Starfleet Mafia

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Starfleet Mafia

Post by irretating » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 am

Bored, and googling 'gandalf' are you?

gandalf

Re: Starfleet Mafia

Post by gandalf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:34 am

no im using ur forum search engine

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:34 am

gandalf wrote:
Zigmen wrote:
oblivion wrote:
divagreen wrote:Is that....?
It's not gandalf. gandalf registered here as gandalf.
Also, Gandalf would be given the role of "The body" and summarily executed on night zero in any game i host, here.

TR is a better forum for his shenanigans.
rofl tell us wat u rly think dean

eta i mean inspect0r butthurt
u r a legend in ur own time gandalf.

gandalf

Post by gandalf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:36 am

divagreen wrote:Does this mean you are going to start playing here. If not, STFU.
how rude :(

i thot retardalienz have rly strict rules abt being nice to pplz

gandalf

Post by gandalf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:37 am

oblivion wrote:
gandalf wrote:
Zigmen wrote:
oblivion wrote:
divagreen wrote:Is that....?
It's not gandalf. gandalf registered here as gandalf.
Also, Gandalf would be given the role of "The body" and summarily executed on night zero in any game i host, here.

lol ur sigbet was x-forum too? noob.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:43 am

gandalf wrote:
oblivion wrote:
gandalf wrote:
Zigmen wrote: Also, Gandalf would be given the role of "The body" and summarily executed on night zero in any game i host, here.

lol ur sigbet was x-forum too? noob.
I tried to drive a steak thru the heart of sigbets and return them to wifom where they rightfully belong. anyone who ever bets me that I'm not scum again is retarded. there is only one answer to that bet. all chips shoved to the center of the table.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:57 am

So Raven isn't so meek and humble with that win after all. Keep her talking Gandy.
Currently suffers from Cassandra's curse.

gandalf

Post by gandalf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 am

divagreen wrote:Gandy.
reported 4 personal harassment

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 am

divagreen wrote:So Raven isn't so meek and humble with that win after all. Keep her talking Gandy.
I am not humble about the sig bet. there was only one answer to it. anything else was an admission of being scum.

I thought it was really odd that you didn't see how you had turned the bet around and made it useless as a lens for finding scum. maybe some people care more about their sigs than about winning a game they had already invested months in.

gandalf

Post by gandalf » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:20 am

boy u grrrlz sure go for each other way better here than at tr mebbe i'll log in again

in about 6 mths

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:31 am

gandalf wrote:boy u grrrlz sure go for each other way better here than at tr mebbe i'll log in again

in about 6 mths
my next game is going to be based on Imagica. You know you want to play.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:45 am

oblivion wrote:
divagreen wrote:So Raven isn't so meek and humble with that win after all. Keep her talking Gandy.
I am not humble about the sig bet. there was only one answer to it. anything else was an admission of being scum.

I thought it was really odd that you didn't see how you had turned the bet around and made it useless as a lens for finding scum. maybe some people care more about their sigs than about winning a game they had already invested months in.
Did I just get bitch slapped?

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:50 am

divagreen wrote:
oblivion wrote:

Did I just get bitch slapped?
do you see what I am getting at?

the majority of sigbets (including the ones that I have advanced) were of the form "are you willing to bet that you are wrong about my alignment?" They play on the understandable unsureness another non-scum player will have about a town player's alignment. There's a slight chance of catching out a scum player who won't risk their sig on a sucker bet, but even town players who aren't dead sure of their reads will heistate.

a sigbet of the form "I will bet that I am right about your alignment" puts all uncertainty on the player advancing the bet. The player being asked to accept the bet knows for certain whether he/she will lose the bet or not. So the bet itself is meaningless. The only question on that player's mind is whether they'll take the bet, knowing they will lose, to advance another goal.

divagreen

Post by divagreen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 am

I hope that you have noticed I learned my lesson from that. I am assuming this diatribe is for other players and not myself.

I made a mess of that game tbh. I wish I would have made myself more likable. I wanted to kill myself after having to go through days after days of having to fend off a lynch, get the SK to out so I could recruit him and dodge a scum NK.

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 am

diva it's not a diatribe. I know that you learned that I would accept a bet like that without hesitation, no matter what my alignment. the only thing I quibbled about was the amount of your skin you were hypothetically putting in the game if you didn't continue posting at FF.

But, I was not sure if you understood why the bet wasn't a good scum-flinch test.