Atheism plus

A forum to talk about other sites and things you've found in the jungle that is the internet.

Please take a moment to read the rationalia guidelines: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3449
rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Atheism plus

Post by rainbow » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:53 am

devogue wrote:Hopefully Mai, Ronja and PZ will come back now that we have won :hehe:
Absolutely.
No doubt whatsoever.

However since we are all banned from any site that they post on, how will we tell them?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:20 am

Pappa could tell another rape joke. That'll get Pustular Zit here in a flash.. :hehe:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:17 am

eRv wrote:Pappa could tell another rape joke. That'll get Pustular Zit here in a flash.. :hehe:
Yeh. Like the man who raped a dumb girl, and then stamped on her fingers, so she couldn't tell her mother. :tup:
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:18 am

Oh dear...
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 am

Oh dear dear...
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Animavore wrote:The whole reason I jacked religion is because I like to think for myself. What A+ tried to do was build a church around me and tell me what I was supposed to believe.

I wouldn't mind but things like women's rights, homosexual rights, and social justice I believed in when I was a Catholic (in spite of the Church), when I was a Buddhist, and when I was 'spiritual but not religious'. All of these issues have their own arguments completely independently of atheism or religion. I saw no connection at all.
Btw you do know that gay has been the up to date word for homosexual since the 1970s don't you?
OMG. A+ authoritarianism is alive and kicking it seems.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:
Animavore wrote:The whole reason I jacked religion is because I like to think for myself. What A+ tried to do was build a church around me and tell me what I was supposed to believe.

I wouldn't mind but things like women's rights, homosexual rights, and social justice I believed in when I was a Catholic (in spite of the Church), when I was a Buddhist, and when I was 'spiritual but not religious'. All of these issues have their own arguments completely independently of atheism or religion. I saw no connection at all.
Btw you do know that gay has been the up to date word for homosexual since the 1970s don't you?
OMG. A+ authoritarianism is alive and well it seems.
There is a logic shortfall in almost every post I read in this place nowadays. Sarcasm is all there is, but no rationale to justify it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:

There is a logic shortfall in almost every post I read in this place nowadays. Sarcasm is all there is, but no rationale to justify it.
The rationale was very clear. You were being called out for being overly fussy about terminology. In context, ani was describing "homosexual rights" in the context of his catholic past, which was fair enough...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:04 pm

Hmm. You didn't seem to need a rationale in order to ignore what Ani actually said in favour of self-authorised tone-policing.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Exi5tentialist

Post by Exi5tentialist » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:08 pm

JimC wrote:The rationale was very clear. You were being called out for being overly fussy about terminology. In context, ani was describing "homosexual rights" in the context of his catholic past, which was fair enough...
Look who's being "overly fussy" about terminology now! You treasure your vocabulary, JimC, it far exceeds your understanding.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 pm

"My results are not surprising to social scientists, who know that humans derive self-worth from the groups we belong to."
-- Sarah Lyons-Padilla

https://behavioralpolicy.org/article/be ... mmigrants/

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:00 am

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:

Tone policing and concern trolling is all we hear out of you.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:19 am

Exi5tentialist wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:

Learn to deal with it.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:56 pm

mistermack wrote:Seems to have been taken down.

There were no new postings for months on end, apart from a bit of sniping about why it died.
Now it's just a "General Error" page.

Rest in shit, dipshits.

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:I've been searching mentions of Tyrannical. I can't find any mentions of someone calling him a racist. Granted someone did so in this thread which looked like it was for the sake of this argument. Can anyone help back the claim up with a link?
doesn't he call himself a racist?

I mean it's not controversial, I think.

Do we need to call him a racist for some reason? Why?

What business is it of ours if he's a racist?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar