NAS as an audio and video juke box

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: NAS as an audio and video juke box

Post by Hermit » Thu May 14, 2015 12:37 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:He's also a Marxist. :coffee:
Well, duh. Given one definition of "Marxist", there is just a single, solitary being that isn't.

Two, actually. I forgot about John Lott.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu May 14, 2015 12:40 pm

piscator wrote:The NAS would be easy.
The difficulty is presented by my income stream. It's been operating at 0 RPM for 15 months now.

Bit of a pity. I have a hardwired gigabit network throughout the joint, including one terminal right back in the garden shed. I even dug a 20 metre long, 60 centimetre deep trench to spare me the sight of the cat 6 cable.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

piscator

Post by piscator » Thu May 14, 2015 12:47 pm

You need a job. Semester or two at a jr college should get you going in AutoCAD or ArcGIS. A couple years of working for someone else, you might be good enough to work from home.
It takes a little doing, but any job it takes a week to learn is tenuous and low paying.
Don't scoff. A person who enjoys spreadsheets is already three steps ahead of the next swinging dick in learning about drafting or GIS. You can feed a family and have a reasonable work environment as a moderate draftsman or GIS driver. :tea:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Hermit wrote:
Well, duh. Given one definition of "Marxist", there is just a single, solitary being that isn't.

Hitler, Pinochet, and Seth. I'm pretty sure Thatcher was a Marxist.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu May 14, 2015 2:09 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Hitler, Pinochet, and Seth. I'm pretty sure Thatcher was a Marxist.
Why did you mention Seth? What do you think I meant by "there is just a single, solitary being that isn't."? As for the rest, don't let yourself be fooled. They are crypto-Marxists, one and all.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 14, 2015 3:16 pm

That's what they want you to think, because you are a NLSDUI (New-Labour-Social-Democrat Useful Idiot). :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.