Sex on the new forum

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Sex on the new forum

Post by Rum » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:49 pm

We have more than 200 more members then they do.

So there. :hehe:

kiki5711
Forever with Ekwok

Post by kiki5711 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Animavore wrote:I don't think they should be high and mighty.
They're still whinging and sore about Dawkins.
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/richa ... t1725.html

I can understand them keeping the rules. They were after a home away from home. That doesn't mean I agree with them, I think they're a little misguided if they don't see the new forum as a tabla rusa. They have no obligation to go by the RDF rules at all.
I'm not sure people see this place as "the whore a man goes to to satisfy his basest carnal desires because he doesn't want to defile his pristine wife with them" (forgive me for laughing at this, that is just classic) I just think that they still believe they are trying to carry on the same standard of science and reason and are perhaps even trying to prove something to RDF?

Agree, take us back the way we were, we're hurting soooooooo much without you!!!

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:58 pm

It's cool with me. You've got a more serious forum there (mainly) and a wilder one here, with a fair bit of overlap.

I find the "us & them" talk a bit funny, as aren't most people in this thread both? :mrgreen:

Blondie
Forum Desperado

Post by Blondie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 pm

lordpasternack wrote:It's quite funny seeing that they lifted that straight from the RD.net FUA, given that it was originally just a safeguard for Richard and his PR. Many of them don't know that - but some will. Why have they done that?
They're even more concerned about their own PR than Richard was. I've narrowly dodged being burned at the stake a couple times now. :mob:
In this world there's two kinds of people: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Happy Trails. :)

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Anthroban wrote:
lordpasternack wrote:It's quite funny seeing that they lifted that straight from the RD.net FUA, given that it was originally just a safeguard for Richard and his PR. Many of them don't know that - but some will. Why have they done that?
They're even more concerned about their own PR than Richard was. I've narrowly dodged being burned at the stake a couple times now. :mob:
:console: The only thing we're concerned about here is burning the steak.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:
Anthroban wrote:
Or bumming it.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:55 pm

devogue wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:
Anthroban wrote:
Or bumming it.
That's where the burns come from.

Randydeluxe
Filled With Aloha
About me: Ua mau ke ea o ka 'aina i ka pono.
Location: SoCal. Previously Honolulu, HI. Previously Vancouver, BC. Sometimes Austin, TX.

Post by Randydeluxe » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote: :console: The only thing we're concerned about here is burning the steak.
Four minutes on one side, four minutes on the other.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Randydeluxe wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote: :console: The only thing we're concerned about here is burning the steak.
Four minutes on one side, four minutes on the other.
Works for me. 8-)

Alan C
Driver of screws
About me: Who is driving? Bear is driving. How can this be?

Post by Alan C » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:24 pm

I like both places. In my mind I go there for a bit of learning and watch fundies get shredded and here for a bit of fun.

:begging:
And when he was carrying that cross up the hill, any normal realistic bloke would have mule-kicked the guy on the left, clobbered the one on the right, and been over that green hill and far away before you could say "Pontius Pilate." - Arnold Rimmer

kiki5711
Forever with Ekwok

Post by kiki5711 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Alan C wrote:I like both places. In my mind I go there for a bit of learning and watch fundies get shredded and here for a bit of fun.

:begging:
Screw the fundies, you're waisting your time! Same arguments over and over will eventually make you feel like you belong in insane asylum. :duel:

CJ

Post by CJ » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:58 pm

virphen wrote:It's cool with me. You've got a more serious forum there (mainly) and a wilder one here, with a fair bit of overlap.

I find the "us & them" talk a bit funny, as aren't most people in this thread both? :mrgreen:
+1000 I agree we are what we are and who gives a flying fuck what they do? If you go to Life's forum you play by his rules. As far as I know hackenslash just ripped the RDF rules off to get things going. We have choice where we can go and that is a good thing!

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Well, I like people like Goldenmane who just never got the vibe here, but I can't talk about sex stuff there - it's just little things like that.

CJ

Post by CJ » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:07 pm

devogue wrote:Well, I like people like Goldenmane who just never got the vibe here, but I can't talk about sex stuff there - it's just little things like that.
With RichardPrins around you'll never get the personal sexual stuff on there, guaranteed, but that's fine as long as you know what to expect. Personally I quite like the place for what it is and apart from a few old time prudes the vast majority of RS members joined RDF after the schism and are quite used to the rules and in no way dislike Ratz at all. They came here and moved on and some have stayed which is bloody marvellous! Some will undoubtedly come back from time to time as well. Dev if you're getting even remotely pissed off now it's a bloody good thing you were in Australia when this all kicked offwhen on one day we had the best part of 200 new members arrive!

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:01 am

I have no problem with them using the existing rules as a starting point. It's the easiest way to get moving. From thereon in, it's up to them to decide where to go. I am neutral on this. I won't pass any comments here about people over there, especially seeing as I'm a member in both forums, as are many other people. If I do have something in any way critical to say about the running or RatSkept, I will most likely say it over there, where it matters.

The new forum has only been up about 10 days, and already people are trying to create some sort of rivalry or discord between the two where none need exist. :nono: Bad idea, and leave me out of it thanks. We got a a lot of goodwill out of the way we handled the sudden influx of people looking to make a new start after they'd been shafted. I'd prefer to keep that goodwill on our balance sheet. [/accountancy speak]

Anyway, if it's just "RD.net minus RD," then what's the problem with that? :dono: Most people at RD.net were quite happy with the rules all things considered, but the high-level power structure failed them. If they want to reconstruct that sort of forum, but under their own control, then good luck to them. For RD.net and RatSkept, you could just as easily substitute TAF and Rationalia. :coffee:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob: