An Admin's Blog - Please pass this round

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
95Theses

An Admin's Blog - Please pass this round

Post by 95Theses » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am

hi All

Peter Harrison, a former Admin at RDF has penned this blog piece summing it all up.

He posted it in the main thread but that thread is moving so fast I thought it might get buried, it deserves to be spread around so here it is :

http://realityismyreligion.wordpress.co ... /#more-156
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell.

Ilovelucy

Re: An Admin's Blog - Please pass this round

Post by Ilovelucy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 am

Best summation I've read so far. Everyone should read this and then formulate their theories.
Forums are interesting and if you don't agree, you can fuck off.

Dr. Kwaltz

Post by Dr. Kwaltz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:15 am

Ilovelucy wrote:Best summation I've read so far. Everyone should read this and then formulate their theories.
Indeed it was a great summary, highly recommended reading for anyone who wants the nitty-gritty details and you know you do! :tiphat:

Millefleur
Sugar Nips
About me: I like buttons. Shiny, shiny buttons.

Post by Millefleur » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:57 am

I suspect it'll only be a matter of time before the media sinks its teeth into this, anyone want to push it along? I'd have thought forwarding Peter Harrisons blog entry to the Guardian might be a good start perhaps? Any paper running the story would ask Richard for a statement, might get us some fucking answers.
Men! They're all beasts!
Yeah. But isn't it wonderful?

J.A.Poisson

Post by J.A.Poisson » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:04 am

It's like babbys first internet blow up, it's cute.

recursive prophet

Post by recursive prophet » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 am

I will be sure this blog is posted on TalkRational and on JREF. I knew Peter from RD.net. While yesterday's events allow me to say 'told ya so' wrt the direction the site was heading for with it's absentee ownership, I certainly didn't envision this. I made my case in defense of why a large group of us had moved to TR months ago in a PM network Peter was part of back then. Sure glad I made that move, and didn't waste more time posting thoughts that will soon be deleted. Need to spend more time here now also. Both rationalia and TR are and have been far superior to RD.net overall for quite a while now IMHO. :cheers:

Wow. Another thing I like about this site besides the best smiley selection-you get to see posts made just before yours. Go for it Mille! And Charlou, could you send it to some of the papers covering Dawson's appearances down under? This would be a good way to bring this clusterfuck to his attention.

Calilasseia
Butterfly
Butterfly
About me: Destroyer of canards, and merciless shredder of bad ideas. :twisted:

Post by Calilasseia » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:27 am

J.A.Poisson wrote:It's like babbys first internet blow up, it's cute.
Except that the baby in this instance blew up a high-profile site, one with global reach and members posting from six continents, with a W88 warhead dialled to produce maximum yield at zero altitude. Which requires either an epic level of stupidity, or considerable malice aforethought, neither of which are 'cute'.

Damien Karras
About me: Degenerate motorcycle scum; godless, drink-sodden barbarian; cheeky chappie and occasional user of the phrase "pim-hole".

Post by Damien Karras » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 am

Calilasseia wrote:
J.A.Poisson wrote:It's like babbys first internet blow up, it's cute.
Except that the baby in this instance blew up a high-profile site, one with global reach and members posting from six continents, with a W88 warhead dialled to produce maximum yield at zero altitude. Which requires either an epic level of stupidity, or considerable malice aforethought, neither of which are 'cute'.
Possible, of course, to be fabulously stupid and a malicious little ball-rag.
Cheers
Simon
---
Man rides extremely long way on motorbike, drinking beer and rubbishing Our Lord all the while:
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/fitzpatrick/

RDF refugee. Will work for drinks.