Hitman: Blood Money Mafia - A Dance With The Devil

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

oblivion
Noble Savage

Re: Hitman: Blood Money Mafia - Post Game

Post by oblivion » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:55 pm

MattShizzle wrote:I do think the posting too much is harmful to town. Even if someone is willing to read like 8 pages when they first wake up it's very likely something will be missed in the clutter. Especially when it's mostly back and forth bickering between 2 or 3 people.
bailing on the game and not posting at all for several days is extremely harmful to town.

The SG 1 game will have a minimum participation requirement, though it shouldn't be necessary.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:57 pm

oblivion wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:I do think the posting too much is harmful to town. Even if someone is willing to read like 8 pages when they first wake up it's very likely something will be missed in the clutter. Especially when it's mostly back and forth bickering between 2 or 3 people.
bailing on the game and not posting at all for several days is extremely harmful to town.

The SG 1 game will have a minimum participation requirement, though it shouldn't be necessary.
^^^This.
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 pm

And I still luv Linus. :swoon:
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

amok
About me: Bearer of bad news.

Post by amok » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 am

I'm sorry about my part in the Diva-Oblivion PM thing. I honestly didn't have a clue that we could PM game mods with questions like that. It's very helpful to know (though that's a bitter way to learn it).

Linus's dignified final few posts helped me refocus and play in the way that's best suited to my personality (and not be so obsessed with the possibility of being wrong). Gib's encouragement (even though I still don't know if he thought I was Town or Scum at those points - ha!) also helped me get from one point to the next. I'd like to apologize again to RC for thinking he was Scum for the simple reason that he was seeing things correctly. It wasn't until I remembered how impressive he was in the RatSkep US vs THEM game that I could shake the cobwebs from my head about that.

MagicZiggy was amazing! And so was the rest of the Scum team. Contra, I have renewed respect for you (having read it was your first game as a bad guy), because I've just finished playing my first game as Scum (on RatSkep) and I found it really, really hard. I didn't do nearly as well as you! I learned a lot from reading Charlou's excellent blog, and also enjoyed it for the sheer elegance of the writing and just the very idea of it at all. Bravo!

Finally, thanks again Gonzo. It was an excellent game, warts and all!
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

gib
stone soup vendor

Post by gib » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 pm

amok wrote:I'm sorry about my part in the Diva-Oblivion PM thing. I honestly didn't have a clue that we could PM game mods with questions like that. It's very helpful to know (though that's a bitter way to learn it).

Linus's dignified final few posts helped me refocus and play in the way that's best suited to my personality (and not be so obsessed with the possibility of being wrong). Gib's encouragement (even though I still don't know if he thought I was Town or Scum at those points - ha!) also helped me get from one point to the next. I'd like to apologize again to RC for thinking he was Scum for the simple reason that he was seeing things correctly. It wasn't until I remembered how impressive he was in the RatSkep US vs THEM game that I could shake the cobwebs from my head about that.

MagicZiggy was amazing! And so was the rest of the Scum team. Contra, I have renewed respect for you (having read it was your first game as a bad guy), because I've just finished playing my first game as Scum (on RatSkep) and I found it really, really hard. I didn't do nearly as well as you! I learned a lot from reading Charlou's excellent blog, and also enjoyed it for the sheer elegance of the writing and just the very idea of it at all. Bravo!

Finally, thanks again Gonzo. It was an excellent game, warts and all!
Town. As a vanilla townie i play it pretty straight and don't do much in the way of gambits.

What's this about Charlou's blog?

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 pm

oblivion wrote:

If you don't post you get lynched . I just had to try and read 4 days of posts on TR (god how they talk ) BUT not posting because you are vanilla town is shit ! It allows scum to hide If the ethos of the game becomes lynch non posters asap (didn't we do that before? )then all the better .

I was not happy to be subbed in to a complicated game with 38 players just because a vanilla town player didn't want to play as soon as he read his (lack of )role PM esp as he still wanted to post elsewhere on the forum .It fucks the game and some players are invested in the game nevermind the GMs who we all depend on for their time and effort
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Magicziggy

Re: Hitman: Blood Money Mafia - A Dance With The Devil

Post by Magicziggy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:12 am

:this:

well the bit about lynching non posters at least.