Sex on the new forum

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
devogue

Re: Sex on the new forum

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/feedb ... t1782.html

I'm honestly not trying to flame or anything. I just want to discover the vibe of the new forum.

cowiz
Shirley
About me: Head up a camels arse

Post by cowiz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:53 pm

What does Australian semen taste like?
It's a piece of piss to be cowiz, but it's not cowiz to be a piece of piss. Or something like that.

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:55 pm

pawiz wrote:What does Australian semen taste like?
Coopers.

Ayaan
Queen of the Infidels
About me: AKA: Sciwoman
Location: Married to Gawdzilla and living in Missouri. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Post by Ayaan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 pm

lordpasternack wrote:It's quite funny seeing that they lifted that straight from the RD.net FUA, given that it was originally just a safeguard for Richard and his PR. Many of them don't know that - but some will. Why have they done that?
I'm guessing that it was easier than starting from scratch - and given that most of the folks there (and most of the staff) are straight from RDF it's also what they were used to. There is a tech support section over there if anyone wants to suggest changes to the FUA.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ♥ Robert A. Heinlein
“Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself; (I am large, I contain multitudes.)”-Walt Whitman from Song of Myself, Leaves of Grass
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.~Ripley
The Internet: The Big Book of Everything ~ Gawdzilla Sama

mark1961

Post by mark1961 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:59 pm

devogue wrote:I think I'll start a new thread there.

Something like...

What does semen taste like? Seriously.
Orrid. It cloys and leaves a weird taste in the back of your mouth. Not as bad as earwax though. I was so surprised at how bad that tasted I had to try it twice.

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm

mark1961 wrote:
devogue wrote:I think I'll start a new thread there.

Something like...

What does semen taste like? Seriously.
Orrid. It cloys and leaves a weird taste in the back of your mouth. Not as bad as earwax though. I was so surprised at how bad that tasted I had to try it twice.
Ear wax isn't very nice at all. It's like snotters made by Indians - too rich for Western palates.

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Sciwoman wrote:
lordpasternack wrote:It's quite funny seeing that they lifted that straight from the RD.net FUA, given that it was originally just a safeguard for Richard and his PR. Many of them don't know that - but some will. Why have they done that?
I'm guessing that it was easier than starting from scratch - and given that most of the folks there (and most of the staff) are straight from RDF it's also what they were used to. There is a tech support section over there if anyone wants to suggest changes to the FUA.
I thought that was the case - I thought that the RDF rules would be used as a stop gap, but it seems as though that part, the single most controversial part, will still be enforced, and there's really no need.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Dev, from your posts I read there you've being perfectly reasonable, merely asking if relaying personal sexual experience, if it would make for a meaningful contribution to a topic, would be permitted... and are told no, go back to the rat hole for that smut. Seems rather disappointingly knee-jerk. :? I'm surprised after going through the experience they/we have and feeling bonded in a social community they would still want to be so Mrs. Grundy about these things. Oh well. Those in charge there have the right to govern that site as they think best.
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:Dev, from your posts I read there you've being perfectly reasonable, merely asking if relaying personal sexual experience, if it would make for a meaningful contribution to a topic, would be permitted... and are told no, go back to the rat hole for that smut. Seems rather disappointingly knee-jerk. :? I'm surprised after going through the experience they/we have and feeling bonded in a social community they would still want to be so Mrs. Grundy about these things. Oh well. Those in charge there have the right to govern that site as they think best.
I think that rule will be relaxed, but I do agree that it is disappointing that Ratz is seen as the dumping ground for "unnecessary" and supposedly embarrassing shit.

A while back here I took the entirely personal decision to reveal that I had just enjoyed some really great sex. It wasn't even that graphic, but the thread was fun and the community seemed to enjoy the gossip. That was just after seriously partaking in a thread about the nature of love.

It's not just a fetid, shit fest and squalid dumping ground full of thick, anti-intellectual reprobates here, and I'm getting fed up with that image being projected on to us.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:55 pm

I am too - especially now that many who decried or looked down at us before and said 'Good riddance' apparently rethought this broad-brush appraisal and came here after the debacle - some even apologetic for their behaviour back in '08. They've seen this place first-hand, and if anyone can't see the balance here that I think is uniquely reflective of ALL facets of us as humans and social creatures, then I think they do us a disservice bordering on the offensive. It's a little hurtful if we're going to be stereotyped on a single aspect.

I worry that Ratz will be painted as the whore a man goes to to satisfy his basest carnal desires because he doesn't want to defile his pristine wife with them.

Edit: grammar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't think they should be high and mighty.
They're still whinging and sore about Dawkins.
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/richa ... t1725.html

I can understand them keeping the rules. They were after a home away from home. That doesn't mean I agree with them, I think they're a little misguided if they don't see the new forum as a tabla rusa. They have no obligation to go by the RDF rules at all.
I'm not sure people see this place as "the whore a man goes to to satisfy his basest carnal desires because he doesn't want to defile his pristine wife with them" (forgive me for laughing at this, that is just classic) I just think that they still believe they are trying to carry on the same standard of science and reason and are perhaps even trying to prove something to RDF?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:07 pm

I did mean that line rather tongue in cheek... ;)

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:I did mean that line rather tongue in cheek... ;)
As a whore or a wife? :hehe: :drool:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:12 pm

devogue wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:I did mean that line rather tongue in cheek... ;)
As a whore or a wife? :hehe: :drool:
I like to think I'm the best of both worlds. :levi:

You didn't ask me which cheek, after all...

tytalus

Post by tytalus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:42 pm

I was about to ask whose tongue, and in which cheek...damn, predictable.

I will check out the RS thread, however, and check in on the subject. Can't make any promises, though, as I am no mod/donator type and I go for subtle humor anyway.