Who wants to teach me?

Give us a seminar, lecture or lesson on what your 'thing' is. Now with our exclusive ASK-A-NERD!!!

Have you got a Wacom tablet of some kind?

Yes
42%
No
25%
Cheese
33%

Total votes: 12

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Who wants to teach me?

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 pm

I just got a new Wacon tablet and Adobe Illustrator. Who would like to help me learn it?
Attachments
illustrator.jpg
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Re: Who wants to teach me?

Post by Bella Fortuna » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 pm

:whisper: I think this is in the wrong forum.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Might see this in "The Seminary" in a bit.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote::whisper: I think this is in the wrong forum.
Since my level of 'art' is doodling on a restaurant menu, this might not be the wrong place anyway (but move it if you think you should) :D
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Mousy
I'll rock your pole!

Post by Mousy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:15 pm

I have a Wacom tablet and Illustrator. :biggrin:
And I can help you! Though it really depends on what you want to do. Illustrator produces vector graphics (I use it for doing technical drawings of fashion garments) and isn't a very 'painterly' program so I don't think that the tablet's features really shine using this program; if you want to really 'paint' you need Photoshop. Or Painter, though I have little experience with that program. Illustrator is a very 'clicky' program and while you can use the tablet to do smooth vector lines and brushie shapes and so on... well, I dunno, what do you want to do, Cunt? What sort of piccies/style are you aiming for? :D

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Mousy wrote:I have a Wacom tablet and Illustrator. :biggrin:
And I can help you! Though it really depends on what you want to do. Illustrator produces vector graphics (I use it for doing technical drawings of fashion garments) and isn't a very 'painterly' program so I don't think that the tablet's features really shine using this program; if you want to really 'paint' you need Photoshop. Or Painter, though I have little experience with that program. Illustrator is a very 'clicky' program and while you can use the tablet to do smooth vector lines and brushie shapes and so on... well, I dunno, what do you want to do, Cunt? What sort of piccies/style are you aiming for? :D
To be honest I only got the tablet because I use Photoshop, but I just found out I also have Illustrator, so I want to learn it a bit. As to what I want... dirty pictures!!!
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Mousy
I'll rock your pole!

Post by Mousy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Cunt wrote:
To be honest I only got the tablet because I use Photoshop, but I just found out I also have Illustrator, so I want to learn it a bit. As to what I want... dirty pictures!!!
Well, in Illustrator I usually do deeply boring stuff like this:
That's all done using the pen tool. I don't generally attempt to use the tablet for that, though you can also draw freehand and get a similar effect... just if you're doing something technical the pen tool is much more precise. If you want to draw lines with the pen tool, make sure that the fill colour is clear (in the toolbar, at the bottom, there are two little squares that have colours in them; one of the squares is filled in and the other shows just a coloured border; to draw a line the border square needs to have a colour while the filled in square needs to have a red cross through it - you can do fills if you want but I find it easier to go back and use the paint bucket after I've drawn shapes).

The pen tool works by clicking and dragging. You can click on a point, then click on the next point and, without letting go, drag the mouse to make that newly formed straight line into a curved line. If you click again further away, the line continues. If you want to cut off the line, press enter before starting a new one. Also, what can sometimes happen is that if you're making one long line with multiple curves in it, the shape of the curve prior to the one you're creating can sometimes alter the one you're working on - if you want to stop that from happening but still want to continue making one joined line, hold shift and click the last point you made.

Not sure how well I'm explaining this. :think: But that's the basics of the pen tool. Maybe you'd figured that out already.

BUT. Since you have a tablet, doing all that stuff up there isn't going to help you get used to the tablet at all. :hehe: What sort did you get? If it's a Wacom, it should have pressure sensitivity and that's the best thing about them... if you're in Photoshop, choose the brush tool and also open the brushes palette (Window-->Brushes). That opens a dialogue box in which you can play with how the tablet's pressure/tilt sensitivity affects what you're drawing. I generally let pressure sensitivity alter size (this is under Shape Dynamics - just select 'pen pressure' from the drop down box below 'size jitter' - but you don't actually need to alter the size jitter itself. Though you can experiment) and also opacity and flow, which are under Other Dynamics. But you can play around with other stuff too. For example, you can choose a foreground and a background colour and have the brush shift more towards one of the colours as you increase the pressure (these settings are under Color Dynamics). It's worth experimenting with.

I'm not sure if you'll want to be creating pictures from scratch or not? That's generally what I do. Here's some of my Photoshop stuff if you want an idea: http://foxbane.deviantart.com/gallery/
It's a bit difficult to know where to start to help you - create something, and I might be able to offer advice. :biggrin: If you want it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm

So I screwed around with what you told ml... any suggestions? (this was back and forth a bit between photoshop and illustrator...)
Attachments
Tough tattoo.jpg
Tough tattoo.jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 20680 times
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:00 am

Once again, playing between both programs...
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 20677 times
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

ficklefiend

Post by ficklefiend » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 am

I have non-branded generic crappy tablet, however it is still incredibly handy. A wacom is on my very, very wanted list though. Bigger drawing space, non scratchy stylus and pressure sensitivity- waaaaaaaant.

I've picked up a few bits and bobs from tutorials on deviantart, but mainly I use painter and photoshop as tools to get a finished picture, I create almost everything on paper first.
Set phasers tae malky!
www.ficklefiend.deviantart.com

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 am

I would consider trying paper but I don't know how to draw anyway...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

GenesForLife
Bertie Wooster

Post by GenesForLife » Fri May 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Is there any way of rigging a laptop touchpad as a tablet?

Calilasseia
Butterfly
Butterfly
About me: Destroyer of canards, and merciless shredder of bad ideas. :twisted:

Post by Calilasseia » Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 am

Mousy wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Well, in Illustrator I usually do deeply boring stuff like this:
That's all done using the pen tool. I don't generally attempt to use the tablet for that, though you can also draw freehand and get a similar effect... just if you're doing something technical the pen tool is much more precise. If you want to draw lines with the pen tool, make sure that the fill colour is clear (in the toolbar, at the bottom, there are two little squares that have colours in them; one of the squares is filled in and the other shows just a coloured border; to draw a line the border square needs to have a colour while the filled in square needs to have a red cross through it - you can do fills if you want but I find it easier to go back and use the paint bucket after I've drawn shapes).

The pen tool works by clicking and dragging. You can click on a point, then click on the next point and, without letting go, drag the mouse to make that newly formed straight line into a curved line. If you click again further away, the line continues. If you want to cut off the line, press enter before starting a new one. Also, what can sometimes happen is that if you're making one long line with multiple curves in it, the shape of the curve prior to the one you're creating can sometimes alter the one you're working on - if you want to stop that from happening but still want to continue making one joined line, hold shift and click the last point you made.

Not sure how well I'm explaining this. :think: But that's the basics of the pen tool. Maybe you'd figured that out already.

BUT. Since you have a tablet, doing all that stuff up there isn't going to help you get used to the tablet at all. :hehe: What sort did you get? If it's a Wacom, it should have pressure sensitivity and that's the best thing about them... if you're in Photoshop, choose the brush tool and also open the brushes palette (Window-->Brushes). That opens a dialogue box in which you can play with how the tablet's pressure/tilt sensitivity affects what you're drawing. I generally let pressure sensitivity alter size (this is under Shape Dynamics - just select 'pen pressure' from the drop down box below 'size jitter' - but you don't actually need to alter the size jitter itself. Though you can experiment) and also opacity and flow, which are under Other Dynamics. But you can play around with other stuff too. For example, you can choose a foreground and a background colour and have the brush shift more towards one of the colours as you increase the pressure (these settings are under Color Dynamics). It's worth experimenting with.

I'm not sure if you'll want to be creating pictures from scratch or not? That's generally what I do. Here's some of my Photoshop stuff if you want an idea: http://foxbane.deviantart.com/gallery/
It's a bit difficult to know where to start to help you - create something, and I might be able to offer advice. :biggrin: If you want it.
I don't have Illustrator, but I do have PhotoShop, and it supports the Pen Tool and other vector graphics gizmos. I could use a little help with the use of these sometime.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 pm
So I screwed around with what you told ml... any suggestions? (this was back and forth a bit between photoshop and illustrator...)
That was a nice attachment, old Cunt.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: