Miskatonic university challenge team

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

charlou
arseist

Re: Miskatonic university challenge team

Post by charlou » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:11 am

DP, if you're around tomorrow, feel free to claim town roleblocker ... but please, only do so if you're pushed with a lynch wagon on you. Feck, this goes for you too. Would be best if you agree on who is to claim it between you here, so you don't both use it and fuck up the opportunity :mrgreen:
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:07 am

Athene's just outed and asked for doc protection tonight. If we block Athene town will know the roleblocker is scum tomorrow. If we attempt to kill Athene and there's a doc with unknown identity, it's a wasted nightkill. Does a doc protect from kills only, or from blocks too?
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:25 am

A suggestion ...

If Athene views any one of us scum other than ksen, after she reveals her view, ksen could claim to have tracked that person and seen them visit Athene. Pretty sure tracking results don't include details other than who is visited, so don't add any ksen. That person would obviously then be a bus vote from the rest of us.
Last edited by charlou* on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:28 am

Another reason a whiteboard is better, esp for players who don't play hidden, is ksen could stay off the forum and not look at the game thread until one of us gives him the cue on the whiteboard that Athene's posted her view result.
no fences

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Not a mistake before you ask, feck was the don but he was unaware of it
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:30 pm

SoUt is doc,
Athene is seer,
Ob is princess.

We block ut, kill oblivion, then kill athene, she'll probably view ksen tonight so we're down to 2 by the end of next game day, but if it's a sk as opposed to vig, town should be down to manageable numbers too.
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:31 pm

charlou wrote:Athene's just outed and asked for doc protection tonight. If we block Athene town will know the roleblocker is scum tomorrow. If we attempt to kill Athene and there's a doc with unknown identity, it's a wasted nightkill. Does a doc protect from kills only, or from blocks too?
Ut outed as doc.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Post 39 from todays thread:
Uselesstwit wrote:don't factor in my request not to lynch yourself today Ob. That was an attempt to work on scum paranoia to get them to waste a kill on you last night. I really bolluxed this up, I can't protect you tonight and I think the game will be completely broken before I get another chance. Sorry everyone.
D.N.A.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Night actions.

Charlou to Block UT Final
Dp to kill oblivion final
D.N.A.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:18 pm

I didn't read that as a doc out from UT. He'd said his role was linked to ob's role and I thought he meant only her role.

But whatever.
no fences

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm off to bed .. DP feel free to claim town roleblocker if you like.
no fences

ksen

Post by ksen » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Shit, if I had known feck was don I wouldn't have voted him . . . maybe.

I also agree about liking the whiteboard better than here. Too easy to catch us out by looking at the bottom of the forum.

Feck

Post by Feck » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:41 pm

aza is EBIL !
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

ksen

Post by ksen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:09 am

Shit, i would rather have lost me than charlou.

Ok, DP what do you want to do? I'm thinking go for UT tonight thinking she probably tried to protect athene last night and will try again tonight. And then go for athene tomorrow.

Then again I'm thinking just trying for Athene for tonight and if we have to do it again tomorrow.

ksen

Post by ksen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 am

Aza, I'll kill Athene.

If DP wants to override this it's cool. I'm about to go to bed and probably won't be back until the day has started.