West Mafia game thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Magicziggy

Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:03 am

Zigmen wrote:Serious question to you all:

I know I played wildly and suspiciously. I think we gained some benefits and some deficits as a result.

Would you guys prefer i tone back down to normal levels and not be so distracting?
No. What works works. You run the risk of being lynched as town. But it does generate discussion. At the end you did show good judgement.

Mantisdreamz

Re: Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:33 am

Brutal! Zig, you mentioned your game. You seem to be more assertive... and i saw this in the last tr game. Its what made me think u were town in that game. So no i dont think its a bad t. hing. Town did really well. It was the clearing of 4 players that essentially screwed things for us! Well one of the reasons..... :)

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:35 am

Thanks matt :)

Magicziggy

Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:43 am

r.c wrote:Good game Matt :td:

I was going to NK DP yesterday but finally decided against it. If DP turned out town, I would have been a lynch target and would have had to reveal my role.
Should've taken him out. Total Wipeout on night 2 would have stood forever.

Magicziggy

Old West Mafia Day 3

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:45 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:Brutal! Zig, you mentioned your game. You seem to be more assertive... and i saw this in the last tr game. Its what made me think u were town in that game. So no i dont think its a bad t. hing. Town did really well. It was the clearing of 4 players that essentially screwed things for us! Well one of the reasons..... :)
Tough gig to be scum in that game.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 am

Fun game. Always satisfied with Rationalia mafia.

I was the doc, protected irre night one and magicziggy night two.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

JEROME DA GNOME

Post by JEROME DA GNOME » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:56 am

Zigmen wrote: Why did you put your vote on Irre?
I figured scum might be desperate to jump on a wagon considering the size of the game and they had already lost a player. To be honest I don't know why I try stuff like that, players don't follow me even if I am correct with my suspicions.
"What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way."

JEROME DA GNOME

Post by JEROME DA GNOME » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:02 pm

I know I played wildly and suspiciously. I think we gained some benefits and some deficits as a result.

Would you guys prefer i tone back down to normal levels and not be so distracting?
Actually I was leaning Town on you when I Voted you, again I try weird things. It was such a small game that I thought we could either learn a great deal about the players on Day 1 based upon their reaction to your play, or best case you were Scum trying a crazy gambit. Town usually mis-lynched Day 1 anyways.

Btw, what is your handle at TR?
"What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way."

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:02 pm

JEROME DA GNOME wrote:

Actually I was leaning Town on you when I Voted you, again I try weird things. It was such a small game that I thought we could either learn a great deal about the players on Day 1 based upon their reaction to your play, or best case you were Scum trying a crazy gambit. Town usually mis-lynched Day 1 anyways.

Btw, what is your handle at TR?
I'm DeanM
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm

hey scum, thanks for killing me night1 so i didn't have to read any more of zigmen's pompous posts!

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:11 pm

gib wrote:hey scum, thanks for killing me night1 so i didn't have to read any more of zigmen's pompous posts!
I'll tone it back a bit/

Sorry to make the game unenjoyable for you/
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:50 pm

i'm kidding dean

well u were a bit full on

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:55 pm

gib wrote:i'm kidding dean

hehe

I was thinking that irre was going to be protected 1st night, so went with you.

I wish I had more time for the game, but I have a feeling that might not have helped! Town were pretty good with their reads of each other and after ksen died, I think just about everyone had DP and myself on the top of their lists

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
gib wrote:i'm kidding dean

hehe

I was thinking that irre was going to be protected 1st night, so went with you.

I wish I had more time for the game, but I have a feeling that might not have helped! Town were pretty good with their reads of each other and after ksen died, I think just about everyone had DP and myself on the top of their lists

good choice, you would have been my pick for day 2 lynch

ksen

Post by ksen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Did I win!?