Discworld Game Thread

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

MattShizzle

Re: Discworld Posgame Wrap-up

Post by MattShizzle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:35 am

I've noticed I'm much more likely to get lynched when VT than when I'm scum! So stop lynching me for stuff I do every game.
:irate:

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 am

MattShizzle wrote:I've noticed I'm much more likely to get lynched when VT than when I'm scum! So stop lynching me for stuff I do every game.
Patient: "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Stop doing that then!"

Adapt and survive.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Discworld Posgame Wrap-up

Post by Don't Panic » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:28 am

amok wrote:I think I'd have a more positive view of being Seer if I'd have "seen" anything valuable this time (my first time) - ha!

I don't like being Scum, but I do try to do as best I can when the dice rolls that way for me. I also really liked being a Town SK. But overall, my favourite role is still VT. I just find it invigorating, being totally in the dark, and having to piece together bits of the puzzle as the game goes on.
My approach to seer is to go with who I think should be viewed, not who town think, and to try to aim for players who are likely to be alive mid game, just gut feeling after that mostly.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:15 am

amok wrote:I think I'd have a more positive view of being Seer if I'd have "seen" anything valuable this time (my first time) - ha!

I don't like being Scum, but I do try to do as best I can when the dice rolls that way for me. I also really liked being a Town SK. But overall, my favourite role is still VT. I just find it invigorating, being totally in the dark, and having to piece together bits of the puzzle as the game goes on.
I like vt best too and seem to get that role more than not. It's a no pressure role, imo .. just play my best, and if I'm facing a lynch I don't really give a ratz arse because I'm no big loss.
no fences

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 am

MattShizzle wrote:I've noticed I'm much more likely to get lynched when VT than when I'm scum! So stop lynching me for stuff I do every game.
I lynch-voted you precisely because I thought pretty all your minimalistic contributions were role neutral (whereas others had made at least some contributions that could be construed as townish).

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 am

charlou wrote:

I like vt best too and seem to get that role more than not. It's a no pressure role, imo .. just play my best, and if I'm facing a lynch I don't really give a ratz arse because I'm no big loss.
Yeah, I like vanilla town too, though seer is also a nice role.

Gonzo
For Sheriff

Post by Gonzo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 am

MattShizzle wrote:Yeah I hate being VT. I always get lynched here when I am it seems. I'm just not able to talk my way out of a lynch. I do sometimes get a feeling like I did for DP that turns out right, and I was sure Gonzo was scum because whenever I'm VT the ones who really, really push to lynch me are scum - they tend to see me as an easy lynch.
You are. You were the only person who was clearly scummier than scum.
Don't go near that elevator - that's just what they want us to do... trap us in a steel box and take us down to the basement.

Magicziggy

Discworld Posgame Wrap-up

Post by Magicziggy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 am

I like being vt. My aim is always to make myself a thorough nuisance to scum and get night killed. Getting night killed means you have drawn fire away from a special.

Matt you seem to be wanting to survive. The aim is to help your team win. Not survive.

Athene

Post by Athene » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 pm

MattShizzle wrote:Yeah I hate being VT. I always get lynched here when I am it seems. I'm just not able to talk my way out of a lynch. I do sometimes get a feeling like I did for DP that turns out right, and I was sure Gonzo was scum because whenever I'm VT the ones who really, really push to lynch me are scum - they tend to see me as an easy lynch.
So you did have something to contribute. You get lynched for saying nothing or very little, why don't you just bite the bullet and post your suspicions. If it's just a gut feeling and you've got nothing concrete then it's fine to say so.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 pm

But sometimes I lterally see nothing.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Another problem is literally anything I do is seen as a scum tell. If I vote someone without giving a reason that's a scum tell. If I post something that isn't usefull that's a scumtell. If I have nothing to add so don't post that's a scum tell. So it's kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

Athene

Post by Athene » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Whose fault is that?

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:24 pm

The people who go by "generic" scum tells.

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 pm

so? when's the next game?
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

Linus

Post by Linus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Aza is next in the queue for GMing...