Announcement about RDF

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
natselrox

Re: Announcement about RDF

Post by natselrox » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

SpeedOfSound wrote:I have ten thousand posts over there that document my personal journey from thinking that rocks should be conscious to a firm personal solution to the Hard Problem and a thorough understanding of both the philosophy and science of the mind. My personal problem and my personal whine. I'm sure that everyone who has participated has laid down in bits there own rational journey in the same manner.
True, SoS! Each of us have had a wonderful journey over at RDF. I transformed from a guy who thought biology was a soft-science for dimwits to a fairly decent biologist.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm

FIO wrote:
HughMcB wrote:
Stephen wrote:Greetings all, I was Amethyst Deceiver over at RDF. Hadn't been there long but I was quite enjoying it. This was rather a shock.

Oh well, here I am. :td:
Good to see you again... and sign of MacGuffin?

Who's going to create multiple pointless threads now? :(
There are many pointless threads created here daily! And they're all welcome! :biggrin:
"Pointless threads"? Who would do that? :cranky:
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Oh, I read that. I thought there was some talk of some distasteful private messages. :what:
Is it so unsafe when you are
Insecure in the space where you are?

locutus7

Post by locutus7 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Question: Could the RDF shutdown be caused by a stealth theist (I don't know what Josh or Andrew's affiliation is)? It is awfully suspicious. What else could the motives be: embezzlement (probably not, not enough money)? Power?
"The idea of a "god" creating the Universe is a mechanistic absurdity clearly derived from the making of machines by men." Fred Hoyle, The Black Cloud

"Your book of myths is about as much use as a fishnet condom is for birth control." Calilasseia

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 pm

SpeedOfSound wrote:
What exactly could have irritated them about our posts?
Do you want a random list? Or alphabetical?

On a more serious note, I have been trying to PM you over there, but couldn't. Glad to see that I don't have to.
Darren8306 wrote:SpeedOfSound:
I don't know if you knew, but with the forum closing, there is a new place open for those wishing to continue as we were. It is www dot rationalia dot com, and I hope to see you there.
-Darren (see if you can guess my alias on Rationalia)
...oh, and by the way...
---
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 pm

locutus7 wrote:Question: Could the RDF shutdown be caused by a stealth theist (I don't know what Josh or Andrew's affiliation is)? It is awfully suspicious. What else could the motives be: embezzlement (probably not, not enough money)? Power?
Hubris + Stupidity = Meltdown
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Post by klr » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:35 pm

RD is currently viewing his PMs, something I know from using that feature-which-we-do-not-name. :shifty:

I wonder ... even with the 1-hour limit applied ... how many people have sent him PMs? :eddy:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

I thought about it, but I don't think it'll make any difference. We were marginalised once, and this is just a stronger reiteration of same. :nono:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

SpeedOfSound

Post by SpeedOfSound » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Cunt wrote:
SpeedOfSound wrote:

On a more serious note, I have been trying to PM you over there, but couldn't. Glad to see that I don't have to.
I don't know if you knew, but with the forum closing, there is a new place open for those wishing to continue as we were. It is www dot rationalia dot com, and I hope to see you there.
...oh, and by the way...
---
Love your new handle. Would you prefer a Mr. before that or should we keep it informal?
Favorite quote:
lifegazer says "Now, the only way to proceed to claim that brains create experience, is to believe that real brains exist (we certainly cannot study them). And if a scientist does this, he transcends the barriers of both science and metaphysics."

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Bella Fortuna wrote:I thought about it, but I don't think it'll make any difference. We were marginalised once, and this is just a stronger reiteration of same. :nono:
Yep. I missed the first culling, think I was overseas and incommunicado for a couple of months. got back and half the bloody population was gone. This is Same Shit, Different Day, but I have a feeling this one is going to be a lot bigger.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:43 pm

SpeedOfSound wrote:
Cunt wrote:
SpeedOfSound wrote:

...oh, and by the way...
---
Love your new handle. Would you prefer a Mr. before that or should we keep it informal?
That's 'Doctor' to you... ;)

Heresiarch
About me: Formerly known as Heresiarch.

Post by Heresiarch » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 pm

laklak wrote:
Bella Fortuna wrote:I thought about it, but I don't think it'll make any difference. We were marginalised once, and this is just a stronger reiteration of same. :nono:
Yep. I missed the first culling, think I was overseas and incommunicado for a couple of months. got back and half the bloody population was gone. This is Same Shit, Different Day, but I have a feeling this one is going to be a lot bigger.
I got bored and wandered away to different pastures for about a year. When I came back the original purge was all over, so it never really affected me. If I had been around, I would probably have ended up here a lot sooner.
The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that
believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that
believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.
-- Honest Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

Jerome23

Post by Jerome23 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

locutus7 wrote:Question: Could the RDF shutdown be caused by a stealth theist (I don't know what Josh or Andrew's affiliation is)? It is awfully suspicious. What else could the motives be: embezzlement (probably not, not enough money)? Power?

I VERY much doubt any religious believer has quietly infiltrated the heart of the RDF :) Those of us who "infiltrate" atheist sites are bloody blatant about it, and tend to harp on about our beliefs. (see my sig!) Nope this is a human thing: humans do shitty thing, and institutionalised atheism suffers from exactly the same problems as instituitonalised religion human beings cock it up :)
j x
I am really boring and long winded: prejudice declared
My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair

Post by Bella Fortuna » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Heresiarch wrote:
laklak wrote:
I got bored and wandered away to different pastures for about a year. When I came back the original purge was all over, so it never really affected me. If I had been around, I would probably have ended up here a lot sooner.
Our loss then... :hugs: Still... better days ahead.

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm

OK, which smartarse signed up as Josh? Or is it actually Josh? :ask:
Dogma is the death of the intellect