Reservoir Dogs Mafia Game thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Reservoir Dogs Mafia Game thread

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 5:42 am

THE ROSTER:
01. Adenosine
02. Animavore
03. Athene
04. Azathoth
05. charlou
06. Denny
07. Divagreen
08. Feck
09. Irre
10. ksen
11. Linus
12. Mantis
13. praying
14. Zigmen

Game Mechanics and Rules:
01. Do not talk about Reservoir Dogs Mafia gameplay outside of this thread unless you are otherwise allowed to.
02. Do not quote anything you receive from me in PMs.
03. Do not edit or delete any posts.
04. Here is the Peanut Gallery: (http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=27078). Post no information within the gallery that may alter the outcome of the game.
05. If you have Questions about your role: PM me
06. DO NOT MAKE A CLAIM TO YOUR IDENTITY. If you make a claim, you are only allowed to claim your alignment or role. (ex. That means you are allowed to say 'I am a townie and the Seer', but not allowed to say 'I am Mr. Black') Deviation from this rule may result in a mod kill and jeopordize a win for your team.
07. Bold your lynch votes in black (ex. vote Gonzo ). Mayor votes should be bolded in blue (ex. vote Gonzo)
08. Each Day will run for roughly 24 hours, each Night for roughly 12 hours. Night chat is allowed.
09. Roles were selected at random. Win conditions and night actions vary.
10. All flavor and characters used are from Quentin Tarantino's debut 1992 film Reservoir Dogs. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservoir_Dogs)
11. One player in this game is equipped with a briefcase of diamonds. It is in the town's interest to keep the case within the town's possession for the entirety of the game.
12. The mayor you elect will have a weighted vote of 1.5 value in the event of a tie at NIGHTFALL. They will also be in charge of searching the corpse of any lynched players for the briefcase of diamonds and will take it into their personal possession should they retrieve it. If the holder of the diamonds is killed rather than lynched, the killer will take the briefcase.
13. The order of night actions will be
Pass
Block
Protect
Kill
View

I will neither confirm or deny that these actions are possible nor that all have been listed. Certain actions could prove to be untrustworthy.

Thanks for playing and have fun.

THE ROLES:

Everyone got a PM something like this:
IDENTITY - ALIGNMENT - ROLE - NIGHT ACTIONS

Description
This is the first part of the townie PM::
You are this games equivalent to a townie. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

THE SETTING:

Gangster Joe Cabot and his son, Nice Guy Eddie, have organized a team of anonymous criminals of whom have agreed to take part in bank heist whereas each robber will take a share of the stolen diamonds. Each has been given an alias in which corresponds with a color that will be used within this operation to keep their individual identities secret. There is Mr. Blonde, Mr. Pink, Mr. White, Mr. Orange, Mr. Brown, and Mr. Blue. When the operation goes underway, however, the police arrive almost instantaneously as it becomes apparent that the entire diamond heist was a set-up from the start and Cabot's plans are completely botched. In the midst of a gun fight with the LAPD, the band of theives is seperated as each makes a seperate getaway to rendevous back at the meeting place of an abandoned warehouse nearby. Luckilly, Mr. Pink has made off with the stolen diamonds in his possession. Unfortunately, one of you aren't who he says he is. Among you is a police informant who must be killed.

Adenosine

Re: Reservoir Dogs Mafia - Day 1

Post by Adenosine » Mon May 23, 2011 5:55 am

Briefcase of diamonds. Awesome flavour G.

vote diva

If she's scum she'll give herself away, if she's town she'll play a strong game. :D
Ignore me, I'm just here for the Mafia.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon May 23, 2011 7:00 am

So the good guys are the bad guys in this game? Cool.

vote Aza because he should be viewed.

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Mon May 23, 2011 7:09 am

Hey guys,

ok - I will go with vote Diva
agreed with you Aden, that she's a strong town player - and also should be viewed if scum.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 am

Morning people

vote feck
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 10:06 am

MAYOR
01. Adenosine
02. Athene
03. Azathoth [1] Irre
04. charlou
05. Denny
06. Divagreen [2] Adenosine, Mantis
07. Feck [1] Aza
08. Irre
09. ksen
10. Linus
11. Mantis
12. praying
13. Zigmen
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 23, 2011 10:32 am

:tears: I thought I put in for this?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 10:35 am

Oh I wasn't sure. No problem. You're in then... let me do some quick figurin' on the balance and get you a role... :tup:
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 23, 2011 10:37 am

:awesome:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:05 am

Ani's alignment was decided by a coin flip. He is now in the game.

Adenosine

Post by Adenosine » Mon May 23, 2011 11:06 am

vote Animavore

50:50 I get scum. :P

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 23, 2011 11:07 am

:woot:

Adenosine

Post by Adenosine » Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 am

G, can you add Ani to the OP?

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:10 am

No.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2011 11:12 am

LYNCHEE
01. Adenosine
02. Animavore [1] Adenosine
03. Athene
04. Azathoth
05. charlou
06. Denny
07. Divagreen
08. Feck
09. Irre
10. ksen
11. Linus
12. Mantis
13. praying
14. Zigmen

MAYOR
01. Adenosine
02. Animavore
03. Athene
04. Azathoth [1] Irre
05. charlou
06. Denny
07. Divagreen [2] Adenosine, Mantis
08. Feck [1] Aza
09. Irre
10. ksen
11. Linus
12. Mantis
13. praying
14. Zigmen