Gripe About RDF Here

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Re: Gripe About RDF Here

Post by maiforpeace » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 am

NineBerry wrote:See, I wanted to print my collected threads on rd.net as a book and build on a cultish religion of brainless followers on these works. How could I accomplish that now??? :lay:
Hey Nine! :smooch: haven't seen you around for a while!
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]

Valden
About me: Once upon a time...

Post by Valden » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Valden wrote:
pawiz wrote:
Valden wrote:But I am glad Ratz is here. :td:
We are glad you are here
:cheers:

Now I just need to figure my way around this forum (You all got an art section! My hero's! But can I have a personal art thread?). Being a newbie is never fun for me.
If it is your own art, start a thread in here http://rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33, otherwise, start one in the arts thread general - we have no plans to require approval for new threads... yet! :twisted:
Sweet! Thanks for letting me know. Skylarking and I tried getting a personal art subforum on RD.Net started, but the thread we started in the Tech section got buried and then forgotten. I had so many fun idea's. I'll love sharing them here!

Edit: Mai!!! ♥

maiforpeace

Post by maiforpeace » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am

Valden wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Valden wrote:
pawiz wrote:
We are glad you are here

Now I just need to figure my way around this forum (You all got an art section! My hero's! But can I have a personal art thread?). Being a newbie is never fun for me.
If it is your own art, start a thread in here http://rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33, otherwise, start one in the arts thread general - we have no plans to require approval for new threads... yet! :twisted:
Sweet! Thanks for letting me know. Skylarking and I tried getting a personal art subforum on RD.Net started, but the thread we started in the Tech section got buried and then forgotten. I had so many fun idea's. I'll love sharing them here!

Edit: Mai!!! ♥
It's a good thing I can see your age and location, otherwise I wouldn't have known who you were. :smooch: :hugs:
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am

maiforpeace wrote:
NineBerry wrote:See, I wanted to print my collected threads on rd.net as a book and build on a cultish religion of brainless followers on these works. How could I accomplish that now??? :lay:
Hey Nine! :smooch: haven't seen you around for a while!
You people over here are too hasty for me old Ent. You log off an hour, thereby missing the creation of ten new memes and don't understand anything anyone says anymore :eddy:

Valden

Post by Valden » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:35 am

maiforpeace wrote:
It's a good thing I can see your age and location, otherwise I wouldn't have known who you were. :smooch: :hugs:
:hugs: I do like that we can see everyone's age here.

I'm With Stupid

Post by I'm With Stupid » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:39 am

I want to post a picture of my snowman. Where might one do that?

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:I want to post a picture of my snowman. Where might one do that?
Start a thread here: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

or maybe here: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

or maybe here: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

maiforpeace

Post by maiforpeace » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:I want to post a picture of my snowman. Where might one do that?
There's a search function that works here! See what comes up for photos...

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 am

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Valden wrote:
pawiz wrote:
We are glad you are here

You don't approve threads?! That's nuts. Look, I know a good IT guy named Josh who can help you guys out with your site admin, I'll just go find his details for you. He's great at clearing out off-topic mess, silly topics, dissent, 80,000 forum members, smilies...

Yep, he's your man.
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

Valden

Post by Valden » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:
Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Valden wrote:
pawiz wrote:
We are glad you are here

You don't approve threads?! That's nuts. Look, I know a good IT guy named Josh who can help you guys out with your site admin, I'll just go find his details for you. He's great at clearing out off-topic mess, silly topics, dissent, 80,000 forum members, smilies...

Yep, he's your man.
:funny:

HughMcB
Location: Toronto, Canada. . . . . . . . . . . . . (natural habitat: Ireland)

Post by HughMcB » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 am

Mr.Samsa wrote:You don't approve threads?! That's nuts. Look, I know a good IT guy named Josh who can help you guys out with your site admin, I'll just go find his details for you. He's great at clearing out off-topic mess, silly topics, dissent, 80,000 forum members, smilies...

Yep, he's your man.
:toot:

The RDF spirit still lives! :demon:

PS Great to see you Samsa! ;)
Timonenfail wrote:We are all very excited about the new changes.
Quote-mine Dawkins wrote:If I ever had any doubts that RD.net needs to change, and rid itself of this particular aspect of Internet culture, they are dispelled by this episode.

Mr.Samsa

Post by Mr.Samsa » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 am

HughMcB wrote:
Mr.Samsa wrote:You don't approve threads?! That's nuts. Look, I know a good IT guy named Josh who can help you guys out with your site admin, I'll just go find his details for you. He's great at clearing out off-topic mess, silly topics, dissent, 80,000 forum members, smilies...

Yep, he's your man.
:toot:

The RDF spirit still lives! :demon:

PS Great to see you Samsa! ;)
:tup:

And thanks :td: I got a few posts in recommending people come here before they cut off my access, so hopefully most of the RDF regulars will pop over (and looking at the Welcome section this seems to be the case!).
“The real question is not whether machines think but whether men do. The mystery which surrounds a thinking machine already surrounds a thinking man.” - B. F. Skinner.

Existentialist1844
Clique Infiltrator
About me: Trying to avoid existential despair.

Post by Existentialist1844 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 am

Who gives a shit.
"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

:pounce:

Kristie
Elastigirl
About me: From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere!

Post by Kristie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 am

Existentialist1844 wrote:Who gives a shit.
Don't worry. We won't forget you just because a bunch of better people have come along. :console:
We danced.

Existentialist1844
Clique Infiltrator
About me: Trying to avoid existential despair.

Post by Existentialist1844 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 am

FIO wrote:
Existentialist1844 wrote:Who gives a shit.
Don't worry. We won't forget you just because a bunch of better people have come along. :console:
I meant who gives a shit about RDF.
"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

:pounce: