God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!
amused
amused
About me: Reinvention phase initiated

God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by amused » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:12 pm

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. I have the Adobe CS5.5 Premium suite on a desktop that is aged - 2003, WinXP, and it has 10,000 RPM SCSI drives that must be getting close to failure. I 'think' I am authorized to install my license of my Adobe CS a desktop and a laptop at the same time. But when I go to my account at Adobe.com none of my products show up on the 'your orders' page that supposedly gives a download button. And, online chat and telephone support is only available now during the work week. WTF??? Grrrrr...

We think we own this software costing thousands of dollars, but we really don't.

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Re: God Fucking Damn, Adobe

Post by Robert_S » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:21 pm

GIMP or pirate!
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Or Corel Draw suite?

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:29 pm

I have GIMP, it's not in the same league. I PAID thousands of dollars for this software, willingly, so I could just use it at any time.

It's a suite that includes InDesign, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Illustrator, and Acrobat. Very powerful combo.
Last edited by amused on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:30 pm

or

I know what I'm choosing.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Pirated software *always* requires constant fucking with to keep it running. I don't have the time or skills for that, which is why I bought the real thing. Which is why I'm currently peeved, because I shouldn't have to be fucking with it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I have used Corel Draw and photopaint for years and years. I don't think they get the credit the deserve and the full package cost around £300. I bought the last version I have through my daughter (student version) at a third of the usual retail price.

Having said all that I would dearly love to have a full Shop install. All the professionals use it and it is a monster as you no doubt know. Sadly I can't justify the cost.

Anyway Corel is an option if money is a concern.
Last edited by Rum on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Post by maiforpeace » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:48 pm

amused wrote:I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. I have the Adobe CS5.5 Premium suite on a desktop that is aged - 2003, WinXP, and it has 10,000 RPM SCSI drives that must be getting close to failure. I 'think' I am authorized to install my license of my Adobe CS a desktop and a laptop at the same time. But when I go to my account at Adobe.com none of my products show up on the 'your orders' page that supposedly gives a download button. And, online chat and telephone support is only available now during the work week. WTF??? Grrrrr...

We think we own this software costing thousands of dollars, but we really don't.
Yes, that's bullshit that you only get telephone support during the workweek...at that price it should be available 24/7.

It probably was, once, back in the good old days.
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 pm

If you ever have to create documents that look anything like pages from a magazine, Adobe's InDesign is the software of choice. It combines text, photos, video and graphics so easily that once you've used it, everything else is a toy. It integrates with Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Acrobat so well, that creating a project is just awesomely easy. Put all those different media together in one project, then export to PDF, the web, Word, and other destinations with a click of a button.

I'm making a career transition to the marketing side of architecture, and proficiency in InDesign is a prerequisite.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 am

amused wrote:Pirated software *always* requires constant fucking with to keep it running.
That's not been my experience at all. I rarely have problems with software like that.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:15 am

Pappa wrote:
amused wrote:Pirated software *always* requires constant fucking with to keep it running.
That's not been my experience at all. I rarely have problems with software like that.
:dis: I've had several versions of PS and only the most current one is requiring me to reinstall once a month. Pretty much everything I've acquired that way has been trouble-free. Once I figure out how to patch the CS6's 32-bit file into the right place, I should be able to avoid that, even. Can't seem to get it right, tho, even with following the instructions.
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 am

OK then. Photoshop?

WANT!

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:27 pm

reported

amused
amused

Post by amused » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:30 pm

FBM wrote:
Pappa wrote:
:dis: I've had several versions of PS and only the most current one is requiring me to reinstall once a month. Pretty much everything I've acquired that way has been trouble-free. Once I figure out how to patch the CS6's 32-bit file into the right place, I should be able to avoid that, even. Can't seem to get it right, tho, even with following the instructions.
QED

And, you have the skills to do that, and figure out which sites provide a clean file without malware. I have a friend who spends an enormous amount of time downloading pirated everything. Which he rarely actually uses because he's into the pirating for its own thrill, I guess.

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 pm

The problem I'm having with CS6 is minor. I only have to reload it once a month or until I can figure out the instructions. And I'm the extreme opposite of a tekkie. A tekkie would've done it right the first time, I imagine. And this CS6 problem I'm having is one out of dozens of pirated downloads that have been problem-free. :dunno:
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."