Could Ray Comfort really be this dumb?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Could Ray Comfort really be this dumb?

Post by Tero » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:26 am

Just thinking about ministers in general, they pretty much have to toe the line of dogma items. Lutheran ministers do not need to believe in 7 day creation, but the rest has to be considered and fed to congregation as useful teaching, not fact. I think they justify being a hypocrite with the idea that they are doing some good.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Faithfree
The Potable Atheist
About me: All things in moderation, including moderation

Post by Faithfree » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Thank fuck he's a Kiwi, so Oz doesn't have to disown him.
Although it may look like a forum, this site is actually a crowd-sourced science project modelling the slow but inexorable heat death of the universe.

Faithfree
The Potable Atheist
About me: All things in moderation, including moderation

Post by Faithfree » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Tero wrote: ..... at 3 minutes he starts with dog finally developing eyes so he can find the missing female
I've heard some absolutely bat-shit crazy arguments that creationist use to 'disprove' evolution, but this one is in a league of its own. There is absolutely no way that Ray Comfort could genuinely misunderstand evolution this badly, otherwise he wouldn’t have the intelligence to get out of bed in the morning. The only explanation is that he's wilfully concocting bollocks to appeal to his scientifically illiterate followers.
Although it may look like a forum, this site is actually a crowd-sourced science project modelling the slow but inexorable heat death of the universe.

Mysturji
Clint Eastwood
About me: Downloading an app to my necktop

Post by Mysturji » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Faithfree wrote:
Tero wrote: ..... at 3 minutes he starts with dog finally developing eyes so he can find the missing female
I've heard some absolutely bat-shit crazy arguments that creationist use to 'disprove' evolution, but this one is in a league of its own. There is absolutely no way that Ray Comfort could genuinely misunderstand evolution this badly, otherwise he wouldn’t have the intelligence to get out of bed in the morning. The only explanation is that he's wilfully concocting bollocks to appeal to his scientifically illiterate followers.
But... but... but...
How do they get out of bed in the morning? :begging:
Sir Figg Newton wrote:If I have seen further than others, it is only because I am surrounded by midgets.
Cormac wrote:Doom predictors have been with humans right through our history. They are like the proverbial stopped clock - right twice a day, but not due to the efficacy of their prescience.
IDMD2
I am a twit.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 pm

You know that the best thing is. These whackjobs usually do society a favour by rounding up the same host of dangerously credulous fools that usually end up as terrorists. Weirdo cultist segregate them from society and often get them to indulge in mass suicide.

Lets not mock an anti-body.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Gerald McGrew
About me: Fisker of Men

Post by Gerald McGrew » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:36 pm

At least Ray lays it out clearly..."evolution" isn't really the issue here. They're worried that if the kids become "evolutionists", they'll instantly become pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and start having pre-marital sex. IOW, evolution is the gateway drug to full-on liberalism and atheism.

That's why his arguments against evolution are so comically stupid. It's not really his main issue.
If you don't like being called "stupid", then stop saying stupid things.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Faithfree wrote:
He knows his audience.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

lofuji
About me: habitual drunkard, cannabis connoisseur; no wonder I never get anything done.

Post by lofuji » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 am

JacksSmirkingRevenge wrote:Can't bring myself to watch this.
I'm really not in the mood for fuck-sticks like this atm.
A bit off-topic, but it reminds me that a couple of years ago I was going to write a blog post taking a poke at arch AGW denier Nigel Lawson after he appeared, spouting absolute drivel, on BBC Radio 4's program Start the Week. Until I realized that I would have to listen again in order to quote him verbatim. The post never did get written.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out brief candle
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing. [
Macbeth]

It am wicked to mock the afflicted. [
BH (Calcutta), failed]

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. [
Freewheelin' Franklin]

personal blog:
the view from fanling [stories about Hong Kong and any other shite I can think up]