Sex on the new forum

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
starr
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Re: Sex on the new forum

Post by starr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:49 am

Animavore wrote:
starr wrote:
Animavore wrote:We want to spread our depravity everywhere until the world is a slobbering cesspit of immorality.

:hehe:

:hehe:

I miss you Ani :cuddle: :qoti: :flowers:
I miss you too :tears: :hugs:

PS. I actually don't care that they kept the rules. They wanted a home away from home. Let them have it.
:flowers: :hugs:

Holy fucking Moley! When did you get over 10 000 posts! :toot: :toot: :woot: :woot: :toot: :toot: :smooch:
Always in the mood for a little bit of nonsense...
rationalskepticism.org

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:52 am

Yesterday.
At least someone gave me recognition. Every one else gave me scorn and derision.

http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9814&start
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Doubtdispelled

Post by Doubtdispelled » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:21 am

Anthroban wrote:They're even more concerned about their own PR than Richard was.
:what:
And how is that anything to be surprised about, Anth?

You really think it would be a good idea for the new forum to demonstrate, and thus prove, to critics and watchers that there really was "something rotten in the Internet culture" - as described by Richard in his 'Outrage' post - present in the old forum and which was the primary reason for shutting it down? Do me a fucking favour.

And if I'm really that much of a fucking 'prude', then I really don't understand how I came to have four kids. :mrgreen:
We used to laugh a lot
But only because we thought
That everything good always would remain
Nothing's gonna change there's no need to complain
- Jack Johnson.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:26 am

Doubtdispelled wrote:
Anthroban wrote:They're even more concerned about their own PR than Richard was.

You really think it would be a good idea for the new forum to demonstrate, and thus prove, to critics and watchers that there really was "something rotten in the Internet culture" - as described by Richard in his 'Outrage' post - present in the old forum and which was the primary reason for shutting it down? Do me a fucking favour.

And if I'm really that much of a fucking 'prude', then I really don't understand how I came to have four kids. :mrgreen:
Immaculate conception :dono:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 am

Animavore wrote:Yesterday.
At least someone gave me recognition. Every one else gave me scorn and derision.

And if I may so so: so richly deserved. :razzle:

As far as I am concerned, Rational skepticism is RDF MarkII. So be it, but I regret that it saw fit to carry over the restrictions on sexual matters just as much as I objected to their introduction in RDF MarkI. Further, I would not describe discussions of personal sexual issues, desires, or problems, nor images, descriptions or discussions of sexual acts as depravities. That reeks too much of christianity to me. At least Dawkins had tangible reasons for the prohibitions. Is Life after a knighthood as well? :think:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

CJ

Post by CJ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

Doubtdispelled wrote:

One can have kids and still disagree with other peoples sexual behaviour. It's when a person starts criticising somebody else's consensual adult sexual behaviours, which they have no business to do, that their behaviour becomes that of a prude. Having children and being prudish are not related as one is a primary biological function and the other is a secondary social attitude.

Doubtdispelled

Post by Doubtdispelled » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

Animavore wrote:Immaculate conception :dono:
Fuck yeah, that must be it. I always did swear that I could get pregnant just by standing next to a guy at a bus-stop.

Come to think of it, when my 2nd ex and I announced the imminent arrival of our No1, I was working nights and he was working days, so someone asked how we had managed it. I said that we had passed on the stairs one day, which kindof confirms it really.

Should I change my user name?

:biggrin:
We used to laugh a lot
- Jack Johnson.

CJ

Post by CJ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:37 am

Doubtdispelled wrote: Should I change my user name?

:biggrin:
Why would you want to do that?

starr

Post by starr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:41 am

Seraph wrote:
Animavore wrote:Yesterday.

And if I may so so: so richly deserved. :razzle:

As far as I am concerned, Rational skepticism is RDF MarkII. So be it, but I regret that it saw fit to carry over the restrictions on sexual matters just as much as I objected to their introduction in RDF MarkI. Further, I would not describe discussions of personal sexual issues, desires, or problems, nor images, descriptions or discussions of sexual acts as depravities. That reeks too much of christianity to me. At least Dawkins had tangible reasons for the prohibitions. Is Life after a knighthood as well? :think:
If you are picking up on my choice of the word 'depravity' there then I think you are quote-mining somewhat Seraph. ;)
starr wrote: Sex can be discussed here at Rationalia in a multitude of ways ranging from intellectual ponderings to absolute depravity.

I did not intend to pass any judgements by using the word 'depravity' to describe one end of the spectrum by the way. I was just trying to acknowledge that all of the sex stuff here is not 'smut' as such. I quite like most of the smut here by the way. :coffee:
rationalskepticism.org

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 am

The meaning of what I said does not depend on whether I was referring to your post or not.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Thinking Aloud
Page Bottomer

Post by Thinking Aloud » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:51 am

Drama! Must be one of Dev's posts.

starr

Post by starr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:54 am

Thinking Aloud wrote:Drama! Must be one of Dev's posts.
Dev instigating drama? Never! :hehe: :dq:
rationalskepticism.org

Doubtdispelled

Post by Doubtdispelled » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:56 am

CJ wrote:
Doubtdispelled wrote:

One can have kids and still disagree with other peoples sexual behaviour. It's when a person starts criticising somebody else's consensual adult sexual behaviours, which they have no business to do, that their behaviour becomes that of a prude. Having children and being prudish are not related as one is a primary biological function and the other is a secondary social attitude.
:hilarious:
Oh, get off your high horse before you fall off, CJ. "Criticising somebody else's consensual adult sexual behaviours"? No. As far as I am concerned you can do whatever the fuck you like, and yes, it's no business of mine.

But somebody else's consensual adult sexual behaviour described in graphic detail with the aim of titillation whilst trying to pass it off as 'a personal journey of revelation' is hypocrisy, and that I can criticise until the cows come home.

You tried to tell me that I had hurt your feelings with my criticism, remember, CJ? But to say more would require revealing the contents of PM's, although as they were on the now defunct forum I'm not sure the rules against that still stand.

And if it hadn't been for one of your 'coterie' propositioning me to meet for sex, then I probably wouldn't have been inclined to believe what was being said about the true nature of what was going on.
We used to laugh a lot
- Jack Johnson.

virphen
About me: "that fairy-fingering ass-raping space lizard"

One year own my home planet = 3 on earth.

Post by virphen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:58 am

:pop:

irreligionist
Peripheral participant
About me: nothing really to tell

Post by irreligionist » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 pm

:read: