Gripe About RDF Here

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Gripe About RDF Here

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:44 am

Victor T wrote:Hey, I was just new to the RDF when it commited suicide. I found a lot of gold there and am sad to see it go. I have read all his books, put the man on a pedestal, just to be let down. Shame on you RIchard, don't put your name on shit you don't endorse. I am just new to this, what is sig?
Check your user control panel, it lets you add a sig...

Welcome, by the way, and if you get stuck, PM me or another mod...

(I read all his books too...)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Feck

Post by Feck » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:54 am

Victor T wrote:Hey, I was just new to the RDF when it commited suicide. I found a lot of gold there and am sad to see it go. I have read all his books, put the man on a pedestal, just to be let down. Shame on you RIchard, don't put your name on shit you don't endorse. I am just new to this, what is sig?
I know just how you feel the last time they tried a stunt like this over there I was in the same position ... but some of the people on here rescued me, we have been through a lot since then ...Besides this forum is a LOT more fun .....Welcome.
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Mazille

Post by Mazille » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:48 am

Rum wrote:"We had intended to leave the forum fully-funtioning for 30 days, but due to the inappropriate posts by some users and moderators, we have decided to leave the forum in a read-only state".

:lol:
Which is also why deleted my account over there along with almost 6000 posts. I am dumbstruck.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:51 am

Mazille wrote:
Rum wrote:"We had intended to leave the forum fully-funtioning for 30 days, but due to the inappropriate posts by some users and moderators, we have decided to leave the forum in a read-only state".

Which is also why deleted my account over there along with almost 6000 posts. I am dumbstruck.
Many of us went through a similar deletion of posts in the First Fall, when the ancient land of Vets was submerged beneath the waves...
And my gin!

Mazille

Post by Mazille » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:55 am

JimC wrote:
Mazille wrote:

Many of us went through a similar deletion of posts in the First Fall, when the ancient land of Vets was submerged beneath the waves...
ALL of your posts? There is not a single trace left that I ever was a member of RDF.
Night of the Long Knifes indeed.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 am

Mazille wrote:
JimC wrote:
Mazille wrote:

ALL of your posts? There is not a single trace left that I ever was a member of RDF.
True, it was a pruning rather than a complete destruction, but still hurtful...

For you guys, it must be worse... :console:
And my gin!

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:22 am

Mazille wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about that.

It is the moral equivalent of book burning to my mind. :pissed:
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

pstark

Post by pstark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:14 am

Mazille wrote:ALL of your posts? There is not a single trace left that I ever was a member of RDF.
I've been thinking of this latest incident as the Timonen Massacre.

CJ

Post by CJ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 am

Mazille wrote:
JimC wrote:
Mazille wrote:

We are now meer ghosts!

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 am

All those posts ... lost:

God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 am

CJ wrote:
Mazille wrote:
JimC wrote:
Mazille wrote:

We are now meer ghosts!
Is that the eerie remains of dead meerkats? :o
And my gin!

Mazille

Post by Mazille » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:54 am

JimC wrote:
CJ wrote:
Mazille wrote:
JimC wrote:
We are now meer ghosts!
Is that the eerie remains of dead meerkats? :o
Meerblobs. :eddy:

Jay G

Post by Jay G » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi:

I was away on a short vacation and came back to all this. What happened? We went from a chat-room to a forum to nothing.

Jay G
"Their two is not the real two, their four is not the real four"
"Reason is the Devil's whore"

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:58 pm

It's called entropy (although apparently entropy isn't what it used to be). :whistle:

"Enjoy the war, the peace will be terrible ..."

:td:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Mazille wrote:
JimC wrote:
Mazille wrote:

I lost about 10000 posts or something that last time...
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/