Tarot Mafia: Days 1 - 7 archive

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Re: Tarot Mafia: Days 1 - 7 archive

Post by irretating » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:11 am

'twas a fun game! I was laughing out loud when I was reading about people analysing my posts (after I'd been lynched) to see who the other scum were :hehe:

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:23 am

Great game oblivion. Well played scum.
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Zigmen

Post by Zigmen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 am

Grats scum!

Thanks for hosting, Oblivion!!!
~Three of a Perfect Pair~

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:18 am

irretating wrote:'twas a fun game! I was laughing out loud when I was reading about people analysing my posts (after I'd been lynched) to see who the other scum were :hehe:
Yes. This is :fp:
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Hey! You scummy lot called me a pain! :D

You guys played really well.

I was thinking of asking everyone to tell what their sprinkles were, would that have helped us or hurt us? I guess scum could have lied. Or maybe everyone was told they would have some power, but not what or when like me.
Badass Elf

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm

That's how it worked. No one knew what powers they would get or when. Including me. Before every game day I did random rolls to select 2 players to have their actions that night, and then did 2 random rolls for each of them to select the 2 actions they could choose from.

On day 1 and day 4, one of the night's active specials was lynched, so town got only 1 special action on those nights.

Two other rules were in play - no player could have more than 2 chances at a sprinkle, and night 5 was the last night for sprinkles.

From a balance perspective, 5 nights of sprinkles AND the influence cards were potentially too much.

Mantisdreamz

Re: Tarot Mafia - Day 7

Post by Mantisdreamz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Uselesstwit wrote:No, I was just blocking them like I blocked someone every night. That night I just got to block two instead of one and I had blocked you the night before. We were trying not to block any of the player people were suspicious of since we didn't want the game to end if I got lynched and people backtracked to who had been blocked. When charlou's kill was also blocked we saw an opportunity to fos the hell out of the three of them and charlou bluffed magnificently.
Ahh I see... so you weren't planning that at all.

Very well played. Dah. I'm still exasperated!

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Just read the scum thread. Yes, Charlou - it was your comment "This game is over for town. Seriously" Which is what made me feel very wary for voting you, and so, changed it. Whoops. :nono:

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:25 am

higgs2 wrote:Hey! You scummy lot called me a pain! :D
:whistle:

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:20 am

wasn't I
no fences

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:08 am

higgs2 wrote:Hey! You scummy lot called me a pain! :D

You guys played really well.

I was thinking of asking everyone to tell what their sprinkles were, would that have helped us or hurt us? I guess scum could have lied. Or maybe everyone was told they would have some power, but not what or when like me.
Like you being a pain is news.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!