Blackadder mafia sign-up

Mafia Forum is visible to guests. Please note that game threads are limited to posts by players who are involved in each game. Non-player or derail posts will be moved to a gallery thread.

Moderator: Mafia Mods

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Blackadder mafia sign-up

Post by irretating » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:50 am

HERE is the sign-up for a pure mafia game on rational skepticism. It's being modded by me and sifaka. The ratskepters won't know what hit 'em, as they have to play *gasp* actual mafia... :smug:

I don't think will clash with the tarot game, as people can multi-task, and in any case start dates are not certain for either game. The Blackadder game will start when sign-up is full.

Uselesstwit

Re: Blackadder mafia sign-up

Post by Uselesstwit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:41 am

how full is full? oh who am I kidding, I'll be right there.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!

oblivion
Noble Savage

Post by oblivion » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:08 am

Pure mafia ftw.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:26 am

oblivion wrote:Pure mafia ftw.
:biggrin:

PMing will be allowed, but apart from that it's absolutely pure mafia.

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:31 am

hmm reading the convo in the game thread, am wondering about PMing.... will discuss with my co-mod...

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:36 am

hmmm ... I signed up but I might have second thoughts and pull out if you're allowing pms in that game.
no fences

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:27 am

Sorry, charlou, I discussed with sifaka, and we feel that the ratskept community might complain heaps over a no-PM game... I guess I can't go that extra step to make it 100% pure mafia, due to how people are used to playing over there. I hope you will still play there.. I know your other game wasn't the fun experience you were hoping for, but with our game design the meaningful stuff will still be in the game thread :)

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:09 am

irretating wrote:Sorry, charlou, I discussed with sifaka, and we feel that the ratskept community might complain heaps over a no-PM game... I guess I can't go that extra step to make it 100% pure mafia, due to how people are used to playing over there. I hope you will still play there.. I know your other game wasn't the fun experience you were hoping for, but with our game design the meaningful stuff will still be in the game thread :)
The zombie game was fun but it was more like watching a game happening rather than participating in it. In retrospect my main complaint would be that the GM gave my role away by giving out clues in the thread. I don't know if that's usual over there?
no fences

irretating
not too sweet to sledge

Post by irretating » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 am

Charlou wrote:
irretating wrote:Sorry, charlou, I discussed with sifaka, and we feel that the ratskept community might complain heaps over a no-PM game... I guess I can't go that extra step to make it 100% pure mafia, due to how people are used to playing over there. I hope you will still play there.. I know your other game wasn't the fun experience you were hoping for, but with our game design the meaningful stuff will still be in the game thread :)
The zombie game was fun but it was more like watching a game happening rather than participating in it. In retrospect my main complaint would be that the GM gave my role away by giving out clues in the thread. I don't know if that's usual over there?
Yes, it is the usual thing (for clues to be won/earned and people's roles eventually given away). It is more like a dinner show than mafia (but still a heap of fun). My personal preference is that people work out who is who by analysis of player behaviour/posting. This blackadder game will not be giving out any information at all... it really will be like these mafia games on here, with the exception of being able to PM. It is very different to the normal ratskept games. I think it will be the ratskept mafia regulars who will feel like fish out of water, rather than anyone who has played the sort of mafia played on here or at TR.

Mantisdreamz

Post by Mantisdreamz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:54 am

^I kind of like that no clues will be put out on the thread.

It can be sort of unfair when a clue narrows you down to either one or two people.

Charlou, you should still try it out. : ) Not everyone really PM's each other... I know I don't all that much.

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:10 am

SO BY PURE YOU mean no pm except scum, no side games and shit like that, just mafia, scum and town, specials on both sides, that's it? Because that is puremafia and what I we led to believe would be playing here.

no treasure hunts and crosswordpuzzle clues, that kind of thing?

That would be vanilla maffial (hardest kind) to e.

NO PM except scum or it's not pure mafia and looses its edge. It's harder in a lot of ways but you guys can do it
Badass Elf

higgs2

Post by higgs2 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:11 am

I don't think I'll do a pm mafia. too easy
Badass Elf

Uselesstwit

Post by Uselesstwit » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:45 pm

You're just scared, like a little child.
irretating wrote:you're a genius, UT!